, , ,

Debating whether I should level up this warrior or not. Look at this bugged item =D

Attachments

• ilvl130.png
    ilvl130.png
    518.1 KB · Views: 851
Just open 4 of my 49s exp and got to lvl60.. Remember so much effort to farm their BIS gears during 2 yrs of anniversary events.. Which are completely junks now.. So made use of the 18% anniversary boost plus the pre expansion grind.. It felt like it took only an hour to get from 49 to 60.. One surprising find, while I was buying the ilvl252 gears from the vendor, they actually proc sockets and tertiary.. lolololol

Yeah, things changed alot but a 60 is just another 60 while a 45 twink is a force of nature. I wonder how many people from this list are still playing their twinks.

https://xpoff.com/threads/110-list-of-the-higher-ilvl.89634/
lololol .. i did that because i have so many toons in the 40 bracket still .. but my end game toons are significantly reduced over the years .. i have some missing end game profession .. thats why filling up the profession gap .. to break up bis toon also help me change my mindset that they can last forever .. truth is, they cant .. so if i am ever gonna make BIS toon, i will make sure i play them, instead of just letting them rot there for years .. not going to make endless number of BIS toons again

thinking back .. those days and nights farming these gears from anniversary .. its like wasting a month of your life for nothing

Well agree with you, personally I gave up, and am doing something else now.

To answer the OP, I am still following the 45 branch with interest. And I've seen profiles that have managed to reach ilvl 144 since update 10. Which is still the old maximum level of BfA !
So I guess the 45 currently could be interesting.

That said, they've already made several nerfs in the meantime.
I was leveling my 45 yesterday with the invasion or whatever and the gear that drops is like ilvl 80. How big would the difference be if you were ilvl 144 in dungeons and pvp?

Gear should go up 3 ilvl per level in dungeons now, so you can pick a "hotspot" with little regard to raids...

I'd have to go check but I dont know if there's actually any raids that drop better gear than dungeons now, TBH.

At appropriate level. Ignoring sockets and such, mainly speaking of warforged epic WoD dungeon drops. Raids could be easier to get drops than grinding WoD, lol. Kind of curious now, looking to make a dungeon solo toon to use in chromie time.

Not sure if 10/20/whatever is best level anymore cuz talents are limited.

edit- cool trinkets and stuff would be the exception, of course.

Ok, so at 30 ICC heroic 25 drops 115 lvl loot, just like WoD dungeon warforges... but they have tons of sockets so it's better.

Not sure how it progresses up into the 40's but I guess you'd have to find a raid you like and just stop there? Every level above may be 3 ilvl higher loot you can get from WoD, grinding it out for warforges. Way easier to eat raid lockouts to me.

Unless BoA tokens and stuff are better, that would be cool.

Last edited:
Well agree with you, personally I gave up, and am doing something else now.

To answer the OP, I am still following the 45 branch with interest. And I've seen profiles that have managed to reach ilvl 144 since update 10. Which is still the old maximum level of BfA !
So I guess the 45 currently could be interesting.

That said, they've already made several nerfs in the meantime.

yup .. some of the epic lvl45 gears exceed ilvl160 .. but i wonder if they come with sockets

Hello, are people around still playing their 45 twinks? (old 110 Legion twinks) Because they currently seem to be a nice spot with high gear ilevel, most of the talent abilities, etc.

Still playing - new expansion looks really promising. Antorus loot is 163 now which gives a huge stat budget, plus socketed gear from TBC, HoA and Azertie gear (gotta refarm it from dungeons). Also all enchanted gear still enchanted after scaled up to 136 and 163 (for epics) which is nice grandfathering right there.

My best char is probably Lock but there is also War up there. Mage, Pala, Hunt and Rog are currently collecting dust - they are way too tanlent point hungry.

Might later try to make speed DH for good old times.

Yeah, we're in a good spot right now for pve reasons (but not even 20s get good pvp nowadays) and unexpectedly, we can do some stuff in Dragonflight too.

And the grandfathered gear is nice too.

