Dismiss Notice
Hey there Anonymous! Now you can post on XPOFF without registering!

State of Twinking?

Discussion in 'General WoW' started by Conq, Sep 22, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Conq

Conq Pai Mei Administrator Founder

Good? Bad? Active? Dead? or Not even twinking? I've heard it all so now i'm putting it to the community. Where are we at in your eyes?

2. Warlord Daboo

Warlord Daboo 10-19 Coordinator Coordinator

I think the 19 community is very active and alive and I invite even more of you who think it is dead to come try out our events that will be run daily from now on! These events consist of Wargames, Arenas, Wpvp (Many varieties), and new ideas such as Warsong Deathmatch, Twink Timewalking, Call to Arms and more! Add Daboo#11580 to get involved! Thank you to all of the active 19s you make the game what it is!

3. Hamcake

Hamcake Member

I don't care for it

Sketchbag, Tidey and Conq like this.
  4. snug

snug aka Cropdusterx

legion is the best xpac ever u can target people and track their movement through walls, there was a sick twinkcup, all your hard earned gear is worth it, the general skill level has risen immensely i feel so stimulated and challenged. i hate my life

Puempeekstoh, ohti, Burg and 7 others like this.
  5. Trollguden

Trollguden Yey-Hough

20-29 EU where I play when I play is pretty active. The interesting thing is that there are flooding ppl to my friends guild and we have no idea where they come from, sadly they are mostly surv hunters and stuff but at least ppl wanna twink still. Russians who we merge with in bgs also have some twinks. The quality of the games right now is ok at best imo, they can be fun with the right classes and specs in the bg but compared to older expansions not so much.

Conq likes this.
  6. handsomedgc

handsomedgc Member

7. Visual

Visual Social Media Coordinator Coordinator

not even twinking when you can wear all whites and do shit ton of dmg

Warlord Daboo and Veechard like this.
  8. Veechard

Veechard Veteran

9. Tidey

Tidey Member

extremely boring. no more cool plays. no more twinks vs. twinks. no more creative gear comps. this shit sucks seriously hate it.

Ezny, Visual, Warlord Daboo and 2 others like this.
  10. Jabz

Jabz Member

Its amazing everyone has a chance to make a difference in bg , twink or non twink...so we pretty much just playing bgs at a different brackets...the only difference now with a twink and a lvler is skill. You can't just expect gear to carry you any more ..thats prob why most old twinks are quiting cause they can't take the heat. I like how it takes me max 3hrs to make a 29 twink from lvl 1 to 29...If you guys like farming for gear and your gear worth the time go play runescape or something xD

NuckingFuts and Sketchbag like this.
  11. Fael

Fael Believer

All my twinks are dead

Veechard and Sketchbag like this.
  12. rndmnbdy

rndmnbdy Member

yea, caus its not like the last couple of xpacs twinks were only fighting other twinks, aka, no undergeared toons nor lvlers on either side. So now when all you do is farm lvlers in gy, twinks "cant stand the heat" lol
    Do you even think b4 posting bro?

Talezy and Sketchbag like this.
  13. Holythane

Holythane Lewno

It is technicallly "active" but personally i completely hate the new spell animations and npc models, as I only pvp this is huge for me. Most likely wont be subbing until this changes which im sure it wont.

Sketchbag likes this.
  14. Veechard

Veechard Veteran

Idk if I'm reading wrong but GY camping existed since the dawn of twinking.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 22, 2017, Original Post Date: Sep 22, 2017 ---
    Compair spell animations and models from vanilla or BC now. How can you even complain and have this be a hinder for twinking for you? Some people like to complain just to complain I guess
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 22, 2017 ---
    It's crazy to think that this game was sooo balanced in 19s way back when, that if you had 9 twinks and 1 pug vs 10 twinks, the 10 twink team would be GY camping whole game. Blizzard doesn't have number nerds working for them anymore or they just don't care I guess. :shrug:

15. billymáys

billymáys Veteran

From a F2P perspective, PVP has just lost its spark. The creativity I miss most, before gear scaling and now ilvl focus, classes could experiment with gear sets. It was fun making "glass cannon" classes or wacky hybrids. I made a spirit stacked ret paladin when ret heals were mildly silly. I reminisce but despite having 2 more BG maps, seeing a dual staff wielding lvl 25 fury warrior and looking at the damage it's done...back to fishing in Draenor.

F2P's PVE is decent though, loads to do.

cope and Tidey like this.
  16. Holythane

Holythane Lewno

Lol everyone has their own opinion, changing the animations and npc models inside a game makes it completely different, in pvp I dont want to look like im walking with a dildo in my ass or a 3 year old trying to hit a baseball when I press a spell which the majority of the legion spells look like. The old animations where so much better they essentially wasted time creating the new ones and put it into the expansion to look like they did more so people buy it.

cope likes this.
  17. Zioni

Zioni The Mentor

I mean most of you are calling it dead because of its lack of connection, what I mean by that is comparing to WoD where the bg system was seperated it was always great due to pugs were competitive (despite long queues on we worked around it).

I personally think due to the queuing system it effects the old for the idea of the new generation of twinking, yes it's been dumbed down that's not the point i am looking at. Never the less if you get two old twink guilds to premade, I bet you wouldn't call it dead or non competitive, I'm sure will see one of the tensest and a intellectual game. I think this xpac challenged us to see how we were as a community, and we've kinda failed.

rndmnbdy and Warlord Daboo like this.
  18. Grimzee

Grimzee Member

I have to say ques have been great but the amount of wargames that's been going on has been a steady decline this expansion

Warlord Daboo likes this.
  19. partygirl

partygirl Toxic

playing endgame and waiting for the cata server.

handsomedgc and Warlord Daboo like this.
  20. Leek

Leek Veteran

It's still someone alive but as some people said, the creativity for certain class builds is kinda gone and endgame pvp rewards are very "meh"

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)