EU+US Soul capacitator and legendary ring

Aussietwink1

Grandfathered
So I have he legendary ring partly upgraded on my rogue 744 ring, and a mythic standard soul capacitator.

Anyone know which one should be led into the other when exploding for max damage? Or does it not really matter ?

The rogues burst is phenomenal but I feel the spirit eruptions are lacking a little bit with the max single target being 15 million after the 10 second window.

Any hints ? Tips or tricks would be appreciated .

Aussie

In theory you would want to use the ring first then run it into the trinket proc, but that would be near impossible sadly. All about RNG with that wacky trinket.

If you could control when Soul Cap would proc, then yeh I'd use the ring first because then you'd get the damage bonus across the entire SC charging time, followed by the explosion contributing to the ring's explosion.

Just pop the ring as soon as SC procs I guess? :p

In all honesty for maximum damage I'd run the Legendary trinket stacked with both those items if you can possibly get them. Talk about some nasty DPS.

Just adding my 2 cents into this thread about Soul Capacitor.

You can "/cancelaura Spirit Shift" to remove the Proc which still activates it's stored damage, this is also handy for when it Procs on low health mobs.

You can set up a WeakAura for the Proc to better see how long you have left, I also hear from a friend you can get WA to display how much damage is currently stored.

The damage is split between all mobs, it does not do all your damage to every single mob.
This works great for One Shots if you have someone AoE the Mobs down before the Boss/Proc or you can Leap enough distance from the pack of Mobs to the Boss.

There is a perfect combo that you would go for as a rogue back in HFC to maximize burst with SC and ring. SC had an almost 100% proc chance on pull and you'd use ring 2 seconds into the pull. This allows your first explosion to go into the ring. Then you hope for a 2nd proc with 1-2 seconds left before the ring procs. This used to put your ring proc into soul cap. Anything more than 4 or 5 second was a dps loss and you'd need to use a macro to proc soulcap before the ring exploded.

Hope this helps.

Absolutely stay away from 101 Cloth items.

Agility stacking to tackle the Mastery multiplier is the way you want to go.

~16,000 Agility * 300% Mastery is better than ~13,500 Agility * 330% Mastery.

Look close at your Agility stat when you put on your last Leather armor, the 5% bonus is still there.

offtopic but can u still complete the legendary ring questline if u have an early stage epic ring?

Look close at your Agility stat when you put on your last Leather armor, the 5% bonus is still there.
Weird, it isn't active for plate users (I checked). Are you sure you?

offtopic but can u still complete the legendary ring questline if u have an early stage epic ring?
Nope :(

Just adding my 2 cents into this thread about Soul Capacitor.

You can "/cancelaura Spirit Shift" to remove the Proc which still activates it's stored damage, this is also handy for when it Procs on low health mobs.

You can set up a WeakAura for the Proc to better see how long you have left, I also hear from a friend you can get WA to display how much damage is currently stored.

The damage is split between all mobs, it does not do all your damage to every single mob.
This works great for One Shots if you have someone AoE the Mobs down before the Boss/Proc or you can Leap enough distance from the pack of Mobs to the Boss.
Thanks for this, deffo gonna save that for when I get my soul cap on my DH. ^^

That trinket must be bugged or something. I hit a level 110 demon hunter for 136 million ?

f67VfL6.jpg

The trinket is indeed bugged, that was known since forever :p but it's a fun bug though. xD

I might have figured it out.
I engaged the 110 demon hunter at the Lorlathil flight point. Today I noticed some level 1 rabbits near the flight point. I must have killed the rabbits with the aoe from doa and said damage got added to the trinkets proc / stored damage.

That's probably it. You could potentially one shot world bosses if it works with http://www.wowhead.com/item=131933/critter-hand-cannon too :D

Users who are viewing this thread