So what were some 1337 profs for making gold in 1.12?

herbalism imho since some of those herbs are needed for flasks, etc

gromsblood ftw

i literally made a 29 twink with full enchants/bis gear in the first 2 weeks of the server's launch span when the 2nd nostalrius server rerolled (first twink on the server with full chants yes including both head and leg librams which are like 250+g which is a pain in the ass especially when you rolling fresh before that inflation kicks in and even 10 silver counts) without a 55+ main..as in my 29 was my only toon and my main.

and most peasants were still rolling around in nonenchanted/scrub gear

(and yes that experience was a fucking blast in its own self but i just wanted to see if it can be done)

Last edited:
I'll be picking up Talioring and Enchanting. Once i made enough gold with those 2 and got good enough gear for pvp I'll drop Tailoring and pick up Engineering and just buy all the mats from the AH to max out Engineering. A lot of ppl gonna buy bags, resistance gear and enchants.

isnt there are legit and also hilarious gold making method which involves crafting a specific item when the cost of mats is lower then the price to vendor , its kind of like the mcrib, you cant do it 100% of the time but when the pork price....or in this case i think its the leather (dont quote me) is right you buy and craft and make a net profit........extremely slowly...with thousand of the same crafdted green item......over and over and.......dunno i just found that gold making method to be hilarious

Last edited:
isnt there are legit and also hilarious gold making method which involves crafting a specific item when the cost of mats is lower then the price to vendor , its kind of like the mcrib, you cant do it 100% of the time but when the pork price....or in this case i think its the leather (dont quote me) is right you buy and craft and make a net profic........extrem,ely slowly...with thousand of the same crafdted green item......over and over and.......dunno i just foudn that gold making method to be hilarious

ye leather workers can do it

Mining and herbalism for sure, especially if you know how to abuse certain game mechanics/exploits that were in the game at the time. And if they keep it "true" vanilla, then those same methods should be doable again. (no I won't disclose the methods because cba 5 million ppl doing it). But you can get a nice chunk without exploiting regardless.

- Herbalism for black lotus but they are not BoE until ZG patch, still nice to have anyway Plagueblooms and Mountainsilversage are high in demand for raid consumes
- As a hunter lock or mage u can take enchanting (even if level 1) and disenchant boss loot from your DM / Mara farms
- Skinning is nice for devilsaur leather though maybe hard to come by if theres any mafias in classic but you can skin onyxia too with 315 skinning (dagger + glove enchant)
- As a rogue you get your most efficient gold / hr built into your class with pickpocketing, run through BRD stealthed on a specific route (any private server pickpocket video on YT) and pickpocket everything also kill the rare which drops formula for fiery wep for a chance of 80g+ but without that alone the farm is 25-40g an hour

From my experience on northdale which i played for a good year+ up until ZG these are good consistent methods. But you can make alot of gold farming mobs with in demand drops like essence and felcloth, loads of options in vanilla wow to make gold i personally did the BRD pickpocket farm for about 4 hours a day for a week to get my epic mount on my rogue.

Good luck :)

I just made a fresh toon on a private server, i went for skinning and mining.
Found skinning werry usefull just by vendoring in early stages, to help afford spells or vendor wep

Also as a warrior you can 2 man run DM with a healer and disenchant / vendor the loot or sell the pre bis items to people (they tag along and pay you on drop) and at the end of one of the DM instances (forget which) there’s a cave behind the last boss with 2-3 mining veins in which is a nice extra if you have mining but just remember to split the gold after your session with your healer friend ofc xD

I cant wait for this to come out! I tried it out on a private server and it was way harder than what I remember it as. Made a gnome rogue, and I almost had problems soloing mobs 1-2 lvls higher than me, in caves I died several times due to double pull, even when I got my stealth, had to be a super ninja to be able to pass the mobs, forget about pickpocketing even lvled mobs.

Anyways I got a question about proffs

when I roll on classic, I will do so the same day as it comes out. Will this affect my proffesion pick? (when having gold farming on mind, will change to engiee/smthing else once 60mount anyways)

I was thinking this beacause most players will probably pick a gathering prof, and AH will overflood with mats for cheap, so maybe 1 crafting prof would be just as good (at the lunch)

Even picking BS or LW, for gearing myself, to easyer lvlup counts towards making gold imo, as i can faster begin to farm gold at a faster rate (dungeon pickpocket ect)

I cant wait for this to come out! I tried it out on a private server and it was way harder than what I remember it as. Made a gnome rogue, and I almost had problems soloing mobs 1-2 lvls higher than me, in caves I died several times due to double pull, even when I got my stealth, had to be a super ninja to be able to pass the mobs, forget about pickpocketing even lvled mobs.

Anyways I got a question about proffs

when I roll on classic, I will do so the same day as it comes out. Will this affect my proffesion pick? (when having gold farming on mind, will change to engiee/smthing else once 60mount anyways)

I was thinking this beacause most players will probably pick a gathering prof, and AH will overflood with mats for cheap, so maybe 1 crafting prof would be just as good (at the lunch)

Even picking BS or LW, for gearing myself, to easyer lvlup counts towards making gold imo, as i can faster begin to farm gold at a faster rate (dungeon pickpocket ect)

IAnyways I got a question about proffs

a kinda rule-of-tumb is that the faster you hit 60, the more gold you'll make (at least for the first months). other than providing for your mount, your proffs while leveling should never (IMO) get in the way of you hitting 60. so if you're "rushing" (= hit 60 in one month-ish) I would recommend skinning since it's pretty much passive income you get from vendoring/C.O.D'ing mats you get from mobs you're gonna kill anyway.

herb and mining (especially mining to my understanding, tho never had that proff myself) you have to go out of your way to skill them and you'll often find your level's zone not being in sync with your gathering skill which means you waste time on proffs that should be invested in leveling instead.

so why rush to 60? i stole this image from a youtube vid and i believe it to be pretty accurate, at least for private servers.
hYV4BN6.png

in essence one hour of goldfarming at 60 equals many many many hours of goldfarming at a lower level. so it's pretty useless to even focus on proffs--unless you really want to--while leveling up since you'll either have some class specific method for goldfarming at 60 (aoe farming for mages/priests/palas or pickpocketing for rogues) OR you'll be able to gather herbs/mining nodes at a much faster pace because of mount. this is even more true since many mats, like you point out, will be dirt ass cheap the first months of the server--so if you're quick at leveling to 60 you'll be able to farm gold very efficiently and thereby buy a shit ton of undervalued stuff on AH (mats, consumes, gear and whatnot).

regarding LW or BS I never heard that those proffs are any big gold makers really, and unless you're skinning/mining on an alt they're gonna be very expensive to skill up (at least BS) which I wouldn't recommend. don't get me wrong--if you're one of those lucky people that land a good LW/BS/enchanting recipe early on you could make a lot of gold but that's pretty unreliable.

you'll often find your level's zone not being in sync with your gathering skill
This is so true and add all levellers crowd to this in first weeks. Sometimes zone changing is needed to be in sync with gathering skill. (Remember: no mount till lvl 40)

a kinda rule-of-tumb is that the faster you hit 60, the more gold you'll make (at least for the first months). other than providing for your mount, your proffs while leveling should never (IMO) get in the way of you hitting 60. so if you're "rushing" (= hit 60 in one month-ish) I would recommend skinning since it's pretty much passive income you get from vendoring/C.O.D'ing mats you get from mobs you're gonna kill anyway.

herb and mining (especially mining to my understanding, tho never had that proff myself) you have to go out of your way to skill them and you'll often find your level's zone not being in sync with your gathering skill which means you waste time on proffs that should be invested in leveling instead.

so why rush to 60? i stole this image from a youtube vid and i believe it to be pretty accurate, at least for private servers.
hYV4BN6.png

in essence one hour of goldfarming at 60 equals many many many hours of goldfarming at a lower level. so it's pretty useless to even focus on proffs--unless you really want to--while leveling up since you'll either have some class specific method for goldfarming at 60 (aoe farming for mages/priests/palas or pickpocketing for rogues) OR you'll be able to gather herbs/mining nodes at a much faster pace because of mount. this is even more true since many mats, like you point out, will be dirt ass cheap the first months of the server--so if you're quick at leveling to 60 you'll be able to farm gold very efficiently and thereby buy a shit ton of undervalued stuff on AH (mats, consumes, gear and whatnot).

regarding LW or BS I never heard that those proffs are any big gold makers really, and unless you're skinning/mining on an alt they're gonna be very expensive to skill up (at least BS) which I wouldn't recommend. don't get me wrong--if you're one of those lucky people that land a good LW/BS/enchanting recipe early on you could make a lot of gold but that's pretty unreliable.

Thanks for a great reply! Really usefull info :) I was thinking skinning and LW as on the private server I am currently lvling I found it extremly hard to kill mobs at all (at lower lvls atleast) and the LW gear up to a point was a nice booster. If i wouldve leveled faster without I dunno, but probably if I knew what quests are not worth the time or what mobs to farm it probably would be!

When server is released skinning is a must have since it's literally continuous passive income from killing beasts (something you do a lot). later on you can drop skinning. herb is probably strongest overall

You are right on the money with this one. It seems like such a waste when you are doing all those damn beast killing quests and leaving the bodies. Down side it really does slow you down if you intend to level fast. Gold is gold though.
I would imagine I will go with two gathering at the beginning to get the income flowing. On my main Classic toon Maybe switch to tailoring to make bags. Bag space will be a real real issue. So will gold if you are leveling fast. Most people won’t even be able to purchase their abilities.

Enchanting is a bitch to keep up with unless you have TONS of time since you have to “bark” your sales. No enchanting scrolls in Vanilla/Classic. The good thing with enchanting is you can DE higher items at lower levels and sell the dust/shards. I made quite a bit of gold flipping items off the AH that way. Might make an enchanter just to do that.

/cheers

You are right on the money with this one. It seems like such a waste when you are doing all those damn beast killing quests and leaving the bodies. Down side it really does slow you down if you intend to level fast. Gold is gold though.
I would imagine I will go with two gathering at the beginning to get the income flowing. On my main Classic toon Maybe switch to tailoring to make bags. Bag space will be a real real issue. So will gold if you are leveling fast. Most people won’t even be able to purchase their abilities.

Enchanting is a bitch to keep up with unless you have TONS of time since you have to “bark” your sales. No enchanting scrolls in Vanilla/Classic. The good thing with enchanting is you can DE higher items at lower levels and sell the dust/shards. I made quite a bit of gold flipping items off the AH that way. Might make an enchanter just to do that.

/cheers

Yep, just need to be level 5 to learn Enchanting. Always worth having a level 5 bank alt to DE greens.

Yep, just need to be level 5 to learn Enchanting. Always worth having a level 5 bank alt to DE greens.

Vaguely remember there being a level req for higher enchanting. Guessing you would need to level higher to DE higher level greens? Not on my PC or I'd check

Users who are viewing this thread