SWP with 5 level 70s

Aelobin

DK Twink (80 / 85 / 101)
Apparently this idea has been floating around the 70 bracket for a while so we thought we'd give it a try! It was a fun little project that took us 3 raids (about 3 hours each) and most of the bosses provided a decent challenge. Don't expect any fancy video editting, just sharing for those who may be interested :)

Kalecgos: Djonko was decked out in arcane resist gear to survive on his own outside (with help from a lightwell). Much easier with a pally tank but we wanted to keep the same class setup for all bosses.
Brutallus: Most difficult boss by far, hits very hard and fast compared to the others. We had to fine-tune our tactic for soaking Meteor Slash to minimize Burn damage and healer movement.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5r3ZMtRFMw

Felmyst: Faceroll.
Eredar Twins: Used 2 healers because of all the CC and random damage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czEbEk3kF34

M'uru: Mostly a DPS check to keep up with the adds.
Kil'jaeden: Long fight with lots of moving parts. The drakes can soak 3 Darkness of a Thousand Souls per phase (probably due to defensive stance) so we had to survive at least 1 with just cooldowns/absorbs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_Xrja5IwLc

Armory links:
- Tamako (Warrior Tank and drakes on KJ, aka Splosion)
- Djønko (Warrior Tank and DPS on Felmyst, aka Djonko)
- Lewis (Priest Healer, aka Shearmonster)
- Jiradus (Druid DPS and Healer on Brutallus/Twins, aka Zulkís)
- Aelotron (Hunter DPS, aka.. me xD)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nicely done, I should've replaced your hunter though! Did you switch between MM and Surv or were you MM on all fights?

Last edited by a moderator:
Aelo was the hunter ;) he did a bunch of sims to get the absolute highest dps gearset possible (hence haste gems) for MM, and only went survival for Mu'ru.

It's worth noting that outside of Djonko's arcane resist gemming that every raid member was going for all-out damage, including tanks (I had 52% buffed crit on Tamako), just because regen on healers and stamina on tanks was virtually pointless. Gear to a health level, then get as much damage as possible.

Tanks on Brutallus were taking as many as 6 stacks with cooldowns on some wipes (for lulz, not for actual progress beyond losing 2-3 people), so stamina really isn't necessary anymore. Interestingly enough, I was flooded with rage as a result, so ended up having the highest possible shield block uptime, with plenty of heroic strike usage too (not that heroic strike is worth it, but better than overcapping).

We likely had the best damage setup for it besides perhaps an elemental shaman, which we didn't have access to ;)

Nicely done :>
Did you try pet taunting meteor slashes on brutallus? A single hunter can literally taunt every single slash off the raid. Admittedly it sacrifices quite a bit of dps, as the hunter has to spend 35 focus and ~1,5 seconds casting revive pet every 10 seconds.

Did you switch between MM and Surv or were you MM on all fights?

I was MM for everything but M'uru where I switched to SV to help with AoE-ing the adds.

Did you try pet taunting meteor slashes on brutallus? A single hunter can literally taunt every single slash off the raid. Admittedly it sacrifices quite a bit of dps, as the hunter has to spend 35 focus and ~1,5 seconds casting revive pet every 10 seconds.

Nah, I've often had problems with pet taunts being unreliable in raids but if that's not the case in SWP then it could've worked quite well. It would require perfect timing/positioning though as the pet got 1-shot by the boss's first melee hit when we tested if it could tank xD

Nah, I've often had problems with pet taunts being unreliable in raids but if that's not the case in SWP then it could've worked quite well. It would require perfect timing/positioning though as the pet got 1-shot by the boss's first melee hit when we tested if it could tank xD
Yeah brutallus is tauntable so the pet taunt works every time. And yes your pet dies every time from the melee attacks after the meteor slash.
But if you had a really well coordinated group, you could easily taunt the boss back on the main tank after the meteor slash (as the pet takes next to no damage from the slash itself, [URL="http://www.wowhead.com/spell=65220]Avoidance[/URL] ftw lol) and that would spare you having to revive it every 10 seconds. But even without taunting the boss off the pet after the slash, you still have enough time to ress your pet and get it behind the boss for the next slash.

Another thing to add is that you can actually pet taunt the boss mid-cast on meteor slash, and it will still work. So you don't have to worry about your pet dying before the slash :>

Tbh 90% of our wipes were less concerning strat, more concerning random tank deaths due to stomp armor reduction. It's probably a viable tactic, but not one we needed. (better solution would be to bring 4 tanks 1 healer, since tank damage is fucking dumb on that boss. 3 slashes per side easily, and dps requirements met. tauntswap on sides when stomp happens, gg.)

Tbh 90% of our wipes were less concerning strat, more concerning random tank deaths due to stomp armor reduction. It's probably a viable tactic, but not one we needed. (better solution would be to bring 4 tanks 1 healer, since tank damage is fucking dumb on that boss. 3 slashes per side easily, and dps requirements met. tauntswap on sides when stomp happens, gg.)

I can see it now.. 22 Tanks, 3 Healers. Best - Sunwell - Ever.

I'm going to cut myself now, brb. <3

I can see it now.. 22 Tanks, 3 Healers. Best - Sunwell - Ever.

I'm going to cut myself now, brb. <3

Pretty sure you don't need 25 people for sunwell! :D Not to mention, if you are going to 25man sunwell, fuck it 25tanks.

As long as one of those tanks is a druid or a monk or a paladin, you already don't need any healers :p

Users who are viewing this thread