EU [TCG PRIZE] Rogue Dueling Tournament

Level 70 Rogue VS Rogue Dueling Tournament

PRIZES
The lucky first place winner will take home one of my https://www.wowhead.com/item=49290/magic-rooster-eggs!
I can ship the physical card to you if you want, or I can scratch it myself and give you the code.
QQOxZCg.jpg

The TCG pet https://www.wowhead.com/item=79744/eye-of-the-legion will be given to a random participant.
If you sign up and show up to the event you will automatically enter the draw for the pet.

INTRO
I'm pleased to announce my dueling tournament for level 70 rogue twinks!
This event will take place on the 10th of February 2019 at 20:00 RT.
All EU level 70 rogues from all factions and servers are invited.

I hope this event will be a great success and fun for everyone involved!

TOURNAMENT INFO
The tournament will be played in double elimination format. All starting matches will be best of 3, semi- and grandfinals best of 5!
A link to the bracket will be added later, where you can view the tournament structure, find out who is playing against who and follow the tournament live once it begins.
You can also follow the progress of the tournament live in the Ante Amanthe discord once it begins: https://discord.gg/Sw7wk7K

Due to recent openworld server problems in WoW, all matches will be played in arena instances using Wargames. That means you don't have to be at a specific ingame location to participate. You just need to be online and ready to accept invites when the tournament starts. It also means we don't have to wait for cooldowns between duels!

RULES
Failing to follow the rules will get you disqualified! Please read them carefully and ask questions if you are unsure about anything.

General Rules:
  • No excessive toxic behavior - the stakes might be high but we're all here to have fun!
  • You must be a level 70 rogue
  • You have to be ready to accept invites to your matches
  • All specializations are allowed
  • All talents are allowed
  • All pvp talents are allowed
  • You are free to change specialization / talents / pvp talents as much as you want during the tournament
Match Rules:
Gear Rules:

There are many ways to sign up!
You can leave a post in this thread
You can send me a private message here on XPOFF
You can put a message in the tournaman channel of the Amanthe discord: https://discord.gg/Sw7wk7K
Or by typing a message in the Events channel of the level 70 Battle.net community: https://eu.blizzard.com/invite/olO0bHr0p

When you sign up post your Character Name, Server and Faction.

Registration closes 24 hours before the event starts.

CONFIRMED PLAYERS

Røguelolz - Outland - Horde
Prettyflackø - Draenor - Horde
Røguetrainer - Argent Dawn - Alliance
Sêrming - Stormscale - Horde
Sharkz - Argent Dawn - Alliance
Remiquexd - Stormscale - Horde
Pvegirl - Argent Dawn - Alliance
Oldgodx - Stormscale - Alliance
Linndala - Argent Dawn - Alliance
Madmadmadmad - Twisting Nether - Horde
Ráz - Ravencrest - Horde
Beatbox - Defias Brotherhood - Horde
Carenow - Sylvanas - Alliance
No - Talnivarr - Horde
Zomqt - Outland - Alliance
Supnøøb - Kazzak - Horde

Last edited:
Very exciting! Will update later with sign up as soon as I know if I can make it or not.

i also might suggest disallowing humans to use relentless
Orcs and humans are the best races for sure, but there isn't much we can do to balance them. Banning relentless would make orcs the best by far and then only horde would have access to a tier 1 race. I think that only allowing other races to use stun reduction meta gems is the best we can do.

I would 100% recommend that you use a stun reduction meta if you are not orc or human btw. It makes a big difference in the amount of damage you take in an opener.
They're not banned because they aren't very good. 1/20 chance of resisting a stun is statistically unlikely to even happen once in a duel. It can pay off of course but it's a big gamble.

Orcs and humans are the best races for sure, but there isn't much we can do to balance them. Banning relentless would make orcs the best by far and then only horde would have access to a tier 1 race. I think that only allowing other races to use stun reduction meta gems is the best we can do.

I would 100% recommend that you use a stun reduction meta if you are not orc or human btw. It makes a big difference in the amount of damage you take in an opener.

They're not banned because they aren't very good. 1/20 chance of resisting a stun is statistically unlikely to even happen once in a duel. It can pay off of course but it's a big gamble.
In a rogue duel that trinket is almost gaurenteed 100% win

@Razqt would eat all of you for lunch

In a rogue duel that trinket is almost gaurenteed 100% win
You mean relentless is almost 100% win? I don't think so. I think orc and human are pretty much on par. Let's analyze them from a rvr perspective:

Orcs and humans both get 20% stun reduction which is huge in RVR because it significantly reduces the amount of damage globals you have to tank whenever you get opened on.
Human also gets 20% reduction on all other kinds of CC. For RVR this is relevant for sap and blind, as they are used to reset stun DRs on your opponent.

