EU+US Socket Values

Aelobin

DK Twink (80 / 85 / 101)
I hadn't updated my estimated socket values since they changed the stats on accessories so I fired up SimCraft and decided to do it a bit more accurately this time.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BC1Uu2gwxrCLnSk-FRwQQNzwctUCfnznGn0wT7Lr3ZA/edit?usp=sharing

Class: BM Hunter (since they do the best DPS)
Baseline BoE ilvl: 860 (felt this was a good middle-ground between budget gear and highly expensive gear).
Traits: 19 (up to 2nd gold)
Time: 1 min (30 sec burst is too short to be accurate due to RNG, but 2+ mins is not very useful since fights never last that long).

Should've probably changed the vers ring for a haste one but too much effort redoing all the sims :p

TL;DR - A socket is worth roughly the following ilvls (higher ilvl = lower value, doesn't take Stamina into account)
- Head: 5
- Neck: 5
- Shoulders: 5-10
- Back: 10-15
- Chest: 5
- Wrists: 10-15
- Hands: ? (probably the same as waist/feet/shoulders)
- Waist: 5-10
- Legs: 5
- Feet: 5-10
- Ring: 5-10
- Trinket (agi): 5 (for agi classes)
- Trinket (int): 20 (for non-int classes)

Last edited:
Have you got an idea of the value of leech vs other secondaries or ilevel? I remember your previous figure for the relative value off 100 leech where pretty high.

I think my previous estimates for leech were wrong because they used the value of 1 gem (which is always 150 stat) instead of taking into account the fact you get more leech on certain slots. I'll try figure it out again later :)

The ring/neck disparity will be due to different secondary stat weights for a BM hunter. I'll repeat the sims on another class/spec soon.

I'm guessing the cloak is because they didn't buff secondaries on those since they have a primary already?

Going to necro this thread since I'm not going to create my own just for leech discussion :)

For people commenting on the value of leech there is no set value (in my opinion) since, unlike the other tertiary stats, leech is heavily reliant on how your class does its damage. Some classes can burst quickly, on demand, making leech more valuable since you can basically get a larger amount of free health when you need it. Other classes simply do not do nearly as much damage as some of the popular dps classes which means you will need much more leech to obtain the same health regeneration.

Example: If my DK can burst 1m dps and I have 10% leech I am essentially getting 100k health/sec from it during that burst phase. My ret paladin might only be doing 350k so 10% leech is only going to net me 35k health/sec, roughly a third of the health regen. I have the same leech percentage yet I get much, much less effectiveness from the stat.

For anyone who has played around with leech enough you know that leech can become a major factor in how you change your play style. For instance, I can stay dps on my DK and pull and drag massive amounts of dungeon mobs as if I were in tank spec. Whereas before I would have to be very careful how many elites I had on me since they can eat up a 101 twink's health pool in a few seconds. Other factors include, for instance, BM hunters not doing much damage themselves since their pet does most of the damage. This means your pet has great leech but you are barely benefiting from the leech you've paid all that gold for.

One other thing about leech that I've noticed is there seems to be a slight delay between doing the damage and getting the health returned. I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but when I try to watch my health bar while I dps it seems like the health I get from leech pools for maybe a few tenths of a second and then is applied to my health in a combined amount.

I am saying this based on playing 5 different classes at this level. If anyone else wants to chime in please do!

Going to necro this thread since I'm not going to create my own just for leech discussion :)

For people commenting on the value of leech there is no set value (in my opinion) since, unlike the other tertiary stats, leech is heavily reliant on how your class does its damage. Some classes can burst quickly, on demand, making leech more valuable since you can basically get a larger amount of free health when you need it. Other classes simply do not do nearly as much damage as some of the popular dps classes which means you will need much more leech to obtain the same health regeneration.

Example: If my DK can burst 1m dps and I have 10% leech I am essentially getting 100k health/sec from it during that burst phase. My ret paladin might only be doing 350k so 10% leech is only going to net me 35k health/sec, roughly a third of the health regen. I have the same leech percentage yet I get much, much less effectiveness from the stat.

For anyone who has played around with leech enough you know that leech can become a major factor in how you change your play style. For instance, I can stay dps on my DK and pull and drag massive amounts of dungeon mobs as if I were in tank spec. Whereas before I would have to be very careful how many elites I had on me since they can eat up a 101 twink's health pool in a few seconds. Other factors include, for instance, BM hunters not doing much damage themselves since their pet does most of the damage. This means your pet has great leech but you are barely benefiting from the leech you've paid all that gold for.

One other thing about leech that I've noticed is there seems to be a slight delay between doing the damage and getting the health returned. I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but when I try to watch my health bar while I dps it seems like the health I get from leech pools for maybe a few tenths of a second and then is applied to my health in a combined amount.

I am saying this based on playing 5 different classes at this level. If anyone else wants to chime in please do!

This "delay" you speak of is exacitally why certain classes with no heal, hots, or just a vulnerable clothy, can't get enough leech. As arcane mage, I can say the more leech the merrier, but some would probably argue I'm wrong yada yada, so take what I say with a fractal of a grain of salt.
[doublepost=1506207646,1506195213][/doublepost]
Aww plums, I've been going off your old figures where the socket value was much higher :D

This is why I didn't pay any mind to the first post, just like this one. What makes this dudes math correct/ important? He just is crazy enough to sit there and do a shit ton of equations and algorithms. And no one would be crazy enough to try to prove him wrong.

This is just like the government. You do as your told and you would have to be crazy to try to prove wrong. So you just trust them.

Last edited:
This "delay" you speak of is exacitally why certain classes with no heal, hots, or just a vulnerable clothy, can't get enough leech.
Speak for your own Clothie, my Demo Lock is basically indestructible with hardly any Leech. My Disco on the other hand, I'll take all the Leech I can get on him.

Speak for your own Clothie, my Demo Lock is basically indestructible with hardly any Leech. My Disco on the other hand, I'll take all the Leech I can get on him.

Yea but how are you nearly indestructible? You must have some ability or talent that gives you health. I was using my arcane mage as example because we have 0 ways to heal

Yea but how are you nearly indestructible? You must have some ability or talent that gives you health. I was using my arcane mage as example because we have 0 ways to heal
Yeah Demo Lock has a shared Shield with the Pet and it's constantly reapplied so unless I get hit with a massive attack, or mountains of DPS, my Health never moves from 100%.

Users who are viewing this thread