The best place to farm the new high item level BIS epics for brackets 30-49

Anonymous

So with the last patch you will have seen many epics beginning to show up at crazy required levels (Elemental mage staff, stockade pauldrons, robes of insight, krol blade, helm of narv appearing at 38 required level to name a few). These have become the new obtainable best in slot in most cases. Lets take 40-49 for example - at 49 your heirloom item level is 54 with BG crate being 57. These new epics are typically at an item level of 60 (if 47 required) or 61 if 48 - this includes the world drop epic rings too, so you can take that over the rock now if you wish). To get these new epics you have two choices; farm the AH or farm them yourself. Farming the AH is easier because farming a mob for a world drop is extremely luck based but you are severely severely limited if you are on a dead server because of how rare the drops can be. I personally opted to do both and I am now building up a nice collection, however I am also on the busiest realm on EU so I have it easier

For those however who wish to farm the BEST place (to my knowledge, and id be very surprised if im wrong) to farm them if you wish t o do so, is in the fields of honor in burning steppes. You will see 3 very large packs of mobs all in a perfect square and another large pack behind the mountain. If you kill the mobs behind the mountain after killing the 3 large packs, the large packs immediately respawn. You can do this with a friend where someone stays on the pack of mobs behind the hill to keep them instantly respawning elsewhere. You can also do this method alone which works out just as well farming wise but a little irritating tabbing in and out to move your looter.

For the gear you want all you have to be really is 39 or 49 to get the best drops. Even then however it isnt guaranteed youll get a drop in your bracket, for instance I have looted 3 epics so far one was freezing ring level 38 but the two others were a level 43 destiny and a 43 glowing brightwood staff.

The way I do it solo is by having 2 wow accounts on my battlenet - I log on both at the same time and start a custom group and have my other character join it (unless you have two characters on diff accounts on the same server you have to do this). I stand my looter near all of the carnage and every 2 minutes I loot by tabbing out - loot - tab out again to my farmer. I must stress there is a LOT of loot and dead bodies so they will despawn with loot if you dont loot fast enough, but you can leave it a minute or two. I also highly suggest BIG bags

Hope this made sense and if anyone does have a better spot I would be delighted to hear it and then try it out.

Reactions: Sun
Two things to contemplate.
Will 40-49 become popular because of this?
How will the item squish affect these items?

Two things to contemplate.
Will 40-49 become popular because of this?
How will the item squish affect these items?

Educate me because I could be wrong but the direction they are taking with lower levels based on this new stuff gives it more of a vanilla vibe where you have to buy the best items, rather than complete specific quests, specific professions.

I also think it will make both 39s and 49s much, much more popular when it catches on. Only issue is survival damage but thats fotm and will be taken care of in the near future.

Also some of the items will be so rare i.e sash of mercy, an epic belt I have only seen once below the 50-59 region at 38, and thats after several weeks of searching different realms AH's in europe. This will mean you most likely wont make a new 39 49 unless you come across one of these rare items that make it worth your while.

Educate me because I could be wrong but the direction they are taking with lower levels based on this new stuff gives it more of a vanilla vibe where you have to buy the best items, rather than complete specific quests, specific professions.

I also think it will make both 39s and 49s much, much more popular when it catches on. Only issue is survival damage but thats fotm and will be taken care of in the near future.

Also some of the items will be so rare i.e sash of mercy, an epic belt I have only seen once below the 50-59 region at 38, and thats after several weeks of searching different realms AH's in europe. This will mean you most likely wont make a new 39 49 unless you come across one of these rare items that make it worth your while.

It is just a little too early to call anything “rare”. The patch has barely been out a month.

/cheers

So with the last patch you will have seen many epics beginning to show up at crazy required levels (Elemental mage staff, stockade pauldrons, robes of insight, krol blade, helm of narv appearing at 38 required level to name a few). These have become the new obtainable best in slot in most cases. Lets take 40-49 for example - at 49 your heirloom item level is 54 with BG crate being 57. These new epics are typically at an item level of 60 (if 47 required) or 61 if 48 - this includes the world drop epic rings too, so you can take that over the rock now if you wish). To get these new epics you have two choices; farm the AH or farm them yourself. Farming the AH is easier because farming a mob for a world drop is extremely luck based but you are severely severely limited if you are on a dead server because of how rare the drops can be. I personally opted to do both and I am now building up a nice collection, however I am also on the busiest realm on EU so I have it easier

For those however who wish to farm the BEST place (to my knowledge, and id be very surprised if im wrong) to farm them if you wish t o do so, is in the fields of honor in burning steppes. You will see 3 very large packs of mobs all in a perfect square and another large pack behind the mountain. If you kill the mobs behind the mountain after killing the 3 large packs, the large packs immediately respawn. You can do this with a friend where someone stays on the pack of mobs behind the hill to keep them instantly respawning elsewhere. You can also do this method alone which works out just as well farming wise but a little irritating tabbing in and out to move your looter.

For the gear you want all you have to be really is 39 or 49 to get the best drops. Even then however it isnt guaranteed youll get a drop in your bracket, for instance I have looted 3 epics so far one was freezing ring level 38 but the two others were a level 43 destiny and a 43 glowing brightwood staff.

