Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza - Bugged

FiveSpice

Legend
Hi All

I raised a ticket about Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza, which may have been the wrong thing to do, but here is the answer I received anyway:

"First of all, I would like to welcome you back to Azeroth ^^

I was looking into your issue and I am sorry to know you came back to World of Warcraft and found out the Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza was bugged as you could not find any Tastyfish in the pools.

I did some investigation on this matter and it seems other players reported similar situations, however as much as I would like to help, this is something we cannot verify in our logs and because of that, I will need to ask you to create a bug report in game (Press Esc -> help menu -> report a bug" and write down the situation.

This will send a report to our investigation teams to check the bug and report it back to the develoeprs so that they can create a fix for the situation.

Thank you for your patience and understanding on this matter, we apologize for the inconvenience that it has caused you.

Hopefully this will be fixed fast so you can finally complete the Fishing Extravaganza :D

Best wishes on your journey"

Perhaps if we create Bug Reports we will be able to get Hook of the Master Angler etc. again soon.

It's been on/off bugged for months now. Blizz knows, but I don't think they care that much to be honest.

They'll fix it eventually. Just a matter of when. As you said, they just don't care much. The game's being run by people who play casually, and probably play other games even more.

They'll fix it eventually. Just a matter of when. As you said, they just don't care much. The game's being run by people who play casually, and probably play other games even more.

If anyone thinks a $4+ billion corp like Acti "doesn't care" and are just letting scrubs run their biggest title and fcuking it up at random, then they're naive.

Bugs tend to slow you down or make you wait to finish what you were trying to do. Just like all the other crap they did in Legion - RNG, AP grind, rep grinds, time gates, etc. If they don't care it's b/c they know it'll drag out your sub time.

Remember, they don't report earnings based on sub numbers anymore, it's based on amount of time-in-game/time subbed.

$cha-ching$

Reactions: Vor
If anyone thinks a $4+ billion corp like Acti "doesn't care" and are just letting scrubs run their biggest title and fcuking it up at random, then they're naive.

Bugs tend to slow you down or make you wait to finish what you were trying to do. Just like all the other crap they did in Legion - RNG, AP grind, rep grinds, time gates, etc. If they don't care it's b/c they know it'll drag out your sub time.

Remember, they don't report earnings based on sub numbers anymore, it's based on amount of time-in-game/time subbed.

$cha-ching$
WoW isn't their biggest Title nor has it been for a while. Over it's life Starcraft has actually made them more money and currently Overwatch is their #1 top dog. There have been KNOWN Bugs in WoW since Vanilla that haven't been fixed, are you really going to sit there and say with a straight face that they care so much when shit is still broken nearly 12 years on?

WoW is basically on farm at this point (from Blizzard's perspective). They could just keep doing minor Content Patches and keep the lights on for the next decade and have it still be profitable, but that doesn't in any way mean it's their main focus anymore.

WoW has been and is obv huge for Blizz, whether it's making the actual top dollar atm or not. But that's no excuse. One could argue that after 12 years they should have minimal bugs with all of the data and XP they've had with it...certainly not every patch coming with exponentially more bugs and noobish fcuk ups.

By saying it's on farm now you're saying that all they care about is dragging out sub times and maxing profits, while not giving a rat's ass about their customers.

They have a virtual monopoly on the MMORPG genre and still enough addicts to keep it going for a long time. I'm saying that's why they do this - because they can and get away with it.

Last edited:
WoW isn't their biggest Title nor has it been for a while. Over it's life Starcraft has actually made them more money and currently Overwatch is their #1 top dog. There have been KNOWN Bugs in WoW since Vanilla that haven't been fixed, are you really going to sit there and say with a straight face that they care so much when shit is still broken nearly 12 years on?

