Stronger twink role, healer, dps or hybrid?

drougen

Veteran
What do you guys think is the strongest twink role? Healers, DPS, or hybrids? I personally have a twink healer and even in regular battlegrounds can have 2x's the healing as the next highest player and feel like our team loses. Perhaps I'm not that great of a healer.

I feel like I'm much more effective as a DPS.

In 119 I can get up to almost 1500k in a round of damage.

Last edited:
Id say they are all up to the player
Some are just better being a healer, some just pick schism on a disc priest

What do you guys think is the strongest twink role? Healers, DPS, or hybrids? I personally have a twink healer and even in regular battlegrounds can have 2x's the healing as the next highest player and feel like our team loses. Perhaps I'm not that great of a healer.

I feel like I'm much more effective as a DPS.

Which bracket? Certain brackets require healers to have a chance at say bringing a flag across, or assaulting bases. Other brackets a complete team of dps can get it done. One thing you should know is blizz keeps it pretty even when matchmaking random bgs, and will keep the healers and dps pretty even. So if you do happen to find a heal class that can do good dps like say mist monk, that might be that edge your looking for.

can have 2x's the healing as the next highest player and feel like our team loses.

Most people aren't worth healing, you're effectively better off doing DPS instead. Speaking of current, typical components.

I've never been a healer tho, not my cup of tea... just know from experience that most random teammates are worthless.

edit- i'll always take some undergeared scrub that tries to be objective over any superhero ignoring them.

I would have to disagree and say hybrid by a landslide. I play druid at 29/49/59, mostly resto, sometimes boomy and always on top of dmg, and top heals 70% of the time. Hybrids just have the complete toolkit and don't really need to rely on heals or dps to secure their kills. Whereas a class like fury warrior could no doubt but out more damage then I could, but is he going to consistently come out on top of that 1v2,3,4 levelers, and then take out the first to res without heals? I don't think so.

When it comes to self reliance, hybrid is king.

Really depends on the level range, but overall I'd say hybrids. Hybrids cant dispel magic effects, however, they all can cure either poison/disease/curse/enrage. They also generally have better utility spells than pure DPS, while being capable of throwing out off heals.

But if you look at say, a mage, they can dispel a hex on an ally, or spell steal buffs from their enemy, and have better crowd control than hybrids. Its all really just a trade off, where nobody has the best of both worlds, it just comes down to the player.
Its not often I seen a hybrid off healing or performing the "hybrid" role correctly, and its not often I see a pure DPS controlling team fights either. (I use the controlling example because lets face it, lock/mage/rogue/hunter have pretty powerful CC compared to hybrids)

But if you manage to play said role(s) correctly, the results are very evident and a true asset.

I would have to disagree and say hybrid by a landslide. I play druid at 29/49/59, mostly resto, sometimes boomy and always on top of dmg, and top heals 70% of the time. Hybrids just have the complete toolkit and don't really need to rely on heals or dps to secure their kills. Whereas a class like fury warrior could no doubt but out more damage then I could, but is he going to consistently come out on top of that 1v2,3,4 levelers, and then take out the first to res without heals? I don't think so.

When it comes to self reliance, hybrid is king.
I find boomies do more damage than pretty much any class outside of spriests at like 119 twinking where they just dot everyone up and void erupt. Boomies definitely can out DPS a warrior in 29, warriors just have such insane killing power in that bracket it seems crazy.

What i love about hybrids is the balance blizzard have achieved by making them not amazing dps and not amazing healing, because thats the role of pure dps/heal class. You have to make a choice, do I pick one? or the other? or the middle mediocre at both route, its a sacred pillar in design that makes class selection actually require commitment and sacrifice. I mean imagine if this pillar in thew foundation of class design eroded? Youd see bgs full of damn druids? What an absurd thought #Blizzardstillgreat

What i love about hybrids is the balance blizzard have achieved by making them not amazing dps and not amazing healing, because thats the role of pure dps/heal class. You have to make a choice, do I pick one? or the other? or the middle mediocre at both route, its a sacred pillar in design that makes class selection actually require commitment and sacrifice. I mean imagine if this pillar in thew foundation of class design eroded? Youd see bgs full of damn druids? What an absurd thought #Blizzardstillgreat
Maybe for other hybrids, but right now balance is just insane. I'd say they're WAY higher on the DPS end and lower on the healing end though, honestly.

If you play them as a DPS you can top charts without even trying. Healing though you'd have to really try.

119 I'm in with a 5 man pre-made, even then the highest was 578k damage. I got 1421k

Users who are viewing this thread