Talents Preview Discussion [w/ Calaculator Link]

Discussion in '20s (Shadowlands)' started by CigNus, Jun 3, 2022.

Share This Page

1. Goohd

Goohd born good

I'd personally go for the wildfire bomb/bloodseeker path instead of harpoon for survival

2. Ivo

Ivo Member

Iirc after brombel got nerfed, survival received a couple dmg% buffs so it's probably pretty equal at this point.

Looking at talents I see survival lost sting and turned into a zug zug melee spec(even though some still play it like this even now), BM loses some offense and MM gets disgusting. None of the utility was removed, they even added more.

And since 60% of EU horde is hunters + rogues, I don't think the bracket would be playable at all :kekD:

3. Goesid

Goesid Twink Info Legend

youd losing unfurling, dp and misery to get both of those though.

• YEP YEP x 1
  4. Sil

Sil Member

For reference of everyone scared of Kill Shot, my hunter )with only a low 5% mastery) does a tooltip Aim Shot for 851 damage and the killshot is 717. Instant cast with 10 sec cooldown. And with the talents Careful Aim that'll make the Aimed Shot do 50% more against >70% HP targets... MM hunters are going to be two shotting everyone very quickly unless something major changes :frogeW:

Edit: obviously a MM hunter with max mastery and crit gear is going to get this number MUCH higher. Any hunters want to share what your Aimed Shot tooltip number gets up to in a BG?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2022
  5. raziel83

raziel83 Member

Stun? You mean the disorientate from mind bomb? And if you got that + silence you can't get spriest's best burst abilitly (unfurling darkness).

6. Sil

Sil Member

If BM can get 20% lifesteal from mending 2x pets, that is going to be very very nice sustain in PVE. I'm also curious to hear about the exotic pet abilities because they will be super nice in PVE too! :)

7. raziel83

raziel83 Member

Ye true. Just aimed shot into kill shot. Everyone dies in 2 buttons. It's ok though, just means I can 100% focus on wotlk classic.

All MM's lose bursting shot and 2/2 careful means they lose rapid fire so it's not all bad I guess.

• F F x 2
  8. icehawk

icehawk The Beast Within

Wait….. what…… I just saw Exotic Beasts are BM baseline.
    Wow, that’s awesome if we have it at 20.
    I’d be willing to forget about Wrath if I can get Exotic Beasts.
    I used to use the Spirit Beast HoT.
    This could big. Don’t think it’s a game changer, but it gives us a lot more pet options.
    This could be promising :ez:

• EZ EZ x 1
  9. stickyo

stickyo Member

Isn’t bursting shot a pvp talent? that means it can stay, i think these previews don’t talk about pvp talents.

10. Shocking

Shocking Veteran

11. raziel83

raziel83 Member

Nah it's currently baseline at lvl 12 for MM in SL. In DF it's lvl 27 min.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 9, 2022, Original Post Date: Jul 9, 2022 ---
    So I think double pet would still work without cobra shot. You just use arcane shot instead. Sure it doesn't reduce the CD of kill command but you got 2 pets to compensate.

Yeah not only does barbed shot not say if it gives 20 focus anymore but it looks like it might only have 1 charge. 2 charges from the talent 'loaded quiver'. Losing a charge of barbed shot is a pretty big dps loss :<

• F F x 1
  12. Chey

Chey Legend

Feral loosing lunar inspiration is pretty big, especially with no slows or gap closers.

Getting Maim and Rip is nice but we don’t get the combo generation to utilize everything.

Will be ok but not great. My guess is it will stay in its current tier position.

13. Ivo

Ivo Member

You get stun on opener though.

14. Dragonstormy

Dragonstormy Member

Yea hunter is still gonna be op, surprising news. But i will probably be dumb enough to take Rapid Fire for my MM hunter instead since it's one of my favorite abilities overall. But it's cool that we can get Multi-Shot too if needed, allowing for a little Aoe Boost especially with Precise Shot.
    On the other hand we lose some survivability against melees without kick, even tho we can probably still choose explosive trap as pvp talent to compensate.

And hey, if we are able to tame exotics at BM, my pet collection can grow more ^^

15. raziel83

raziel83 Member

Yup. Stun opener + sabertooth (20% more FB dmg).

Yeah like you said, lack of uptime resulting in low CB generation means maim + rip aren't that great. Fortunately you can attack stuff at 40 yards with moonkin + starfire + starsurge + MF.

16. Sil

Sil Member

That's true, could work and I'll test it out!

I'm scared about the Barbed Shot now :(

17. Ivo

Ivo Member

Mine is so massive that I reach character limit for the post.

• Kappa Kappa x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Hennelorix

Hennelorix So complicated was the fall

Psychic is baseline ability. Nvm mb you talking about another one

• YEP YEP x 1
  19. Nutsmite

Nutsmite Member

Jesus christ assa build just made me mess my pants. Damaging abilities aside, they get even more utility skills than they have right now. Basically whole kit designed to murder someone slowly but safely

• Like Like x 1
  20. Goohd

Goohd born good

Arcane shot also ignores armor unlike cobra
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 9, 2022 ---
    Also does anyone know if Bloodseeker only applies to hunter bleeds or can it synergize with a feral using thrash in a big team fight. If so I'm premading with feral/ass rogues only as surv lmao