Stream Integration

Shamatix

Stream Integration
This is a small "guide" on some of the "Stream" tabs functions, as to how you can add your stream, view multiple streams and sort streams by games. First of all I want to let you all know this addon allows more services than just twitch.tv, below you are able to find a list of supported stream services we are able to support:

Beam.Pro
CyberGame.tv
Dailymotion
GoodGame
Hitbox.tv
Livestream
Twitch.tv
Ustream.tv
YouTube

orQ3ENH.png

• Live Streams
    The live streams tab will show you all the people that is currently streaming, approved channels and games as well as unapproved channels and games. So this is the tab you want to check out if you are curios as to who is currently streaming.
    KtVX3RM.png
  • Multiview
    If we click on the multiview tab and take a closer look you will fast understand what this function is for. But for the people that is a little bit slower let me give you an example, let's say there is a tournament going and there is a streamer from both teams, you want to view both perspectives at the same time, but you dont really want to sit and click between your browser tabs all the time, this is where this feature becomes handy.
    1m7WsJd.png
    If we now try pick the 4th block with 4 squares on you will see 4 squares with numbers on, click on one of em and you are able to add either a stream or a stream chat, let me give you an example:
    zxE5T7d.png
    Please not that it asks for the channel name, not channel link so if I wanted to add Hunnybuns in one of the blocks I would have to type Hunnybuns not Twitch.tv/Hunnybuns.
    If you would like more streams you can either choose another layout or press the "Add Multiview block" button at the top right corner, so this makes you able to follow multiple streams and chats at the same time.
  • Channels
    The channels tab serves no real big purpose other than giving you a view of which channels has been added to the website so you are able to see if you are on the list your self.
  • Games
    Games allows you to sort streams by what they are currently playing, this also allows the moderators to filter which streams we want shown on the front page, so lets say we have featured a channel to show up on the front page, this channel suddently doesnt play world of warcraft anylonger but league of legends, we do not want that to show up on the front page and we are able to sort it this way.
  • Submit Channel
    Submit channel says it self, when you press this button you are able to submit a channel you find interresting for the website, after submitting a channel you will have to wait for a moderator to approve the channel so we do not end up with a ton of irrelevant channels.
  • Last Stream Scrape
    We have a timer going 24/7 that scrapes the list for streams every 10 minutes, so lets say you have just fired up your stream and you are wondering as of why you arent showing up on the front page immediatly, well thats why, it can take up to 10 minutes before your stream shows up.

If you have any further questions regarding how the stream integration works feel free to leave questions in the comment section below.

Best regards,
XPOff

Last edited by a moderator:
When I try to submit my channel for YouTube livestreaming this message pops up;
ytgE75B.png

Is only TwitchV currently supported in the livestreaming section?

Last edited:
I did some research on the Youtube thing, and found this
  • Added support for YOUTUBE! Unfortunately, the new version of their API requires a server application API Key. These keys are FREE, but are not included in XenRio; you must get your own from here. As be informed that the YouTube API does not expose how many people are actually watching a live stream; so it will always say "0" or "???".

Here's the youtube/google API linked from the above article; Obtaining authorization credentials

Had some apache errors, which hopefully has been fixed now, I was able to add the API key this time so would love if you could test and see if it works:)
No errors when I submitted my YT channel link - so it probably works. Won't be able to turn on my stream to test until later though (5pm CET at the earliest)

No errors when I submitted my YT channel link - so it probably works. Won't be able to turn on my stream to test until later though (5pm CET at the earliest)
Good good:)

Keep in mind as i wrote, takes time for it to show up, not instantly, depends on when the last scrape was

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread