[Stratholme Lily] useless?

Inveja

Medivh
I don't know about other levels or brackets and their stat scaling but I have found that in the 49 bracket [Stratholme Lily] doesn't do anything. This may be old news.... I am not sure. I have not played much this expansion.

Here are a few screenshots of what I am talking about. ALL THE STATS ARE THE SAME IN ALL 3 screenshots with and without the [Stratholme Lily]....

image.jpg

WITH ITEM LVL 70 LILLY OFFHAND AND ITEM LVL 59 WARFORGED LEGION INVASION MACE

image.jpg

WITH ITEM LVL 54 BOA OFFHAND AND ITEM LVL 59 WARFORGED LEGION INVASION MACE

image.jpg

WITH ITEM LVL 59 WARFORGED LEGION INVASION POLEARM

I have actually made the polearm my main pvp weapon for this resto druid due to its higher damage in cat form. Let me know what you think.

You would need a bit more itemlevels than that to see a stat gain unless you were on a threshold.

Nah man that lilly is worthless or at best it only registers as the same item lvl as the BoA at any given lvl. It is starting to make me wonder about the other slots too. Here is the proof...

LVL 19 DISC PRIEST WITH NOTHING ON BUT THE ITEM LVL 70 LILLY
image.jpg

LVL 19 DISC PRIEST WITH NOTHING ON BUT THE BoA OFF HAND ITEM LVL 24
image.jpg

YOU'RE WELCOME!

Try putting a very low level OH on your 49 and then the Lily.

Testing as naked, you are losing out on all your slots/stats and you can't check that way.

Likely the 11 ilvl difference isn't enough to change your average ilvl enough for a stat increase. Keep in mind you're looking at fractions of 1%.

Get the addon DejaCharacterStats.
You get a 0.1% increase in stats every time you increase your average item level 1 above the threshold.
You can edit the Addon to show 4 decimal places to see fractional changes. That's default Blizzard rounding. Open DCSDecimals and everytime you see format("%.2f%%" change it to format("%.4f%%"
You can also stop your item level from rounding by removing these 2 lines in DCSItemLevel:
Wu5HZfm.png

GL HF

Just for my own sanity... it is giving an increase.

66RSArl.png

40.31-37.50=2.81 item level increase. No idea if it uses %'s of item level, lets round it up to 3.

((0.1% every increase / 100) *3) +1 =1.003 is your stat increaser

Stamina
253*1.003 = 253.759 or 254

Intellect
190*1.003 = 190.57 or 191

Something like that...

Last edited:
Just for my own sanity... it is giving an increase.

40.31-37.50=2.81 item level increase. No idea if it uses %'s of item level, lets round it up to 3.

((0.1% every increase / 100) *3) +1 =1.003 is your stat increaser

Stamina
253*1.003 = 253.759 or 254

Intellect
190*1.003 = 190.57 or 191

Something like that...

Hmm yeah I don't buy that. I don't trust that addon over the default stat plate. I'd assume that that addon just reads the item LvL of your gear and calculates stats in theory rather than what it actually is. For example... it is already known that the [Mist-Piercing Goggles] are not as good as the boa helm but I bet that addon doesn't reflect that.

If what you say is correct "+1 =1.003 is your stat increaser" then shouldn't the HP bar move? HP is a pretty small interval. The default HP bar would reflect more HP due to the "+1" stamina. It has been many years since I have counted stats but back in BC +1 stamina was +10 hp. I have no idea the HP worth of 1 stamina today but I'd assume it's not much different... +1 stamina is possibly worth more nowadays at these lower levels. If the default health bar isn't showing more HP then you are not getting more HP in spite of whatever the 3rd party addon says.

When I did the math myself I came up with far less than "+1".

Here is your math "((0.1% every increase / 100) *3) +1 =1.003 is your stat increaser"

Shouldn't the .3% be of the baseline states of a character with a 0 item lvl in BG?
A 19 priest in BG with 0 item lvl only has a base stamina of 33. So +.3% of 33 right?