20-s might struggle with talent points a bit a lot of useful stuff are locked in second level of talent tree. It's also quite class dependent some have their juicy stuff earlier then others. I suspect that in World PvP 45-s and 50-s will be the way to go 45-s have more secondaries and Grandfathered enchants, 50-s have Essences and legendary cloak.

Yesterday my warrior got 163 shield and with certain buff armor jumped from 50% something to 75% and that is only with weapon and shield at 163.

From one of the WoD dungeons lucky warforged purple "Ogre Dinner Plate".

https://www.wowhead.com/item=110044/ogre-dinner-plate?bonus=8810

There is a few weapons that guaranteed purple in classic dungeons. Dragon's Call from Sunken Temple is the only one that Dh can you, thou.
just got this on my 45, to test your theory.
upload_2022-12-1_10-41-36.png

This is from combining the two swords that drop off of bosses in Zul'Farrak, took about 5 runs to get both of them, 30 minutes.

So now there can be 163 from vanilla dungeons, from wod dungeons and antorus. The circle is complete.

I collaborated with the author of the from previous page - we managed to down a few world bosses (Supreme Lord Kazzak from WoD, Greater Invasion Point form Legion, Doomwalker form BC). In dungeon journal they have 200+ loot listed when in Chromie Time but so far all the loot was not scaled so it seems like just bug of the journal.

It seems like Blizz scaled loot table only for dungeons, rares (not all of them) and some basic quests and then independently scaled Dungeon Journal.

If u wanna gear a lvl 45 now let someone run you throu antorus. U get 163 gear there. But yee The stamina trinkets in there dosent work u dont get The stamina from it tobad but the other trinkets work. Been thinking to get a Guardian druid up to 45 and run it and hope to be really Nice as 45 then

If u wanna gear a lvl 45 now let someone run you throu antorus. U get 163 gear there. But yee The stamina trinkets in there dosent work u dont get The stamina from it tobad but the other trinkets work. Been thinking to get a Guardian druid up to 45 and run it and hope to be really Nice as 45 then

Check out WoD Raids for stam trinkets there is a couple that gives quite a bit, Plus some secondary stats.

Check out WoD Raids for stam trinkets there is a couple that gives quite a bit, Plus some secondary stats.
Okay good to know was thinking on make a lvl 45 Guardian druid but so far im only lvl 16 on it so im far far from done hehe i Wonder how much a good geared Guardian druid can have in 45 now
[doublepost=1670328744,1670318302][/doublepost]Anyone know how much HP a lvl 45 twink tank can have now?
[doublepost=1670330883][/doublepost]Do u guys know IF its possi le to get The heart of azeroth neck at lvl 40?? If so. Eone get you a azerite armor pize?

Been going back in between my 40 and 45 to gear and do garrison quest. On my 40, garrison follower mission, raid chest, drop ilvl 130 gear which is max as far as I know. I also got a few epic upgrades on dungeon quest turn-ins on my 45 that were ilvl 163.

If you don't know already for high level twinks just run dungeon quests in normal time, then hearth back to SW, change to chromie time and turn the quest in for max level reward. Since the quest givers are usually right at the beginning of the dungeon you don't have to fight anything to turn them in. It really saves a lot of time, no dying or looking for groups.

Lovebait level 40 Prot Pally
Lowbow level 45 Beast Hunter

Last edited:
Been going back in between my 40 and 45 to gear and do garrison quest. On my 40, garrison follower mission, raid chest, drop ilvl 130 gear which is max as far as I know. I also got a few epic upgrades on dungeon quest turn-ins on my 45 that were ilvl 163.

If you don't know already for high level twinks just run dungeon quests in normal time, then hearth back to SW, change to chromie time and turn the quest in for max level reward. Since the quest givers are usually right at the beginning of the dungeon you don't have to fight anything to turn them in. It really saves a lot of time, no dying or looking for groups.

Lovebait level 40 Prot Pally
Lowbow level 45 Beast Hunter

For 40 the best gear in Hellfire Citadel 138 I think. Someone with higher level alt can clear if for you then trade the loot.

Users who are viewing this thread