Suggestion: Store.

Mvq

2016 TC Champion
I'll be using the Q&A format for this thread.

Q: What would we sell in the Store?
A: A few examples would be Increased Allowed Size of Avatar, Name Colours, Increased Allowed Size of Signature, Exclusive Emoticons, Exclusive Themes of the Website and Additional Customization of Profile and Group(s).

Q: Will people spend money on this?
A: You could sell some stuff for real money, and some stuff for Trophy points or another virtual currency.

Q: What kinda prices would you personally purchase such services for?
A: 5-10$ each. You have to realize that people would buy these services for 2 reasons. 1: It's awesome. 2: We're supporting the community we love. You could even use the money on a Tournament similar to the Tink Cup.

@Conq @Shamatix @Chap @Hunnybuns

People love to spend money. And people want to support this site, so it's perfect.
More like you want to spend money.

Sure, I doubt you'd be the only one, but I'm sure many others, myself included, would be put off by a site using features like these, especially for money. I'm also sure users that purchase these would be shunned by some other members of the community, such as what was seen with the in game shop store helms in WoW. A donator system like TI will suffice.

More like you want to spend money.

Sure, I doubt you'd be the only one, but I'm sure many others, myself included, would be put off by a site using features like these, especially for money. I'm also sure users that purchase these would be shunned by some other members of the community, such as what was seen with the in game shop store helms in WoW. A donator system like TI will suffice.

TI had an item store with 1 item in it, which is a donation badge + purple name. You know what people said? "We want more so we can support the site."

The "items" I listed are no different than the TI donator system. So I don't understand how you can support the TI donator system, but not this.

TI had an item store with 1 item in it, which is a donation badge + purple name. You know what people said? "We want more so we can support the site."

That's a standard donation incentive seen on many forums, you're taking it over the top. What some people wanted was the option to donate more than the default, not emotes and big ass avatar pictures.

That's a standard donation incentive seen on many forums, you're taking it over the top. What some people wanted was the option to donate more than the default, not emotes and big ass avatar pictures.

A purple name and a badge is at the same level as an increased size of a profile picture, signature and exclusive emoticons. Over the top would be stuff that would affect your forum experience. These do not.

A purple name and a badge is at the same level as an increased size of a profile picture, signature and exclusive emoticons. Over the top would be stuff that would affect your forum experience. These do not.

I have to scroll more and use more mobile data if on mobile, that affects my forum experience. And it just simply won't look nice or pleasant to look at. If you want to flex your wallet continue doing so spending $1k USD on standino 19 twinks rather than trying to be more easily noticed on this forum.

I have to scroll more and use more mobile data if on mobile, that affects my forum experience. And it just simply won't look nice or pleasant to look at. If you want to flex your wallet continue doing so spending $1k USD on standino 19 tinks rather than trying to be more easily noticed on this forum.

I lol'd

TBH I'm on the side of keeping the site DLC-free.

I'm all for donating for prize-pools. But for website progression, donations haven't really proven very effective, where as donations only help keep the site running, and not gain user-base. A successful website won't need donations to be successful for too long.

I think small cosmetic things like colored names would be fine for a donor rank, but I don't support the idea of having some kind of store for lots of microtransactions.

I think small cosmetic things like colored names would be fine for a donor rank, but I don't support the idea of having some kind of store for lots of microtransactions.

How does the amount of purchasable services become a problem?

How does the amount of purchasable services become a problem?

We seem to have a different understanding of what a "purchasable service" is. I don't think getting a badge for donating is really on the same level as buying features such as bigger avatars and signatures. I can see why you would disagree, but that's my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread