Stats and ilvl

Someguy

Veteran
So.. hi everyone I guess. I've been reading this forum for a few months now, but I just created an account to figure this out.

There are a lot of guides for twinks which state that ilvl is the most important thing for pvp gear, given that your gear scales along with your level.

The thing is, it doesn't seem to work that way anymore and I can't find any useful information about the issue.

Are stats more important than ilvl again? And does that mean that enchants are a must again?

thanks for your help!

iLevel isn't important anymore, stats is. Enchants will count towards that too, so yes you'd want to enchant your gear.

Stacking your primary stat is usually BiS in the 29s, but you can be like 90% as effective and play some really cool alternate builds as well with stupid stuff like 40% crit or 30% haste or 30% versatility. My particular love of the bracket is that, there is no real 100% cookie cutter way to build your dude.

Some items' stats didn't scale properly during the item level squish of 7.3.5. This is why item level 24 Epic mace from the Brewfest event has 1 less Stamina than Heirlooms of the same item level. The dagger from that event, however, is on par with heirlooms in regards to stats.

First of all, thanks for the reply guys! You have helped quite a lot.

Correct, check the armory lists to the corresponding brackets to find bis gear/enchants.

What class you going to play?

Hhm, everytime I twink (first time twinking in an oficial sever), I usually build like 4-5 toons, so I go with my fav classes: warrior, priest, lock, and shammy. The thing is, I usually twinked at 19 before and in Wotlk realms, so now I have to check what I will be playing.

Stacking your primary stat is usually BiS in the 29s, but you can be like 90% as effective and play some really cool alternate builds as well with stupid stuff like 40% crit or 30% haste or 30% versatility. My particular love of the bracket is that, there is no real 100% cookie cutter way to build your dude.

That's actually good to hear. I really like we have that flexibility now.

One question about gear. Since it's hard to actually fully twink several toons, I usually get as many looms as i can, a few pieces of decent gear and the most important enchants. If I go that way in Bfa, that is loom-gear based toons, will I still be somewhat decent statwise? For what you guys are saying, I should be OK, but i rather double check that.

Again, thanks!
[doublepost=1539281573,1539281067][/doublepost]
Stats matter again. Ilvl doesn't directly mean anything, though it usually correlates with higher stats. Enchants matter and make a huge difference.

Look at what expac the guides are from. Legion had ilvl be the best thing.

Yeah... I kind of feel a little silly right now. I spent a few hours getting stuff like The Rock and Problem Solving Pendant, lol.

Anyway, I like that (some) things went back to normal. I'm much more used to this kind of stat-based system and feel more confortable with it too.

Thanks for your reply!

That's actually good to hear. I really like we have that flexibility now.

One question about gear. Since it's hard to actually fully twink several toons, I usually get as many looms as i can, a few pieces of decent gear and the most important enchants. If I go that way in Bfa, that is loom-gear based toons, will I still be somewhat decent statwise? For what you guys are saying, I should be OK, but i rather double check that.

A loom based toon combined with just the best dungeon drops/BG crates/Dungeon Satchel gear is 90% as good as anybody else (tho most hard core twinks hate that fact :D "meh! twinking is not what it used to be! meh!" ), just make sure you do enchant your gear... that is sort of crucial... the enchants do add a lot. Casters suffer the most from not getting into engineering for the spell power extreme plus /green lens Goggles, but the loom headdress is still good enough.

Melee you wont notice it as much, on casters tho its a bit rougher. If you stand toe to toe with an arcane mage with 280+ Int and you have on heirlooms and rando gear on your arcane mage he is going to blow your face completely off. Warrior versus Warrior, Rogue versus Rogue its less, since enchants like crusader/elemental force are huge portions of that classes damage.

Potions/Goblin Gliders/First Aid... all those things also help you out a lot in games.

But as always, there is always the stigmata of being a half ass twink... you might have gotten bumped up to first class on the flight, but the people who actually paid for their first class seats know and look at you with disgust :D.

Last edited:
A loom based toon combined with just the best dungeon drops/BG crates/Dungeon Satchel gear is 90% as good as anybody else (tho most hard core twinks hate that fact :D "meh! twinking is not what it used to be! meh!" ), just make sure you do enchant your gear... that is sort of crucial... the enchants do add a lot.

Yeah, I usually try to fully enchant a twink, or at least get the most important enchants.

But as always, there is always the stigmata of being a half ass twink... you might have gotten bumped up to first class on the flight, but the people who actually paid for their first class seats know and look at you with disgust :D.

I can live with that, lol.

Again, thanks for your time!

Users who are viewing this thread