Somehow lvled up past 20 without a sub

Discussion in '20s (Shadowlands)' started by Orashathra, Oct 18, 2020 at 6:08 AM.

Share This Page

1. Orashathra

Orashathra New Member

Has anyone ever had this happen? I got kicked from wow classic when my sub ran out. Was excited to finally be able to join bgs on a vetted f2p 20 and went to go do a few quests while waiting on queue to get a few of the azerite pieces from zuldazar and turned a quest in and hit lvl 21.... I feel so defeated. I spent weeks preparing and rushed the first few days to get hoa and ilvl40 legiondary weapon all for naught.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Tfmatteson

Tfmatteson Member

Make a ticket, i've heard it happen after sub just ended. Just say you can't play the character now that it leveled past 20 when you had planned to play it without a sub since you cant afford it some bs. They've deleveled chars in this situation before i'v heard anyways.

3. OP
    Orashathra

Orashathra New Member

Thank you for the reply and giving me a shred of hope. I will look into it and give it my best effort. Will report back with whatever I figure out. Do you think I should wait until I cant login on the character?? Or go ahead now and see what happens?

4. Dragpz

Dragpz Veteran

Yeah, make a ticket and be polite, proper grammar etc. Raging hard doesn't really help. usually there's a 5-6 hour grace period from the end of your sub, so before you log onto Vet chars, make sure your higher level characters show locked

5. Chops

Chops Soccer Dad Moderator

Its a known bug. Shame it didnt get fixed with SL but we've had exceptional luck with people getting it reverted so dont lose hope. Just be honest about what happened.

6. OP
    Orashathra

Orashathra New Member

Hopefully putting a ticket will work in my favor. I definitely appreciate the advice, I guess its time to break out those old grammar textbooks huh? Lol kidding. I had no idea about the grace period though. I guess this is what i get for being so gung ho about it XD
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 18, 2020 at 6:28 AM, Original Post Date: Oct 18, 2020 at 6:26 AM ---
    Good to know that there's a likely probability. My shattered Hope's are being slowly rejuvenated. Thank you guys so much.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chops

Chops Soccer Dad Moderator

Good luck, let us know how it turns out!

8. OP
    Orashathra

Orashathra New Member

So here's what I wrote for the ticket:

"My subscription has just ended and I had made a new character named Oraz that I had leveled up to 20 that I was planning to play without a subscription since I cannot currently afford the monthly fee. I logged in after my subscription had ended and started doing a few quests in the Zandalar area and upon turning in the quests, much to my surprise, I leveled to 21. With the free to play level cap being 20 I fear I will not be able to play this character anymore once the game recognizes my account as "unsubscribed." Is there any possible way my character could be de-leveled back to 20 so that I may continue to play?"

Any thoughts? Does this seem like a sound ticket to any of you?

9. Dragpz

Dragpz Veteran

Good enough, I usually have a header like, "Hi Blizzard or something", and then "Thank you" at the end, but other than that, it looks okay

10. Tfmatteson

Tfmatteson Member

Mention "rollback" the characters level to 20, and be sure to mention your game time had expired at that point. Feign ignorance about a grace period, all you know is you were unsubbed, and you somehow hit level 21

11. Cattywompus

Cattywompus Member

I highly recommend waiting for live chat hours. Having to wait 2 days for a response and then another 2 days for a response definitely does more harm than good. The live chat is available 12pm pst-4pm pst

12. ZenwØw

ZenwØw Member

@Orashathra UR VET WAS YUMMY !

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Stunt

Stunt Grandfathered

This “grace period” is fucked up rn. It’s been 2 days since my sub ended and I still can log 50s

14. OP
    Orashathra

Orashathra New Member

Yeah I guess in the mean time til I can try the live help I may as well just start over and deal with having a lower ilvl legion weapon. Gotta find another kind stranger to help with hoa again though.