WoW is basically on farm at this point (from Blizzard's perspective). They could just keep doing minor Content Patches and keep the lights on for the next decade and have it still be profitable, but that doesn't in any way mean it's their main focus anymore.
Its bullshit. They want to charge people $15 which is unheard of in any other game, and add on another 40 every couple of years just to play new content. They have no right to ignore the bugs

Its bullshit. They want to charge people $15 which is unheard of in any other game, and add on another 40 every couple of years just to play new content. They have no right to ignore the bugs

That's much of the point I was making. There's no excuse for Acti/Blizz. They get away with it b/c of their monopoly on the genre and their legion of moronic fanboys that keep paying subs and buying services from Blizz Shop. Any other game would have to get their shit together or lose a lot of market share.

@Walrusbreath I think they have long-passed any sort of reasoning or forgiveness for the negligence they pay to their fanbase and flaws in the game.

I understand that once this is (by chance) fixed, we'll all forget about this inconvenience. The mind tends to want to shorten bad memories and lengthen good memories. But in real time, these flaws present themselves as a very stretched-out ordeal.

The reason people continue to play the game is that it's pros (arguably) still outweigh its cons. And people are just waiting for things to get better.

So yeah, it's Blizzard-Activision's fault for sure. Especially when you have other successful game companies that decided to listen to their fans for a change.

The reason people continue to play the game is that it's pros (arguably) still outweigh its cons. And people are just waiting for things to get better.

Agreed. But that's half the problem - Blizz is good at convincing people "we're looking into it!" or "it'll be hotfixed...Soon™", and GMs in ticket responses saying "I'll pass this along to the devs and..." IOW, right into the Trash folder. kek

A Red Herring. (Sorry - bad pun.)

I logged in on Sunday (Level 20 Vet un-subbed) just to see if anything had changed. It seems I have been massively mistaken.

The Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza was running and I hooked out a Speckled Tastyfish from a Mixed Ocean School eventually.

About 15 minutes after the competition started three winners were announced (I don't remember the exact words but it has recently changed) and from that point on, no more Speckled Tastyfish.

So it seems that when I reported the event was bugged, in fact it was and is probably working as it should.

(Obviously I didn't get a top three place, so I can't comment on bugs overall.)

It was probably not working as intended when (until a few weeks ago) we were all able to fish for about 20 minutes on every alt and "win" a prize for each one for the two hours of the tournament.

I currently have about 8 alts each with two Hook of the Master Anglers equipped. For any other, back to engineering whilst subbed it seems for Gnomish Net-o-Matic Projector.

I can confirm that after the competition has been won Mixed Ocean School will still yield Dezian Queenfish etc.

Sorry for the confusion.

A Red Herring. (Sorry - bad pun.)

I logged in on Sunday (Level 20 Vet un-subbed) just to see if anything had changed. It seems I have been massively mistaken.

The Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza was running and I hooked out a Speckled Tastyfish from a Mixed Ocean School eventually.

About 15 minutes after the competition started three winners were announced (I don't remember the exact words but it has recently changed) and from that point on, no more Speckled Tastyfish.

So it seems that when I reported the event was bugged, in fact it was and is probably working as it should.

(Obviously I didn't get a top three place, so I can't comment on bugs overall.)

It was probably not working as intended when (until a few weeks ago) we were all able to fish for about 20 minutes on every alt and "win" a prize for each one for the two hours of the tournament.

I currently have about 8 alts each with two Hook of the Master Anglers equipped. For any other, back to engineering whilst subbed it seems for Gnomish Net-o-Matic Projector.

I can confirm that after the competition has been won Mixed Ocean School will still yield Dezian Queenfish etc.

Sorry for the confusion.
Thanks for the update. But I'm fairly certain when 7.1.5 went live the tournament was supposed to work as a quest for the full 2 hours or first 50 prizes. That was in the patch notes. I think they've put it back but as the old pre-7.1.5 tournament (well when it used to work anyhow) I can't see how it's gone from the 2 hour (50 winners ) quest to the old 3 winner system?

In my view, Blizzard still need to fix it, unless of course they have put out some hot-fix update that it's no longer going to operate as a quest! :eek:

Edit : Sorry is was 7.1.5 the patch it became a quest for the first 50 people. Now corrected above.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread