EU+US Starting a discussion on Blight Boar in DMF

sanraymond

Grandfathered
So I saw forks were talking about the event in the current goal thread and wanted to add my observation. But since it wasn't really relevant to the original thread I decided to start a new one. Hopefully everyone can help to test out how this event work and get some helms for our poor horde and plate toons :)

First of all, if you don't know about this event, its a new mini game on Darkmoon island, Wowhead has a guide on this event based on PTR here.

WoWScrnShot_070217_073601.jpg

Yes, our mighty knight is actually a mookin!

My results so far:

Dalaran Server:

6:40 ETS: (horde mw monk) came in late and saw the death metal knight running wild attacking anyone on the island. Bugged.

8:30 ETS: (ally holy pally) boss spawned, event worked as intend. Seems like hp locks at 6 and he wont die before the ghouls are summoned. I forget to loot his body and no buff no achievement.....

9:30 ETS: (horde afflict lock) boss spawned, event worked as intend. Fewer ppl so we didn't get his health down quickly enough before the ghoul spawn and he died normally. Loot his body (no helm, only junk). Got two achievement! Mosh Pit and Hey you are a rock star :)

11:30 ETS: (horde MM hunter) event worked as intend. Fewer people and we failed to get Mosh Pit achievement. No helm only junk.

Aerial Peak Server:

7:30 ETS: (Horde balance druid) Almost no one there I guess due to phasing. I initiated attack with moonfire and ran out of the cave, the quest ended immediately and the knight despawned.

Emerald Dream Server:
7:30 ETS: (Ally MM hunter): I switched after the boss despawned on AP. Very few people and I was killed twice due to lack of heal, quit.

Fatal Furry recorded his observations on the current goal thread. It would be nice if we can compile what we learned here

Last edited:
Observations:

I remember seeing the "casual fan" buff timer started at 10 min sometime after killing the boss and looting him. Was able to get around 2000 points and raised to "hardcore fan" during my third trial. Since I forget to loot on the second trail and got no achievement, i suspect that would be the key: you have to damage and loot to be count as participant of the event. Or it could just be bugged...

Edit: buff and score counts start at the beginning of the event. Hit by banshee mines 25 points. Avoid them

The third trail on Dalaran server I was in a group with a lvl 60 druid and a lvl 100 warrior, only the druid got the helm. Both of them died during the event so that doesn't seem to matter. I'm not sure if being in a group affect the number of drops though.

During the fight you constantly take AOE damage and physical damage from the banshee, if there is a high lvl healer on your faction that does AOE healing then there is nothing to be worried about. However if not and you don't have any healing ability then its gonna be tough (dying seems to be fine but you will have to run all the way back). Learned from my MM hunter on Emerald Dream.

Normally u can't jump on stage but someone showed if a cushion is placed next to the middle tombstone right before the stage, one can glitch beneath the stage and by spam jumping you can reach above:

WoWScrnShot_070217_082501.jpg

Accidentally, using the toy to set yourself on fire makes you run uncontrollably, leading to my warlock to glitch into the stage and was able to jump up as well (loled)

Last edited:
Current loots:

total tries: 3
total items: 7

items:
Purple:

White:
Purple Dance Stick
Green Dance Stick

Junk:
Sweaty Wristbands
Discarded Crimson Solitary Stein
Folded Poster of Jon Graves
Caged Head Smoldering Pick Pieces
Backstage Pass
loot1.JPG

loot2.JPG

loot3.JPG

Last edited:
Here's a task for you guys. A quest if you prefer :p

Tell me:
1. What is 'perfect performance', how to get 'Number 1 fan' and how to get assigned a role?

2. Give screeshots of all the drops @20

Thanks in advance
looks likes loads to tests ahead but will try to add stuff. I will check others "fan buff" and see if I can see their score to get an idea how we f2p faire compared to others. If there is only 1 "number 1 fan", its gonna be tough

Edit: so just tested out again and here are my observations:You gain buff at the start of the event, starting with "causal fan" with 0 score (not sure why my pally didn't get it). Hit by banshee reduces points by 25 and yes it goes to negative. I got hit 4 times so its -100.
During the boss fight you gain 5-10 occasionally and killing boss turned my from negative to about 200 and directly to "hardcore fan". Checking others buff, someone was 140 and his buff status was "serious fan". Attacking ghouls rises score quickly, I ended at around 2200. And almost everyone had the same score range so I guess we are on par with others. Its not about damage but about number of hits ( I managed about 70k each time with my warlock).

End of event: After sometime killing the ghouls everyone pops achievement and the buff disappeared immediately. However the ghouls doesn't disappear. People get the rock star and mosh pit achievement, no one had perfect performance

Last edited:
Thx, sorry but i didnt keep track of my score :(. No roll assigned, just had a group of 4 and plugged away when he spawned.
Learned from Nocontest and decided to try my goblin MM hunter. Since there are lvl heals hp wasnt an issue. Did about 160k damage and scored above 5000, much better than warlock, therefore AOE probably matters. Still not #1 though. Got hit by banshee once. There are stage lights and dropping beams, if you stay underneath them you get a heart and probably score increase.

What sucks is that I can't do this on multiple toons at once :p At least its here to stay. Question is, will it last for us? I hope so...

Loot definetly scales down to 20, as i posted in the other threads. Got #1 fan on my 110 main early in the morning. To get #1 fan you're competing against others there. If somebody scroed higher than you, you'll stay hardcore fan, no matter the score. Whoever has the highest gets the buff that "assigns" one of the roles to you for 24 hours, a transformation into one of the band members. I got it with a score of 450 with 3 other people fighting the knight. Attacking him doesn't really give points from what i've seen, but you get them every time you attack the ghouls, no matter how much dmg you do.

I posted this in the other thread. Copying it over to here:

1st spawn: 12:30am - Killed, no special loot
2nd spawn: 1:30am - Wouldn't drop below 6 hp (lived and tanked by some druid well into 3:00am)
3rd spawn?: 2:30am - Didn't happen on the account of the fight from previous spawn still being in the cave
4th spawn?: 3:30am - Event triggered, but Boss never spawned

played by character on the Dalaran server.

How hard is it for them to make a boss die just like any other npc?

Users who are viewing this thread