Tell me about 101

KainUFC

Legend
No experience or knowledge about this bracket. Didn't know it existed. Since there's no stickied bracket primer or information that I can see, can you guys help me out with some info...

- Why 101?
- How long are queue times?
- How is class balance?
- How is the gearing process?

THanks

-101 has best secondary stat potential and huge base stats. Certain classes can also quickly queue for dungeon boosts and make a good amount of gold off people willing to ding 110
-queue times are fine due to merged brackets with xpoff and on
-not great. By that I mean certain classes wreck and other classes are meh.
-pricey depending on your taste.

You're better off making a basic bitch 101 with 840 gear cus they're gonna get nerfed when BFA comes.

Last edited by a moderator:
-101 has best secondary stat potential and huge base stats. Certain classes can also quickly queue for dungeon boosts and make a good amount of gold off people willing to ding 110
-queue times are fine due to merged brackets with xpoff and on
-not great. By that I mean certain classes wreck and other classes are meh.
-pricey depending on your taste.

You're better off making a basic bitch 101 with 840 gear cus they're gonna get nerfed when BFA comes.

Is there no hope for us being overlooked by the squish? Maybe a chance it only effects 110s?

Is there no hope for us being overlooked by the squish? Maybe a chance it only effects 110s?

secondaries take a pretty big hit (oddly my mastery went up). I'd assume these stats aren't too far different than mythic HFC gear after the squish. In fact, HFC might be better to a degree due to set bonuses. We'll see in the end if it's worth keeping our 101s.

It does seem high titanforges actually are a decent investment. The wealthy of us will prob have 240-250 gear after patch hits.

http://www.wowhead.com/list=62007100/us-bleeding-hollow-creythes
http://bfa.wowhead.com/list=62007100/us-bleeding-hollow-creythes

live stats.JPG
View attachment 7001
bfa stats.JPG

http://bfa.wowhead.com/list

If anyone wants to see their char on BFA stat template. Some things might be off but this is our best look into what we can expect.

Best case scenario is that 101s become about as relatively strong as 91s currently are. In which case I'd be content.

So, I'm unclear what happens in iPvP. I know that lower level chars, 101s etc, get scaled up to 109. What happens to the gear and the stats? Especially these secondary and tertiary stats. Do they only apply outside of BGs? I hear different stories about how good or bad the BG action is.

From my experience, 101s are not fantastic in BGs, but they can hold their own. If you play your class and the BG correctly, and your team isn’t completely oblivious as to the objective, you can make a big impact on the outcome of the patch. For instance, if it’s WSG or other flag capping games, and your class has decent mobility, take it upon yourself to get the flag and move it around while your team will likely all run after EFC anyway. Personal play style is definitely a factor in 101 BGs.

But all those things like Avoidance, Leech,...a socket with gem.....none of that applies? Sorry, I've never PvPed above 99.

And world PvP, you'd be toast without scaling, even if they weren't 110.

No none of them apply. However for world PVP, bursty classes can do well against decently geared 110s depending on the class your up against.

isnt base in ipvp for 101-109 760? bargain bin 840’s arent that much of an ilevel boost. if you want to ipvp make a 109. there is also the 100 bracket where only 100’s are. some people leveling through, some dint have legion. imo we need to be talking about the next expansion and how to twink the last level under max. this point where most players have gear from one expansion, but are moving into the next is where the only real “twink” feeling is inside a battleground. the 99 bracket currently holds this spot.

But all those things like Avoidance, Leech,...a socket with gem.....none of that applies? Sorry, I've never PvPed above 99.

And world PvP, you'd be toast without scaling, even if they weren't 110.
scaling is the best part of a 101 for everything outside of bg. massive amounts of stamina on the legion BoEs are why you dont get 1 shot by 110’s though.

Users who are viewing this thread