The way I do it solo is by having 2 wow accounts on my battlenet - I log on both at the same time and start a custom group and have my other character join it (unless you have two characters on diff accounts on the same server you have to do this). I stand my looter near all of the carnage and every 2 minutes I loot by tabbing out - loot - tab out again to my farmer. I must stress there is a LOT of loot and dead bodies so they will despawn with loot if you dont loot fast enough, but you can leave it a minute or two. I also highly suggest BIG bags

Hope this made sense and if anyone does have a better spot I would be delighted to hear it and then try it out.

Hello, Did you notice any difference if you change the Level of your Looter do the Req ilvls change?

I've been farming lvl 40 mobs on my lvl 19 twink... and so far ive gotten greenies ranging between Req lvl 31 and req lvl 39...

Also ive found 1 blue 2h axe which was req lvl 37... Which level is your looter and which lvl greens/blues/epics do you get with him? Also which level are the mobs you are farming?

Reason of these questions is i wanna scale those epics down as far as possible!

Hello, Did you notice any difference if you change the Level of your Looter do the Req ilvls change?

I've been farming lvl 40 mobs on my lvl 19 twink... and so far ive gotten greenies ranging between Req lvl 31 and req lvl 39...

Also ive found 1 blue 2h axe which was req lvl 37... Which level is your looter and which lvl greens/blues/epics do you get with him? Also which level are the mobs you are farming?

All my research basically points to it being impossible to get epics in the 10s and 20s brackets. I am 50/50 on my belief now about any mob that drops an epic can drop ANY epic now (cloudkeeper leggings, stockade pauldrons etc in the 30's). I am also still on the unknown regarding epics like elemental mage staff being level 38/48 now too as that has always only been raid trash, so who's dropping it?

My looter is 39, I have gotten 1 38 epic (the freezing ring) and 2 43 epics - a Destiny and a Glowing Brightwood Staff. I would tell you now straight away it is pointless to farm those anymore on your 19 as the only noteworthy thing are the epics, and you can't go lower than the 30's bracket. It makes no sense and it would be awesome if fiery war axe for example could get scaled down, but its not there right now.

Also the only thing that changes when you change level is the required level. I have done my farming method on my 39 and 49 and the only difference was the req level becoming a bit higher.

I have tried farming on my 19 twink. Where are you finding mobs that drop loot for 19s. I get kills but never any loot

If something doesnt appear on the AH for a long time, I consider it rare

“Long time” is a matter of perspective my friend. When the patch has been out a year and you have only seen one or two. Then it might be construed as something as an anomaly when compared against the others. As for now, it still way too early to tell. We simply don’t have enough data. In the ensuing months hundres of thousands of people will be leveling and will be getting millions of scaled drops. Many of those scaled drops will find their way to the AH where we will be waiting.
All it takes is a little patience. Some twinks don’t happen overnight.
For instance, I have been able to pick up a 39 & 49 green tower, a couple 39 underworld bands, 39 icemail jerkin, 39 & 49 helm of narv, couple 39 & 49 lifestones, couple stonerender gauntlets, couple Wall of the Dead shields.

/cheers

Last edited:
“Long time” is a matter of perspective my friend. When the patch has been out a year and you have only seen one or two. Then it might be construed as something as an anomaly when compared against the others. As for now, it still way too early to tell. We simply don’t have enough data. In the ensuing months hundres of thousands of people will be leveling and will be getting millions of scaled drops. Many of those scaled drops will find their way to the AH where we will be waiting.
All it takes is a little patience. Some twinks don’t happen overnight.
For instance, I have been able to pick up a 39 & 49 green tower, a couple 39 underworld bands, 39 icemail jerkin, 39 & 49 helm of narv, couple 39 & 49 lifestones, couple stonerender gauntlets, couple Wall of the Dead shields.

/cheers

Can you send a screenshot of the 39 helm of narv please? Its what im farming for the most and Id like to see it

Can you send a screenshot of the 39 helm of narv please? Its what im farming for the most and Id like to see it

I would if I knew who you were.
Many items can be purchased on the AH. Some servers have them cheap. I purchased a Wall of the Dead for just 350 earlier this evening and another for 650.

/cheers

All my research basically points to it being impossible to get epics in the 10s and 20s brackets. I am 50/50 on my belief now about any mob that drops an epic can drop ANY epic now (cloudkeeper leggings, stockade pauldrons etc in the 30's). I am also still on the unknown regarding epics like elemental mage staff being level 38/48 now too as that has always only been raid trash, so who's dropping it?

My looter is 39, I have gotten 1 38 epic (the freezing ring) and 2 43 epics - a Destiny and a Glowing Brightwood Staff. I would tell you now straight away it is pointless to farm those anymore on your 19 as the only noteworthy thing are the epics, and you can't go lower than the 30's bracket. It makes no sense and it would be awesome if fiery war axe for example could get scaled down, but its not there right now.

Also the only thing that changes when you change level is the required level. I have done my farming method on my 39 and 49 and the only difference was the req level becoming a bit higher.
With ur comment on 20’s, I totally agree. There doesn’t seem to be anyway 20’s can pick up an epic drop. 20’s even have limited access to good blues that drop.
Our only hope will be the epics that drop from holiday bosses, which will be only the +5 ilvl higher epics, though epics are still epics ;)
But I wonder if we’d get access to the rest of the dungeon / raid during the holidays? That would be cool......

I would if I knew who you were.
Many items can be purchased on the AH. Some servers have them cheap. I purchased a Wall of the Dead for just 350 earlier this evening and another for 650.

/cheers
I dont mean get in touch and send me a picture, i mean send a screenshot on this thread. im not flirting with you you freak

/thankyou

Users who are viewing this thread