If someone trinkets a stun, and they aren't already on sap DR, you can* immediately blind,sap,sap for another full stun. (Diminishing returns last for 18 seconds starting from the end of the CC - blind followed by 2 saps is 20 seconds of CC)

On a human player you can't immediately punish a trinket by doing the same blind,sap,sap sequence, because all of their CC is reduced by 20%. The first blind will be 6.4 seconds, followed by a 6.4 second sap, into a 3.2 second sap, and finally a 1.6 second sap. This sequence is barely out of range from resetting the original stun DR (by 0.4s). And more importantly; sapping 3 times on a relentless target leaves you with less than full energy which isn't great when you're about to open.

So, since in an ideal world you would only want to sap twice, playing against a human effectively forces you to wait at least 2 seconds before reacting to a trinket with your blind. Although you can get away with only waiting half a second if the opponent has already lost his cheat death.

*That sounds like a pretty big advantage right? Actually it isn't. Because there is a reason that immediately punishing a trinket with blind almost never happens in a duel:
When someone trinkets a stun they're left at global advantage. Since trinketing is off the GCD, and your opponent just spent his global stunning you, you have the initiative. This is usually always used to instantly stop the opponents pressure with a stun, blind or disarm of your own.

Additionally, humans have a 3 minute cooldown on their trinket VS orcs (and all other races) that only have 2 minutes. This rarely comes into play in RVR, but it can if one player is playing outlaw and is abusing his increased healing as well as ranged snares and stun in order to kite and elongate the duel (a very viable strat btw) or if a total reset happens due to both players getting restealths without dots.

Also humans can only trinket stuns while orcs (and other races) are free to trinket blinds as well. This also rarely comes into play because trinketing anything other than a stun is usually a dumb idea in RVR unless it literally closes out the duel.

edit: this post was a bit longer than intended, sry for wall of text

Last edited:
You mean relentless is almost 100% win? I don't think so. I think orc and human are pretty much on par. Let's analyze them from a rvr perspective:

Orcs and humans both get 20% stun reduction which is huge in RVR because it significantly reduces the amount of damage globals you have to tank whenever you get opened on.
Human also gets 20% reduction on all other kinds of CC. For RVR this is relevant for sap and blind, as they are used to reset stun DRs on your opponent.

If someone trinkets a stun, and they aren't already on sap DR, you can* immediately blind,sap,sap for another full stun. (Diminishing returns last for 18 seconds starting from the end of the CC - blind followed by 2 saps is 20 seconds of CC)

On a human player you can't immediately punish a trinket by doing the same blind,sap,sap sequence, because all of their CC is reduced by 20%. The first blind will be 6.4 seconds, followed by a 6.4 second sap, into a 3.2 second sap, and finally a 1.6 second sap. This sequence is barely out of range from resetting the original stun DR (by 0.4s). And more importantly; sapping 3 times on a relentless target leaves you with less than full energy which isn't great when you're about to open.

So, since in an ideal world you would only want to sap twice, playing against a human effectively forces you to wait at least 2 seconds before reacting to a trinket with your blind. Although you can get away with only waiting half a second if the opponent has already lost his cheat death.

*That sounds like a pretty big advantage right? Actually it isn't. Because there is a reason that immediately punishing a trinket with blind almost never happens in a duel:
When someone trinkets a stun they're left at global advantage. Since trinketing is off the GCD, and your opponent just spent his global stunning you, you have the initiative. This is usually always used to instantly stop the opponents pressure with a stun, blind or disarm of your own.

Additionally, humans have a 3 minute cooldown on their trinket VS orcs (and all other races) that only have 2 minutes. This rarely comes into play in RVR, but it can if one player is playing outlaw and is abusing his increased healing as well as ranged snares and stun in order to kite and elongate the duel (a very viable strat btw) or if a total reset happens due to both players getting restealths without dots.

Also humans can only trinket stuns while orcs (and other races) are free to trinket blinds as well. This also rarely comes into play because trinketing anything other than a stun is usually a dumb idea in RVR unless it literally closes out the duel.

edit: this post was a bit longer than intended, sry for wall of text
No no the stun resistance meta, sorry for the confusion. Not relentless or the stun reduction meta. Since it resists the stun you take no stun and it still puts your dr timers up.

No it doesn't - literally tested it today

happened to me in a duel after a full reset, I opened with a 5 cp kidney it was resisted and I cheap shot him straight after and it was dr. the same thing happened again later on in the duel. its weird for sure but I can say that both times it happened they were 100% off stun dr when I used kidney

Ok I tested it and have concluded youre correct and im a retard. apologies

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread