Talents Preview Discussion [w/ Calaculator Link]

CigNus

Bracket Tourist
Administrator
https://www.wowhead.com/dragonflight-talent-calc

Here's the link for those of you that were unaware. Hopefully they also just keep this page updated so I don't have to keep making new threads!!

Some reminders, I think they said that we will get a point per level alternating between class/spec trees so something like 6 points in the class tree and 5 points in the spec tree. possibly vice/versa.

Last edited:
oh yeah definitely but if I'm thinking about class design/identity, you could argue that UH DK should have a pet at a very early level, and balance should have moonkin form. y'know?
fer shure

just meant more like “don’t get your hopes up for specific builds this early” kind of thing

im just fully stoked that it looks like we legitimately will have enough points to build sub-specs. Thats very exciting.

Some reminders, I think they said that we will get a point per level alternating between class/spec trees so something like 6 points in the class tree and 5 points in the spec tree. possibly vice/versa.
  • Your first class tree point is awarded at level 10, and your first specialization tree point at level 11, alternating between the two from there. At level 70, you will have 31 available class points and 30 specialization points.

Its listed in the post.

Is it a bird, is it a plane? no, its a formatting error.

Last edited:
Based on the following feedback:
https://www.wowhead.com/news/death-...ll-specs-327269#talent-tree-design-philosophy
  • “Some abilities are critical to my rotation—will that mean I always have to build a certain way?”
    • No. The most basic building blocks of your rotation will tend to be either learned from levels 1-10, awarded automatically in the class tree, or placed at the top of your spec tree as a first point spent in that tree. In other cases, major abilities that we expect to be a part of most builds will be near the start of a tree, or on an easily accessible path so that they don’t constrain your other choices.
In addition to the 5spec/6class point we are hypothesizing, it is implied there will be one free/default talent point in their respective CLASS/SPEC tree. Could potentially reach row 6/7 if you choose to fully commit to a single column.

Could potentially reach row 6/7 if you choose to fully commit to a single column.
looks like there's a "must have spent X points" cutoff point in order to activate the next row so... I don't think we'll get there sadly but I see what you're saying. I think if anything this will just allow us to spread out wider into the tree to get more utility!

Iceháwk has been wandering the forests of Darkshore….. wracking his brains why he can’t recall how to summon his Spirit Beast…..
He’s hoping the incoming Dragons will jog his memory, and once again be able to summon his favoured beasts…..

Edit: I’m a little worried for Blood DK. Veteran of Third War is a fair way down the tree….. won’t be much of a tank without the extra health. I’d love to see the calculators when they r ready to see how it’s going to work.

Last edited:
I’m a little worried for Blood DK. Veteran of Third War is a fair way down the tree….. won’t be much of a tank without the extra health.

Well you can get 2/2 Veteran of the Third War for 3 points. 3 points left over for whatever.

Then on the blood tree side you can get 2/3 Blood Fortification for 5 points.

So that's +20% stamina and +20% stamina with 6% damage reduction. Is +40% stamina not enough for you?

Does it potentially mean bleed build for feral or am I reading this wrong? Rip and stealth rake? I really hope it becomes a thing. Also omen of clarity holy shit this spec can stop being meme after all

Well you can get 2/2 Veteran of the Third War for 3 points. 3 points left over for whatever.

Then on the blood tree side you can get 2/3 Blood Fortification for 5 points.

So that's +20% stamina and +20% stamina with 6% damage reduction. Is +40% stamina not enough for you?
ahh my bad. I got confused with another symbol.
I guess I was hoping some of the extra Stam would be baseline given it’s a tank spec, without it, it means u will lose some utility / offence by speccing into Stam.

This is all preliminary, yada yada.

BUT AS IS --> Guardian has a perma-50% slow, Feral has rake stun back, Rdruid gets ... a lot. a lot, a lot., and Balance gets owl form and doesn't have to think about barely missing out on solar beam because HOOT HOOT.

For DKs, the spec trees look a little underwhelming to me. There are some decent abilities there, nothing particularly gamebreaking imo. DKs seem to get a lot of passive multi-rank nodes in spec trees - outside of the major exception of perma-pet UH.

But take a look at row 4 of their class tree... We get those at level 20, based on what we currently understand.

Users who are viewing this thread