Status Update on Lower-level Scaling in Legion.

"Can we get any confirmation how it trickles down to lower level PvP? Still static 0.1%?"

"Low levels are currently set to the same scaling values as level 110. The baseline item level is different for each bracket. It is approximately the ilevel of an heirloom item at the max level for each bracket."

Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743024723#10

This is just reinforcing what many of us expect(ed) will/would happen. Blizzard seemed to have gone dormant about the topic until now.

Last edited:
I was just about to ask about that post. Does this mean each bracket will have a baseline item level close to what an heirloom's item level would be at the top of the bracket, and the bonus applies only to how much the average item level exceeds the baseline?

Also, @Conq, I made a post back on TI that had all the gear with highest available item levels per slot, within a thread that talked about Korkron transmog gear having an astronomically high item level. May I trouble you to restore that thread (or send me a copy of the post)? I think that'll help a lot of people come Legion.

Special thanks to @Chap for finding and sending the post! Here it is....

===================

As a followup, I did some research on WoWhead, and cross-referenced it with what I could find on TI about available gear (as some gear never made it out of previous betas, but is still listed on WoWhead). Note that a lot of what I found is white gear for sale by vendors, and features higher item levels. Here are slots and their associated item levels (in parenthesis), potentially attainable at level 1, and useful up through at least level 39:

Head: (100) Any headpiece sold by Griftah (rogue only), and (90) Mist-Piercing Goggles
Neck: (80) Problem Solving Pendant; also consider the (58) Voice Amplification Modulator
Shoulders: No significant finds for Horde; Alliance has (32) Faerie Mantle
Back: No significant finds; 20-29 has (45) Parachute Cloak
Chest: No significant finds
Wrist: No significant finds
Hands: No significant finds
Waist: No significant finds; 20-29 has (43) Gnomish Harm Prevention Belt
Legs: (35) Haliscan Pantaloons or Tuxedo Pants
Feet: No significant finds; 20-29 has (45) Gnomish Rocket Boots / Goblin Rocket Boots
Rings: (60) The Rock
Trinket1: (60) Insignia (the class-based PvP trinket bought with honor)
Trinket2: (55) Arena Grand Master
Weapon: No significant finds
Off-Hand: (70) Stratholme Lily

If your typical 19 tink goes from an average item level of 26 to an average item level of...let's say 46 for the sake of argument (and easy math), we're talking about a 20 * 0.1% stat improvement in Legion, or 2%. Which is to say, very little.

Edit: Thanks to @Redgreenblur and @SikTh for posting about the engineering items
Edit2: Thanks to @Kriptonite for confirming the Crimson Shadowcap
Edit3: Thanks to @raziel83 and @Holythane for the Stratholme Lily info.

Last edited:
I'm a bit confused about how these stat templates are going to interact with iLvls.

Can you guys clear this up for me?

there is also this http://legion.wowhead.com/item=86579/bottled-tornado
Do note that it is clearly exploit and it will get fixed sooner or later as other high end items/buffs before.

I'm a bit confused about how these stat templates are going to interact with iLvls.

In 20s, right now every item scales to ilvl 34 in pvp.
See no reason why it should change in legion.

So only items above ilvl 34 will bring any difference with 0.1% stat improvement per ilvl.
Balance.

there is also this http://legion.wowhead.com/item=86579/bottled-tornado
Do note that it is clearly exploit and it will get fixed sooner or later as other high end items/buffs before.

In 20s, right now every item scales to ilvl 34 in pvp.
See no reason why it should change in legion.

So only items above ilvl 34 will bring any difference with 0.1% stat improvement per ilvl.
Balance.

Won't these items need to have stats for them to be improved per ilvl?

As I understand it, a character will get a stat template anchored to a baseline item level. Like @SPQR said, 20-29 sees much of their gear scale to ilvl 34. If you wear all heirlooms, you'll have an average item level of 34. If you mix in some higher item level gear, you'll raise your average item level, and your stats will go up a sliver of a percent.

Someone said that's getting turned into a toy (and thus going into the toybox) for Legion, so it won't be a piece of gear. Likewise, the Korkron transmog set with the really high item level will not be wearable as gear in Legion.

Won't these items need to have stats for them to be improved per ilvl?

I don't believe gear will need to have stats to make an impact on average ilvl.

Stats on items wont have anything to do in pvp.
Atm, if you use white bow without stats in bg, it still has ilvl 34 due to scaling preset.

In legion, (assuming cap will be ilvl 34) unless person gets an item that is above the cap outside bg - it wont give any stat improvement to scaled down template in pvp.

The only thing im not sure is: will it take in consideration average ilvl as a whole or ilvl on every single item.
first seems more likely.

In any case, a massive improvement.

Does anyone know whether xp on and xp off will become merged come Legion? Seeing as gear and enchants basically is becoming useless, it would seem strange to keep twinks and non-twinks seperated from eachother.

I saw in another TI-thread, in this very section, that toggling xp off results in a buff—wonder if that change speaks in the direction of a potential merge…

Does anyone know whether xp on and xp off will become merged come Legion? Seeing as gear and enchants basically is becoming useless, it would seem strange to keep tinks and non-tinks seperated from eachother.

I saw in another TI-thread, in this very section, that toggling xp off results in a buff—wonder if that change speaks in the direction of a potential merge…

I've been trying to get a response from them on this subject. I've heard nothing as of yet though.

Does anyone know whether xp on and xp off will become merged come Legion? Seeing as gear and enchants basically is becoming useless, it would seem strange to keep tinks and non-tinks seperated from eachother.

I hope so, seeing as gear wil not be a factor anymore in bgs.

Someone said that's getting turned into a toy (and thus going into the toybox) for Legion, so it won't be a piece of gear. Likewise, the Korkron transmog set with the really high item level will not be wearable as gear in Legion.

Nice toy, you can't even use it anywhere :D :D

FYI, you cant get the bouquet of dried flowers from shadowmoon valley anymore. it requires lvl 90 to pickup

WoWhead doesn't list that. Is it a hidden requirement, or a mistake on WoWhead? That'll save people a lot of time, if it's unavailable.

Edit: Never mind, I just tested it, and you're correct.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread