Spellfire set with BOP gems

Merlin

Grandfathered
for those who are using Spellfire set .. you can send all your other higher lvl toons to run the instances to get those BOP gems, and then send the spellfire armor set to these toons to equip the BOP gems, the spellfire set WILL NOT be soulbound .. after you finish gemming the armor, then you send it to the toon who will be using it .. this is a faster way to finish gemming instead of putting on the character and using it to farm the gem daily, if the gems are from heroic dungeons

i tried to run a higher lvl toon (with 5 int/ 6 stam BOP gems in its bag) with a lvl59 as a group in a dungeon, after the lvl59 gotten a 3-socket armor, the lvl59 traded this with the higher lvl toon hoping to gem the armor, it doesnt work .. it says if you socket the gem, you cannot trade it back to the lvl59.

so only gears thats BOE can use this gemming of BOP gems from different toons who has the BOP gems

that would be good to know, except the bis gems are boe (5 int 5 crit)

Not that I disagree, but I know a few preists who favor haste over crit to the extent where the 5 int / 4 haste gems are attractive. And it's just a neat trick, could have other applications somewhere...

yeah i was just testing out to see if gems that is acquired bop, and apply it to a boe item, to see if the item remains boe, if it does, then one can use many toons to aquire it and pass the boe item around for socketing .. to reduce the farming time

Users who are viewing this thread