The Future of Twinking

Future of Twinking

• Xpoff staff's Uber Epic Private Server Projects'll save us if we donate well.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LecolaEU

Grandfathered
'Twinking RIP' talks are our classic but what do you think about future?

If the site can return it’s roots Classic servers could be it’s saving grace. It really is a matter of how the administration wants to handle the situation.
Planning should have started as soon as Classic servers were announced if that is the direction the site wants to go. This could be a potential missed opportunity unless management does something quickly.
As far as BfA is concerned, we are just now getting trickles of information from the Alpha build. Sooner or later people will have access to the Beta and we will be getting daily updates. This could be a potential missed opportunity unless management does something very very quickly.

Each and every expansion... nay! Practically each and and every major patch there will be/has been the doomsayers of Twinkdom. And eleven years later we are still here.
We are the cockroaches of WoW!

/cheers

BfA will bring confirmed changes to leveling zones that low-level twinks get all their gear from; that means new, better-looking gear for twinks. Watcher also confirmed that we will be able to customize our stats in instanced pvp to a certain degree; what exactly that means I don't know. Another thing that has been confirmed is honor talents being unlocked as you level your character instead of leveling your character's honor level. All these changes combined with classic servers and the thirst for knowledge will keep the community going just fine. Treating twinking like it's all about skill in an effort to sort of steer people towards some sort of twinking-related E-sports will probably counter this growth as will splitting the community by stealing a database and making all information private. Creating guides, contributing to theory-crafting, and coming together to figure things out is all we need.

Neither private servers or esports will be what saves twinking, at most they should be a cherry on top of an already successful community, however both of these things often require drastically high levels of effort for minimal returns, at least in a community of this size, it is difficult to justify consistent effort.

Easy....next patch is the future. Who knows exactly what it will bring but I do know its the future of twinking.

I think the horse has been beaten , smashed and burned long enough. Find a new topic like wsg strategies, new places to go, new gear, start a premade, easy ways to make gold etc......

I’d like us to get back to the days when there were lots of guides, like F2P guide to Love is in the Air event, or when we all discover stuff during a new patch or when the old X-PAC gets added to Battlechest etc. I love the way the community works together to discover things that we thought weren’t possible.
It’s all these guides and discoveries that I’m really missing.
With regards to the next patch - I’m quietly excited about Hunter pet changes - dang! Spirit Beasts able to munch magic buffs and soothe enraged targets...... gonna be a Huntards dream....... though every X-pac is - lol.
Anyone know if Classic will be available as F2P? Or they gonna gate it with BFA?

WoW will probably never die in our lifetimes.. and Twinking will survive as long as wow survives... Legion was actually a crazy good expansion for us twinks! Starting off with the invasion gear, then the OP greys from the start of legion then ofcourse the Epic necklace from love is in the air... And also making lowbies join events more.. and now lvl 20's to be able to join EVERY event is mad!
The fun thing about WoW is is that every expansion is sort of like a new game with radical changes to lots of things, which gives us new opportunities every time! Even with just 1 new BiS every expansion i would be happy.

Would be nice to get a few more Epics... or titanforge on low lvls would be cool!
Or new items from BG boxes etc.. maybe a new event! or endless things which would be good news for us! keeping us busy!
Scaling of zones could also be adjusted or whatever! i'm sure there will be many new things and changes for decades!
And if twinking does go to 1% of what it is today.. then that makes it alot easyer to slash through the noobs in BG :D

I'm going to talk about my feedback as regards F2P twinking, because it's the only bracket I've known.

From what I've seen, lvl20 community is still there since the creation of starter account. So it means that since about 7 years, we have several people in the world who keep playing lvl20 despite the fact they can subscribe or leave the game because of the last expansion changes.

That's interesting, because a normal player would have never come back in normal times. I've seen a lot of players who leaved the game or subscribed and gave up lvl20 bracket, but I keep seeing others players as well who still play lvl20 when they may, no matter if they have a subscribe account or not.

Moreover, it seems that what makes our strength is the fact we have passion for this game format.

• We've experimented the twinks 24 and 29, who unbalanced the power relationship between them and us. Despite their strength, we are still there.
  • We've experimented the WoD arrival in 2015. Despite the battlegrounds disappear in Russian, German and French servers, players from these communities are still there.
  • More or less recently, we've also experimented a lot of drama stories on different forums / websites. We're still there, despite the unforeseen events, and despite the different opinions.

This is why I consider lvl20 community will keep existing as long as WoW lasts. We have a big history behind us, because we are different from normal WoW players. We don't play like them, we don't know the same problematics than them, we didn't share the same WoW-expansion changes than them and yet we keep playing together from different countries.

Passion is what makes our strength. Without passion, there wouldn't exist community, stories and involvement into this bracket.

Even if we can have different considerations about the future of our community, we have at least the advantage to be linked together and to want playing this game format together.

This is why I consider that as long as WoW will last, twink community will remain.

Users who are viewing this thread