Spectator Mode Explanation... From WoW?

Hunnybuns

Founder
Founder
Hey guys I was going back today got a chance to watch the NWL series this past week of WW vs GMYE and I was surprised to see the change in format of the Spectator Mode. Based on just how the vods of those premades went and no further knowledge, it looks like this is a software that Blizzard themselves has implemented in spectator mode and it is just god awful. Do others know some information that we are missing out about the changes with the client? Is there a way to revert back to the old client where it gives player's PoV rather than a 24/7 aerial shot? Is there a new addon update with Arena Live Spectator that is here or on the way to help compensate for these changes? If all comes to worse, we ABSOLUTELY need to get the attention of Blizzard and let them know they dropped the ball on this otherwise. I mean it is bad, take a look at the premades from this past week from the NWL

Twitch

Twitch

Let's see if we can dig up some more information on the situation, but if there is no way for controls to go back to PoV, this is a MAJOR issue that we need to immediately bring to Blizzards attention via Twitter.

Any specific information on the changes they have made with Wargame Spectator Mode changes would be greatly appreciated, from why the changes were made to if they can be reverted to past or current controls to help navigate the system better.At the end of the day if there is no real answer then we will need to take action to make Blizzard revert back to the old system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it is been confirmed that they changed it. I have seen some arenas and it was super slow. And not good. I for one do not like it.

I have no idea if someone has an older version laying on their pc not updated. I do not.

I support this idea, it definitely needs a change.

give me a link to a tweet/forum or where ever you need support to get their attention, i stream peoples games usually, so i too would like to help fix to this problem!

#bunswiththeDUNK

It sounds like a change on blizzards end? If so I doubt any of the old arenalive addons will work at all ArenaLive [UnitFrames] - Unit Frames - World of Warcraft Addons - Curse they can be found here tho, I might have misunderstood your question tho.

Well just in general i am extremely concerned with this change especially with it coming from Blizzard's end which seems to be the case, as the spectator mode looks really poor now, and our community thrives off having wargames streamed. So I want this thread to server as the beacon of discussion for information regarding this change and our decision process going forward with how to deal with the change. Specifically if there is nothing that can be done to change this new spectator mode will need to take it up with Blizzard on Twitter

Yeah I agree, I think there are real issues with the spectator addon right now, clearly the handling was clumsily designed, I hope this gets fixed soon, I think the spectator addon is really a center piece of what we have going here.

The Campaign has begun! Please Please PLEASE! Get on or make your Twitter accounts and support the spectator movement to revert camera back to PoV. Favorite and Retweet the post below! We've done this before to make the change of allowing 19 arenas, need people to step up to the plate for the sake of the community to make the change so we can continue to push for high quality streams of all the wargames/premades!

https://twitter.com/Fearthebuns/status/643847791224188928

they changed it for regionals and it was only supposed to affect flagged accounts

Users who are viewing this thread