Some questions regarding classes/brackets

Raww

Veteran
So I was looking to get back into twinking since 120 gameplay just isn't appealing to me anymore. I haven't messed around with twinks since Cata when I was playing my 70 Mage, Enh Sham and Ret Pally.

Questions are as follows:

-Is the lvl 70 scene a thing in BFA?

-What are the most active brackets in NA? I'm not interesting in 19, 29 or 80+ brackets.
The 39 bracket seems interesting but there aren't enough abilities I feel.

-Rogue is the class I want to play, how Assass and Sub doing in these brackets?
Also wondering how Enh Shams and Ret Pallies are in these brackets as well(Spriest and Boomkin look interesting)

-What are queue times like for each bracket/faction?
I'm EST and play late into the night

-What are the dominating factions for each bracket?

-Are there any active guilds? I'd be interested in doing some PVE content as well.

Thanks!

So I was looking to get back into twinking since 120 gameplay just isn't appealing to me anymore. I haven't messed around with twinks since Cata when I was playing my 70 Mage, Enh Sham and Ret Pally.

-What are the most active brackets in NA? I'm not interesting in 19, 29 or 80+ brackets.

Also wondering how Enh Shams and Ret Pallies are in these brackets as well(Spriest and Boomkin look interesting)

-Are there any active guilds? I'd be interested in doing some PVE content as well.

Thanks!

Personally I'm an EU player, so I can't give much insight on the US scenes, however, I can give a few pointers to some of the questions you have.

70's are a thing for sure. You have access to a lot of spells, talents and gearing options. It's one of the few brackets where you can truly notice the skill difference in players due to having much more mechanical freedom, so that the skill level doesn't revolve solely around awareness, positioning and such. It's still a big factor of course, don't get me wrong, but not comparable at all to the lower brackets where this alone seems to be the big notable differences in players.

The 39 bracket seems revitalized with the new profound exposure due to Asmongold stepping into the bracket. This website alone has recieved a lot of attention in the 39 bracket. This is mainly concerning US. The gear and spells available in this bracket is still enough to put you ahead of other players. You have some ability to make mechanical plays, but most notably is the option of scaled epics, which is a nice "feeling" in twink terms.

Rogue is a decent class. Don't expect to be a damage machine, but you are one of the best classes at objective plays, and you will be able to shift games if you are able to play it to its potential. You will however feel that in some games, you are more or less just stalling the game, as the team itself can be hinging you to actually win the game. You still count on your team to cap some flags and such.

I can't talk about faction domination, nor queue times, as I don't play these brackets on US. For US 39's people generally say that Alliance seems to be the more dominant faction, but as I said, I don't play the bracket on US, so I can't be sure. It's probably going to shift back and forth with this new influx of players due to rise in activity.

Fairly sure there are some active guilds, for US 70's try and hit up @Blackberryy. For 39's there are both old and new guilds. I would suggest using the 39 community and/or guild section.

Thanks!
Thanks for the tag @Bestworld. Hey welcome back! 70 is probably my favorite twink bracket and honestly has been since wotlk. Bfa has done much good for 70s putting them in the best and most balenced spot since cata. To address your guild issue, currently I run (to my knowledge) the largest us 70 twink guild and community, we are extremely active and always recruiting more, and if you are not on our server or willing to xfer we have a discord and community and play with all 70s we can. We are alliance based though, so that may limit you there, but there is a horde 70 guild up and coming with a gm that I have gotten to know and seen around in the bracket in the cata days as well. You can find my guild page here https://xpoff.com/threads/that-seve...twink-guild-always-actively-recruiting.75511/ . To breifly answer your question about rogues, I have played my 70 rogue for years and bfa is a great spot for them, making all specs viable and match different play styles, outlaw is a team fighting support class, still good openers but more for chain ccs and slows with high aoe potential and burst, assassin is a slow rot spec with bleeds and poisons being a great portion of your damage, very good spread for team fights and pressure in 1v1s. Sub is the opener class with insane 1v1 potential and great cc in team fights with limited aoe. Small reply I know but I hope this helps, feel free to pm me or join the discord link on the guild recruitment page, it’s the 70twink community discord too. Glhf

Sorry for the late reply on my part! I really appreciate you two taking the time out to answer my questions. I'm glad to hear the 70 bracket is active again and viable. My main is on Emerald Dream so I was probably going to make whatever twink on there since I can fund him. I'm probably confused but can't people join guilds cross server?

@Blackberryy Just wondering how do these classes stack up against a Rogue @ 70? Enh Sham, Ret Pally, Spriest?

70s haven't been good since 2011/2012. Anyone who tells you otherwise is a liar.

Play 39s, lots of activity & new players. Avoid rolling priest or warrior. 3s tourney coming in the next few months with a $1k minimum prize pool. Dm me fam let's get u set up in r1 bracket worlde.

70s haven't been good since 2011/2012. Anyone who tells you otherwise is a liar.

Play 39s, lots of activity & new players. Avoid rolling priest or warrior. 3s tourney coming in the next few months with a $1k minimum prize pool. Dm me fam let's get u set up in r1 bracket worlde.
Yeah I’m sure you are the right guy to talk to.
Sorry for the late reply on my part! I really appreciate you two taking the time out to answer my questions. I'm glad to hear the 70 bracket is active again and viable. My main is on Emerald Dream so I was probably going to make whatever twink on there since I can fund him. I'm probably confused but can't people join guilds cross server?

@Blackberryy Just wondering how do these classes stack up against a Rogue @ 70? Enh Sham, Ret Pally, Spriest?
you can join community’s cross server, but not guilds, only adjoining servers can have cross server guilds but those are very few, and rogue stacks up nicely, s priest and Ret pally counter rogue pretty well atm, and enhance just requires some sneaky strats to keep them cced and force there cds in order, but very doable, you can essentially beat most all dps specs, but ret and spriest are probably the hardest matchups

Yeah I’m sure you are the right guy to talk to.

Considering the fact I was co-lead of the 70s <Twink Info> guild during the most active period in 70s history, ya I'd say so. Not to mention r1 moderator at the same time. (o and we were undefeated in rbgs)

70s bracket is trash these days, sorry if I hurt ur feelings cupcake

Considering the fact I was co-lead of the 70s <Twink Info> guild during the most active period in 70s history, ya I'd say so. Not to mention r1 moderator at the same time. (o and we were undefeated in rbgs)

70s bracket is trash these days, sorry if I hurt ur feelings cupcake
Bashing a bracket you haven’t played in 6 years isn’t very helpful to someone coming back. I also played in those times and remember the activity my guilds also shared. But 70 is in a great place right now.

Bashing a bracket you haven’t played in 6 years isn’t very helpful to someone coming back. I also played in those times and remember the activity my guilds also shared. But 70 is in a great place right now.

Y u would assume I haven't played 70s in 6 yrs is beyond me. I've played them more recently than that, they just aren't good. Reading comprehension.

Users who are viewing this thread