Last edited:
I don't trust that addon over the default stat plate. I'd assume that that addon just reads the item LvL of your gear and calculates stats in theory rather than what it actually is.
It pulls from the Blizzard API
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/API_GetAverageItemLevel
Which gives equipped item level and total item level (things in bags also)

For example... it is already known that the [Mist-Piercing Goggles] are not as good as the boa helm but I bet that addon doesn't reflect that.
It will show an item level increase as it does increase your item level. I believe you get a 5% increase for having your correct armor type, which you would not benefit from here. Which would show an overall decrease.

If what you say is correct "+1 =1.003 is your stat increaser" then shouldn't the HP bar move?
It did

Shouldn't the .3% be of the baseline states of a character with a 0 item lvl in BG?
Don't mess around without gear, its just going to to get confusing. You get a huge jump just for have something in the slot. Even if it's a gray, you get the entire baseline stat template for that slot.
It's like this, lets say you play 19s your base item level is 24. This is not to say you actually get an item level of 24 but so long as you have something in the slot Blizzard will calculate your stat template based on the bracket threshold (24). This is to help new 110s with almost no gear stay on par with full tier people. You can't have lower stats then the base. Every item level above that will give you a 0.1% increase. If you don't have a piece of gear in a slot you get 0 stats for that slot, which is huge.
For your priest 0.3% is a percentage, you need to convert it to decimal to multiply.

0.1% /100 =.0001 *3 (for the 3 item levels) +1 (for your original stats) =1.003

1.003 * 30 = 30.09 and probably won't round.

The HP bar doesn't move on the default interface. Not on my 19 or 49 anyway. If the HP doesn't change on the default interface bar then it doesn't at all in my opinion.

Jesus....

You CANNOT test shit without gear on.

If the average does not increase enough for a stat change, then nothing will change.

Like I said. Try using a level 10 OH on your 49, and then switch to the ilvl 70 Lily. You'll see a difference, even on your beloved default interface.

Jesus....

You CANNOT test shit without gear on.

If the average does not increase enough for a stat change, then nothing will change.

Like I said. Try using a level 10 OH on your 49, and then switch to the ilvl 70 Lily. You'll see a difference, even on your beloved default interface.
I've tested it with gear on... I just didn't take screen shots of that. How do you think I noticed this in the first place? Running around naked in BG or something? Keep your pants on kid.

I'm thinking that the lilly just scales to the boa ilvl. Considering that if you take off just one of the rock rings and replace it with a boa ring you'll see a stat difference but if you replace the lilly with a boa nothing changes. The rock is only IL 60 vs IL 70 on the lilly. I'm not sure that's just a theory of mine. But what is clear to me is that the lilly is giving me no stat changes vs the boa.

Another way to test this would be to find a normal offhand that's higher IL than a boa and see if that does anything.

People give you correct answers but you still feel like they are incorrect wtf are you doing

I've tested it with gear on... I just didn't take screen shots of that. How do you think I noticed this in the first place? Running around naked in BG or something? Keep your pants on kid.

Clearly you don't understand how testing works after you've been given suggestions and been given A LOT of help with your understanding.

Here. I turned off my addons, because you have some sort of issue with them and swapped my shield for the Stratholme Lily. You'll see I gained 1 stamina, because math.

xtiAIYt.jpg

People give you correct answers but you still feel like they are incorrect wtf are you doing
Yeah it's true. I think they're incorrect. I see no proof on my own characters. Maybe if someone could show me a hp difference on default interface between the boa offhand and one of the highest il items twinks can obtain I'll believe them. It should at least move the hp bar on a 19 twink in bg over the boa considering the 46 item lvl difference in that slot. Like I said before.... If you just swap out 1 of the rock rings with a boa ring you'll see an HP change but not with the lilly.

If the ilvl template is 54 and the lily is ilvl 70, thats a difference of 16 points in 1 slot. That may get you 1 more average ilvl, which is barely any stat gains (we're talking decimal values here).

That's my theory on this situation anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread