Starter Accounts can no longer join bgs

Stêez

Grandfathered
So i just tried to join a random bg and it told me this ..
WoWScrnShot_083016_003713.jpg

i never was subbed .. but anyway i tried to join on another character whose exp wasnt locked and it worked fine. ill try to unlock it on this one..

Are u are Starter or a Vet? This happens when u go Vet and haven't unlocked ur XP before ur sub runs out. It's a bug.

If that's the case u need to put in a ticket and ask for them to give u a day of game time to unlock ur toons XP.

That's the only time I've heard of this happening.
Yea that's what I meant XD I didn't word it right

i never was subbed .. but anyway i tried to join on another character whose exp wasnt locked and it worked fine. ill try to unlock it on this one..
If u lock XP on any Starter account it won't let u queue for bg's or arena. Try and unlock and u should be good. But u shouldn't have to lock it at 20 as Starters can't gain anymore XP from lvl 20.
Either way good luck.

So i just tried to join a random bg and it told me this ..
View attachment 4999

You will need to open a Ticket to get this resolved. I wouldn't waste the 10 gold to try and unlock it. Starter accounts cannot unlock XP. If a GM gives you a generic answer, you will have to Reopen it until an actual GM helps you.

Well..
Slahtz took my 10 gold without doing any work so I asked a gm. He said that he couldn't see any gold spent in the last 24h on my character. I paid 10g again and now another gm said that the problem is that my max level on the starter account is lvl 20.
But not more .. I have written another ticket and hope they'll turn my exp bar back on at some point.

In your next ticket to a gm highlight that this is your first encounter with this issue and that nowhere that you have seen is it noted that starter acconts cannot pvp

Well..
Slahtz took my 10 gold without doing any work so I asked a gm. He said that he couldn't see any gold spent in the last 24h on my character. I paid 10g again and now another gm said that the problem is that my max level on the starter account is lvl 20.
But not more .. I have written another ticket and hope they'll turn my exp bar back on at some point.

Exactly. Starter Accounts DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO TURNING OFF XP. Any gold you spend will be a waste and I doubt any GM will refund it for you. After you file the ticket, and a GM answers you, you should click the "I Still Have A Problem" part at the bottom instead of marking it as resolved. This will let you Reopen the ticket. Usually, Reopened tickets have shorter wait times than new tickets.

Exactly. Starter Accounts DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO TURNING OFF XP. Any gold you spend will be a waste and I doubt any GM will refund it for you. After you file the ticket, and a GM answers you, you should click the "I Still Have A Problem" part at the bottom instead of marking it as resolved. This will let you Reopen the ticket. Usually, Reopened tickets have shorter wait times than new tickets.
Starter's can lock XP. Once you lock XP though you can't bg or arena. And they can also unlock XP. I've done it recently on 2 of my F2P's with no issue. I'm not sure why the OP is having this issue on a Starter. I can only think maybe he locked his XP at 20 and that's why it's playing up otherwise there is no reason for it to play up.

Its the fourth time i'm reopening the ticket and the gm's still dont understand my problem ..
The first one said that i didn't spend any gold to turn it on again and that i should tried it one more time.
The second one said that the problem is that im on a starter account (which we all already know)
The third one thought that i want to level up above lvl 20 and that i need to subscribe to wow to do this (oh really)

These GMs ..

Its the fourth time i'm reopening the ticket and the gm's still dont understand my problem ..
The first one said that i didn't spend any gold to turn it on again and that i should tried it one more time.
The second one said that the problem is that im on a starter account (which we all already know)
The third one thought that i want to level up above lvl 20 and that i need to subscribe to wow to do this (oh really)

These GMs ..

Yeah. GMs are a real PITA. The first time I submitted a ticket, they told me to resub. The second time they just told they couldn't do anything and to have a nice day. The third, I got a day of game time. If it helps, you should ask for a GM to 'Unlock your XP', then list the <Character Name> - <Realm Name> of the characters you want to unlock. You should also say that you don't have any money, or any way to pay for a subscription at the moment.

It may also help to place the characters affected by this bug next to the NPC (Behsten if Ally or Shultz if Horde) that turns on/off xp gain for 10g until a GM fixes it. Having the bugged characters have 10g on them -may- also help (though, when a GM fixed this issue for me, -I believe (though can't be sure)- that no gold was lost after he/she fixed it).

My quote-box below contains what I wrote as a ticket t to blizzard's support around 5 months ago when I also had this bug (on some, but not all, characters. Probably helpful to note this.). You can read a copy of my ticket in the quote-box below to get an idea on what informations to include in your case.

In summary, I stated the issue I was seeing (some of the trials able to queue for bgs/skrimshes while some others couldn't, both affected/unaffected characters on the same account), and I also stated a attempted fix. You can look up the details in both Issues and Attempted Fix to get some ideas of what details to share (especially noted differences between affected and unaffected character, aside being/not-being-able to queue for bgs.
The background in my ticket may not be relevant in your case, though in my case it was me trying to be as detailed as I could when I had this same issue around 5 months ago (on a non-subbed non-vet starter edition account).

Issue: On my non-subbed Starter Edition (SE) account (WoW1), four characters ([insert affected character/realm names]) are unable to queue or join battlegrounds/skirmishes, while the rest of my characters on this same SE account still can.

Background: About a week or so ago, some Starter Edition accounts (including my WoW1 account) had an account bug in which Starter Edition restrictions suddenly became non-existent (characters could level beyond 20, join guilds, use mail/AH, etc.). While this bug was active, I paid 10g to the Behsten NPC (NPC to turn on/off xp-gain) on those 4 characters to lock experience (xp) gain so they would remain at level 20, as I knew they would be locked from use if they leveled beyond 20 once this bug was fixed. Once this SE-account bug was fixed, those 4 characters were unable to join or queue for battlegrounds/skirmishes, while my other WoW1 characters that weren't xp-locked while this bug was active can still queue for battlegrounds/skirmishes, just like they could prior to and during this bug.

Attempted fix: According to other xp-on/off players that had this same issue and account-bug background, going to the Behsten NPC and paying 10g (to "turn on" xp-gain) fixed this can't-queue-for-battlegrounds-or-skirmishes issue. I tried doing that on one of the four affected characters, but doing so yielded no change, if any (Behsten NPC's listed options claimed my xp was still off even after paying 10g to "turn on" xp-gain, and the can't-queue-for-instanced-pvp issue remained). Note: my non-affected characters get no pay-10g-to-turn-xp-on/off option from the Behsten NPC (and have xp-progress-bar shown in default UI), while my 4 characters that have this issue bug do have this option from this NPC (and also have no xp-progress-bar shown in default UI).

If anyone's able to help me with this issue, I would definitely appreciate it. My 4 affected characters (-) are left near the Behsten NPC if that'll help.

Also, in my case this many months ago, the GM who answered my ticket resolve this quickly and swiftly. No day of game-time was given, he just utilized GM "magic" to "mess" my affected characters, and by "mess" I believe he "switch"ed their xp-on/off switches to off (and confirmed when the experience-bar above your default action-bars is seeable).

That said, I also wish you luck in your issue being fixed (and trust me, it IS fixable).

I believe this has something to do with them adding that xp off buff that people receive when they lock xp. They messed around with something and caused this.

Users who are viewing this thread