The move against butchering gear suffixes

SPQR

Legend
This has been in their workings for a while now. They probably spent a long time discussing it, and now have spent the time to finally doing it. To change their minds now is going to be nearly impossible

As said above I don’t see Blizzard going back on this.

There are some items that are just absolutely ridiculous at the moment due to the suffixes.

Remember it could also be a quick of character copy. They may just regenerate the suffix as if it had just dropped. Given how you don't being over most toys or heirlooms unless they are in your bags, it's certainly possible it's a char copy "feature" and items will stay the same on live.

But don't let that stop you from asking and checking with blizz. Better safe than sorry.

Remember it could also be a quick of character copy. They may just regenerate the suffix as if it had just dropped. Given how you don't being over most toys or heirlooms unless they are in your bags, it's certainly possible it's a char copy "feature" and items will stay the same on live.

But don't let that stop you from asking and checking with blizz. Better safe than sorry.

I really hope this is the case, because I currently have Tons of archaedic stones suffixed including gloves/shoulders/ Rare Aqua signets of striking and much more :/

I really hope this is the case, because I currently have Tons of archaedic stones suffixed including gloves/shoulders/ Rare Aqua signets of striking and much more :/

Both on Beta / PTR the old Uldaman suffix gear converts to the non-suffix current gear. RIP all the Revo shoulders / gloves I have on my monks / discs. Unlike the green suffixed gear which gets converted to one of the new suffixes with random stats, but keeps it's original iLevel and has often aa very minor stat advantage over a DG blue

Both on Beta / PTR the old Uldaman suffix gear converts to the non-suffix current gear. RIP all the Revo shoulders / gloves I have on my monks / discs. Unlike the green suffixed gear which gets converted to one of the new suffixes with random stats, but keeps it's original iLevel and has often aa very minor stat advantage over a DG blue
was that happening asw when they deleted suffix from stuff like UEBs?

as this got necro'd anyways what happened in um, i'd have said mop/wld or something around that? was that uebs, which used to be 8ap+suffix b4 got changed to nonsuffix and given more stats, but whoever has had uebs with suffix would've kept the suffix on them, in addition to their newly gained stats, effectively giving them a pair of superstat bracers.
so i was asking whether it behaved any differently than what made live on the ptr, because that would be a good data point to work from

Back then, the old UEBs were left unchanged, and gf'd....at that time. They've coexisted with the non-suffixed ones. From what I hear, on the PTR, all that gf'd stuff will become un-suffixed. In fact, AFAIK everything is getting un-suffixed, if it had "of the eagle/ of agility". The gf'd UEBS willl look just like the current ones.
[doublepost=1531374319,1531374198][/doublepost]Here's a post on UEBs and such: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765736425
You all might add your own voice, if there's any hope to get stuff like this saved from oblivion.

I have Beta access, so I'd be willing to throw some science at the wall to see what sticks. I followed those forum links as well, and the threads seem to be gone because it just takes me to the main forum page. @SPQR What exactly is your question so I could make a post about it?

Gear suffixes are randomized to one of the 3 new ones when they get moved to the Beta / PTR, meaning you have no control and they can change primary stat to something that's no good for your class. Cloaks seem to be especially badly effected, I have a couple "of Power" Cloaks on a 39 Monk that become Int + Secondary stats on PTR / Beta, which isn't great on a WW ! It's a similar story with the Satchel Cloaks on my 19's - of Stamina becomes something random with Int only as it's primary.

All the old Uldaman suffix gear copies over into the current iteration of the gear Revelosh's Spaulders of Agility become plain Revolosh's Spaulders - RIP the 15 sets of suffix ones I have on one of my Monks

Gear suffixes are randomized to one of the 3 new ones when they get moved to the Beta / PTR, meaning you have no control and they can change primary stat to something that's no good for your class. Cloaks seem to be especially badly effected, I have a couple "of Power" Cloaks on a 39 Monk that become Int + Secondary stats on PTR / Beta, which isn't great on a WW ! It's a similar story with the Satchel Cloaks on my 19's - of Stamina becomes something random with Int only as it's primary.

All the old Uldaman suffix gear copies over into the current iteration of the gear Revelosh's Spaulders of Agility become plain Revolosh's Spaulders - RIP the 15 sets of suffix ones I have on one of my Monks

There are more than three suffixes. Maybe 6? I know of aurora, quickblade, decimator, impatient off he top of my head. But yes, ALL old suffixes (of agility, stam, strength, owl, monkey, etc) are getting rerolled to RANDOM legion suffixes. Hopefully everyone has good RNG and gets the secondary stats they need. If you have any GF'd UEBs like I do and dont want to risk them getting changed to shit, you can always throw them in a guild bank and wait for blizz to change suffixes again and pull them out. If that ever happens..

What exactly is your question so I could make a post about it?
No there hasn't been any noticeable effort for this.
With prepatch coming in 5 days to live servers (probably) there is hardly a time for them to bring any of such changes.

I myself don't want any of existing old items to be effected by this change and just have separated rules for old and new items.

But lets be honest - i want to keep old suffixes + get extra primal stats from new update as the items still have the same name/id.

it is not what is best for the game in the long run.
There is surely a middle ground there but it would take more than copy-paste solution.

you can always throw them in a guild bank and wait for blizz to change suffixes again and pull them out.
First, how does one copy guild to ptr/beta in order to test this matter.
Second, the suffix database itself been altered. that is why all existing items got reboot retroactively.
Atleast it is as i see it.
If this is the case then putting it in guild bank wont help and they will change regardless first time you open you gbank tab

Users who are viewing this thread