EU+US Starter Edition Item Purgatory

Mythic Al

Boring Troll
Hey, guys!

I know we all like to post accomplishments & achievements acquired on our Starter Edition accounts. However, with goals met, come wasted opportunities and inevitable disappointments. I thought it would be interesting to see what kind of items you have looted on your Starter Edition characters who have absolutely no use for them, or are otherwise wasted.

I'll get things started with my brand new Starter Edition Panda Warrior I created recently:

Warrior:
VHykr7q.jpg

ROAKblf.jpg

zIgdEcZ.jpg

GI9Ge38.jpg

The two pairs of Gloves of the Fang dropped within 5 minutes of each other. :rolleyes:

bEOJWGu.jpg

HjrqwOn.jpg

1BruLud.jpg

TXCBVJo.jpg

VEjCSmf.jpg

Let's see your disappointments!
(I'll post more of my other Starter Edition characters once I document their wasted inventories.)

Last edited:
[...] I thought it would be interesting to see what kind of items you have looted on your Starter Edition characters who have absolutely no use for them, or are otherwise wasted.

[...] Let's see your disappointments!
I realize that this thread is supposed to be about "wrong class" drops... but I submit that the worst kind of "item purgatory" is the goddamn emotional roller-coaster of a F2P Plate-Wearer getting an unusable "right class" drop. :(

plate-jpg.12037

I realize that this thread is supposed to be about "wrong class" drops... but I submit that the worst kind of "item purgatory" is the goddamn emotional roller-coaster of a F2P Plate-Wearer getting an unusable "right class" drop. :(

plate-jpg.12037

Equally as disappointing, if not more so. Totally within parameters of the bummer feelings this thread is evoking. :oops:

I'll start with this one, related to tmogs appearances that I may never have on my rogue (except strange things happening during the potential level squish). That's also the most expensive item I have ... 750g :cool:
Stays my biggest disappointment when I gave back that quest and discovered the level requirement :(
z7Yw9NM.png

Then come some GFed loots from the Timeless Isle, that I keep for no real reason .... keeping up 8 slots in my bags ... they are not from my level nor from my class ...
Just posting them there because I wish they were openable at lvl20 to get at least the tmogs counting ...
aoClsjQ.png

Last edited:
Dug through some more bank boxes and found less than I though I would, maybe I have thrown out a few during spring cleaning...

Paladin:
IGcaVm4.jpg

n84dXbM.jpg

UsqfKwT.jpg

mw3HnpF.jpg

lqeMqAC.jpg

RNJYLv8.jpg

Priests:
aDOftE6.jpg

UgMtxap.jpg

opEy55P.jpg

vwmq7UY.jpg

fLbl2pV.jpg

4iIzEry.jpg

fq8chZe.jpg

Misc:
R9DDbTb.jpg

bd4Ueol.jpg

Last edited:
Well, have no screenshots, but...
I got lvl20, unbound epic versions of:
-hard crawler carapace;
-boar hide leggings;
-petrified shinbone(s);
-feathered cape;
-black ogre Kickers.

Ofc, none of them dropped for my rogue, they all dropped for my warlock and paladin while casually killing the rare, mostly just to steal the kill.

Warlock looted this:

TFDnFAV.jpg

Can't wait to have my luck change when I run WC on my Shaman/Druids. :rolleyes:

Went to throw these gauntlets into the bank when I found this as well:

9YSWm7Y.jpg

Edit:
Dug through some more bank boxes and found less than I though I would, maybe I have thrown out a few during spring cleaning...

Paladin:
IGcaVm4.jpg

n84dXbM.jpg

UsqfKwT.jpg

mw3HnpF.jpg

lqeMqAC.jpg

RNJYLv8.jpg

Priests:
aDOftE6.jpg

UgMtxap.jpg

opEy55P.jpg

vwmq7UY.jpg

fLbl2pV.jpg

4iIzEry.jpg

Misc:
R9DDbTb.jpg

bd4Ueol.jpg

Can't believe I forgot to mention my biggest facepalm on the topic:

fq8chZe.jpg

Will include screenshot in the edit of the original (quoted) post.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread