Something New To Do

Budget

On The Sidelines
So i was looking around youtube when i found a video by Nixxiom and a new challenge he has created. It looks fun and something i might do myself. And with all of the people that complain they have nothing to do, they can do this....

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

The Challenge
-Part 1 is you must find the one ring. That means that you need to go out, kill mobs, quest, or whatever in an attempt to find a ring. The first ring you find is "The One Ring" and must therefore be destroyed. You are not allowed to wear the one ring unless you are a gnome.

-Part 2 is you need to destroy the One Ring. In order to do so you need to travel to Blackrock Mountain, stand on the suspended island in the center, and delete the one ring from your inventory. After deleting the ring, you will do a /played on that character and screenshot your success. The fastest time wins.

The Rules
  1. If you die at all, you lose and must delete your character.
  2. No mounts, potions, dungeons, professions, buffs, heirlooms, auction house, groups, and guilds.
  3. First Aid and Cooking is allowed.
  4. IT IS A SOLO CHALLENGE
Classes and Races You Can Play
  1. The only races you may play are gnome, dwarf, human, or blood elf.
  2. If you play gnome you can only be a warrior
  3. If you play dwarf you can only be a warrior
  4. If you play human you may be warrior or mage (mage cannot use pet)
  5. If you play blood elf you can be a hunter, but can not use pet
Class Perks
  1. Warrior: You are allowed to wear any piece of armor as long as it is of white quality.
  2. Mage: You are allowed to equip any robe that is white quality from looting a mob or questing or looting a mob.
  3. Hunter: You are allowed to use healing potions. But only ones from quest rewards or from mob drops.
Racial Perks
  1. Gnome: You may wear the first ring you get to use it stats.
  2. Dwarf: You are allowed to use THE FIRST BLUE head item that you find.
  3. Human: You are allowed to use THE FIRST necklace that you find.
  4. Blood Elf: You are allowed to use THE FIRST blue ranged weapon you find.

Good luck to everyone who attempts this challenge! And all credit goes to Nixxiom!

Oh a challenge that's completely dependant on RNG. I don't think that's what a challenge should be. It sounds climatic but getting The One Ring through a drop is pretty hard...

edit2: can it even drop? Wowhead states that it's only a fishing drop (as found in the book) http://www.wowhead.com/item=8350/the-1-ring

and fishing is not allowed.

edit3: Im dumb, it's any ring... might be okay then.

Last edited:
Oh a challenge that's completely dependant on RNG. I don't think that's what a challenge should be. It sounds climatic but getting The One Ring through a drop is pretty hard...

edit2: can it even drop? Wowhead states that it's only a fishing drop (as found in the book) http://www.wowhead.com/item=8350/the-1-ring

and fishing is not allowed.

edit3: Im dumb, it's any ring... might be okay then.
The challenge says that you don't need to get the actual "The-1-ring". The challenge says just the first ring you obtain.

The challenge says that you don't need to get the actual "The-1-ring". The challenge says just the first ring you obtain.
Guess that means the Onion rings are a go!!!

Lmao, id rather just watch the movie for the 100th time instead of doing this boring challenge. If you want a challenge just go play vanilla..

Users who are viewing this thread