Spirit or int for priest healers in the 39 btacket?

swagne

Veteran
So im making a disc priest twink in the 39 bracket,
and im wondering how much impact stacking spirit has.
Is it any point, or should I just safe it and go for int/"of healing" gear?
And should I invest four talent points for the 17 spirit buff, or spend them somewhere else?
Different guides have different takes I guess.
It's also to my understanding that spirit is a "dead" stat in the 19 and 29 brackets,
but I might be wrong.

TL;DR: Int or spirit
[doublepost=1595167629,1595165484][/doublepost]Classic wow btw

I play 49 disc priest. Im my experience int is more important. That being said, i still value spirit, and i would get a spirit staff and slap 20 spirit on it for drinking and running around between fights. Also you can switch to it when you go oom in battle.
[doublepost=1595168914,1595168769][/doublepost]I get the spirit buff talent. Buff everyone i can. Useful for non magic users as well for health regen.

Give us some concrete gear comparisons. The BiS list has a high Spirit build, but it still doesn't value Spirit more than Int. If we're talking about the green item slots for instance, no one is going to argue for grabbing Spirit/Stam instead of Int/Stam. The question would be Eagle or Healing. Other slots like chest and pants have multiple options worth discussing.

Talent wise, yeah those first 21 points in disc are basically set in stone and make you the Mana battery that you are. One point for 17 Spirit buff is insane tbh.

Don't go out of your way for spirit.

If your Int & Stam gear has spirit on it, that's a bonus, but fights won't last long enough most times for it to be worth it, especially when drinking mana will do a better job

Give us some concrete gear comparisons. The BiS list has a high Spirit build, but it still doesn't value Spirit more than Int. If we're talking about the green item slots for instance, no one is going to argue for grabbing Spirit/Stam instead of Int/Stam. The question would be Eagle or Healing. Other slots like chest and pants have multiple options worth discussing.

Talent wise, yeah those first 21 points in disc are basically set in stone and make you the Mana battery that you are. One point for 17 Spirit buff is insane tbh.
Thanks for replying! Im mostly going for the gear in the BiS-list, but since you wondered I was specifically thinking of SoJ vs hand of righteousness+Beacon of hope. Would I notice the difference? Is SoJ objectively better?

Don't go out of your way for spirit.

If your Int & Stam gear has spirit on it, that's a bonus, but fights won't last long enough most times for it to be worth it, especially when drinking mana will do a better job

Disagree with this sentiment. Priest is a class that has some of the longest sustained battles. Think about how fights go vs Priest/Lock for instance.

Disagree with this sentiment. Priest is a class that has some of the longest sustained battles. Think about how fights go vs Priest/Lock for instance.

I would hope that a team mate would help me out in that situation - I wouldn't try find myself in a 1 on 1 situation vs anyone as a priest to be honest, but I guess in that scenario - you're right.

However, generally, i feel my post applies well.

I would hope that a team mate would help me out in that situation - I wouldn't try find myself in a 1 on 1 situation vs anyone as a priest to be honest, but I guess in that scenario - you're right.

However, generally, i feel my post applies well.
Was not implying 1v1; talking about teaming up.
[doublepost=1595264477,1595262960][/doublepost]
Thanks for replying! Im mostly going for the gear in the BiS-list, but since you wondered I was specifically thinking of SoJ vs hand of righteousness+Beacon of hope. Would I notice the difference? Is SoJ objectively better?

SoJ is great, wouldn't hesitate to use that, specially for solo play. One hand combo just gets you a bit more healing.

Was not implying 1v1; talking about teaming up.

Ah right, in which then I strongly disagree - but each to their own.

There's too many opportunities to drink for mana, especially in a premade setting

each to their own though (just my opinion)

Yeah no worries, I'm just curious though if you don't think Lock/Priest combos involve long fights (I'm picturing the standard mid dominance position that Locks are meant for) are there any long fights? I get that you can drink, but Spirit of course helps you out of combat too, and it's hard to overstate how useful the in combat MP5 you get from the conversion is.

With Viper and Mana Burn it's actually pretty hard to protect your Mana pool, having one that is literally never empty opens up a ton of plays and surprises people tbh.

best priest I have played with plays spirit stack, nelf meld drinking 24/7 while casting mindcontrols
my boy finalprayer, you should atleast have a spirit set available for certain matchups, mp5 conversion rly comes in clutch

High int important but once you burn through part of your mana pool you should be switching weapon chants to + healing for better value then + spi for Regan. Its best to have weapons and chants for all three of these and use them interchangeably.

Give us some concrete gear comparisons. If we're talking about the green item slots for instance, no one is going to argue for grabbing Spirit/Stam instead of Int/Stam. The question would be Eagle or Healing.

The Eagle vs. Healing question is what I find myself dealing with on my healadin in the 40-49 bracket. Burst casters are very strong there (I’m looking at you, ele shaman ...) and I am starting to think that Eagle may be being over-prioritized.

Users who are viewing this thread