EU+US Starter edition accounts is now the same as an inactive legion account

Smn

Legend
Starter edition accounts is like any other account now, all legion is included, you just need a subscription to go above 20.
So it looks like f2p players is gonna be able to use enchants and any p2p "perks".
You just need to get some free gametime, wich is easy to do via tickets.

F2P who get game time and use enchants/guilds/banks/etc are called veteran accounts

And I would caution any f2p against getting game time because WoW started banking XP earned before you activate the account. Which means your toons will be leveled beyond 20 when you get game time, making them unplayable when that time expires

F2P who get game time and use enchants/guilds/banks/etc are called veteran accounts

And I would caution any f2p against getting game time because WoW started banking XP earned before you activate the account. Which means your toons will be leveled beyond 20 when you get game time, making them unplayable when that time expires

Cant u xp lock as f2p?

Yeah but if you didn't lock it the instant the change was made, you still earned that "banked" XP and there's a solid chance your character levels when you activate

Fwiw, if you ever bought game time before the change, you don't seem to bank XP. Vets are immune. It's just pure f2p that's affected

knew they find a way to fuckup 100% f2p accs. now just wait next free promotion untill yall get fucked.

Yeah but if you didn't lock it the instant the change was made, you still earned that "banked" XP and there's a solid chance your character levels when you activate

Fwiw, if you ever bought game time before the change, you don't seem to bank XP. Vets are immune. It's just pure f2p that's affected

Unless I'm misunderstanding.

My solution is, lock xp b4 upgrade.

once time expires (to my knowledge), it unlocks. So you would remain at 20?

Rinse repeat

once time expires, it doesnt unlock. you cant join bgs while its locked and you dont have game time.

back to original post, does that mean f2p cant craft flying tiger goggles and similar things or what?

exp lock dont work on banked exp. been tested.
you got no control over it.
once you log in with active acc in to banked char it is game over.

Shucks.... Had a 20 warrior with titanforged fel gear I wanted on my main account..

Shucks.... Had a 20 warrior with titanforged fel gear I wanted on my main account..
if this really the case and not just blizz adding legion in to battlechest then the only way is to contact gm prio login or right after leveling up.

I bought a battle chest on my f2p account a couple weeks ago, locked XP on all my f2ps before I activated it and they weren't leveled. Most of them had banked XP. Unlocking does level you when you're subbed though.

@Fry did a lot of testing on it here: https://xpoff.com/threads/banked-xp-7-3-5-f2p-only-reuploaded.74864/

I'm not 100% sure what happens if you have it turned back on with a ticket when you're unsubbed, I'll prob test that on a character I don't care about too much when I run out of time on that account.

if this really the case and not just blizz adding legion in to battlechest then the only way is to contact gm prio login or right after leveling up.

I'd prob contact a GM as I'm upgrading to ensure that I don't level. Maybe even have them in chat as I'm upgrading.

Thats all thats going on.

OP is perhaps unfamiliar with the F2P accounts having access to the full Battlechest and/or there being such a thing as veteran accounts.
This.

It's the same as it has been, just Legion is base game.

Just like how MoP was added when WoD came out, and WoD when MoP came out.

F2P pure since the start here, and I don't plan on ever making this account more than that. I have a separate one for that. :)

so, if i add game time to my f2p account does it go back to f2p when the game time expires? or does it become a paid account forever?

so, if i add game time to my f2p account does it go back to f2p when the game time expires? or does it become a paid account forever?
You become a "veteran" account. you can still play toons under level 20 and still be a part of a guild you may have joined but otherwise its f2p again.

A lot of people play Vet accounts because they can buy game time, enchant their gear, buy better gear, get more bank space, etc, and then drop their sub and be a free to play... with perks.

Honestly, I did an experiment to that, and whilst testing out some things, I chose one of my druid twinks(which I have many, so it wouldn't harm me), and did bgs as I was at a veteran state(w/o gametime) but xp was on, and I noticed that I wasn't receiving experience, did around 30 bgs, then reactivated gametime, no xp was given to me.
My catch is this, if you are at level 20 now, and a twink for some time, *If you upgrade, you will gain the experience(my trial account in eu has my druid in level 35 directly after i upgrade), means you get experience if you obtain battle chest, not those who already have it*
Conclusion, "Pure" F2Ps gain level upon upgrading their account. Vets on the other hand, don't get xp even if its on, and that xp will not be distributed to the char when you activate the subscription.
I need a few more tests at this to confirm 100% but right now i've hit a 99% mark. (More tests are needed as this may very well be a bug just for the moment).

Conclusion, "Pure" F2Ps gain level upon upgrading their account. Vets on the other hand, don't get xp even if its on, and that xp will not be distributed to the char when you activate the subscription.
You mean to say, ANY exp I get on a pure starter, will be saved until that account becomes p2p, and then IMMEDIATELY be given to that toon? Am I understanding this correctly?

Users who are viewing this thread