EU+US Strange transmog bug grandfatherer

Kórnikus20

Royal Member
Hi guys, sorry for write this now, but some months ago, something strange happened to me. I am now not 100% sure how I did it to make this happen, but I will tell you the best I remember:

I was farming a leather ilvl50-60 transmog with my plate warrior for my lvl 20 druid (when you make a vanilla quest, all rewards are added to each cloth-leather-mail-plate transmog closets)

I went to make this quest because supposedly (was shown like that in wowhead) it would add the armor I wanted to my lvl 20 druid closet and I would be able to transmog it with the druid. But when I changed to the druid, I found something strange.
This armor was not able to be transmogged, but another one had appear (this new armor was shown in wowhead as a no longer obtainable armor). Is important to say that this armor had the same name of the other one that appeared in wowhead.

Finally, I wanted the other armor of my transmog set, so I needed to lvl up another druid (another leather character would also be ok) to make the quest again and then be able to get the correct piece of transmog.

So, ¿maybe we can get special no longer obtainable items by making quest with different gear type sometimes? ¿Or it was just a name bug? Obviously its strange that they remove a item, and then create another one with the same name (but I remember 2 chest pieces that had the same name after being deleted)

I will try to give you tonight the name of the quest and the items, and we should investigate this strange transmog bug.

¿Someone has had any issue like that?

Last edited:
Plate-wearing classes will get plate rewards added to the wardrobe,
mail-wearing classes will get mail rewards added to the wardrobe,
leather-wearing classes will get leather rewards added to the wardrobe,
cloth-wearing classes will get cloth rewards added to the wardrobe.

Plate-wearing classes will only see plate armor-types in the wardrobe,
mail-wearing classes will only see mail armor-types in the wardrobe,
leather-wearing classes will only see leather armor-types in the wardrobe,
cloth-wearing classes will only see cloth armor-types in the wardrobe.

So the thing you experienced is not a bug. It's working as intended.

Regarding the "unobtainable" items, wowhead sometimes make mistakes. For instance, it says that Deftkin Belt is no longer obtainable, when it 100% is. It's just that the quest-chain has changed slightly from the old, original quest-chain (the NPC was moved to a different location), causing an error on wowhead's side, making it believe that it's an unobtainable item.

So if anything, it's a mistake/bug/error on wowhead's side, and not in the game itself.

Users who are viewing this thread