US So what happened?

somethinglokah

Grandfathered
Not sure if anybody here really remembers me but I was pretty active on Twinkinfo and on Aerie Peak back in Cataclysm and MOP. I had an Orc Warrior named Lokah and a Troll Druid called Katemiddlton if that rings some bells. I stopped playing back in December of 2014 and I got the opportunity to play for a month and I wanted to see how the community is doing. I have a few questions what has happened to Twinkinfo? What's the current State of f2p's? Is AP still the hub? Which faction is stacked and which classes are the equivalent to Cata hunters? thanks!

Hey i remember you. F2P is all but dead, vets were a thing for a bit, but died off and most if the quality players left for 19s.

The bracket is kind of a shitfest right now, still fun but dont expect the majority of games to be competitive.

-movementz

Hey i remember you. F2P is all but dead, vets were a thing for a bit, but died off and most if the quality players left for 19s.

The bracket is kind of a shitfest right now, still fun but dont expect the majority of games to be competitive.

-movementz

Damn that sucks. What are the queue times for 19's on average?

AP still has some people left, but most of the people have moved to bleeding hollow. The bracket is in a pretty poor state at the moment, due to people rolling op classes. General lack of ethics i.e farming graveyard with a BM premade spamming macro's etc. You can still get very enjoyable games, just have to get through the bad ones. Classes to look out for right now are ferals, brewmaster monks enhance shamans. If you want competitive play, probably better to play 19, they generally start popping about 5-6 est and go throughout the night. On a side note, arena is pretty good at 29 right now lots of good players do wargames for 2's-3's if you can get into them. Hope this helped!

29s are bad roll f2p bc 29s r for the newbs wsg pops all day from like 10am pst to around 9pm pst or 10pm on weekends maybe 11. Don't talk to the 29s bc they have coodies

Should twink out @ 20 and go vet if you want to still be mostly f2p. It's worth it.

Just don't roll a feral druid...

Just log in to check out my f2p on Aeriepeak and to my suprize no more random BGs for vets or F2Ps , this is really downer .

Last edited:
You mean you can't que for them or what
ya, i cant Q for BGs

Edit: never mind after some research seem like there is a bug with some F2Ps cant Q in for random BGs. I will open ticket with GM try to fix it. Thank you so much and sorry for any confusion i made .

Last edited:
i like how players expect someone else to hold up the torch, take a 2 yr break and expect the torch is still lit. wonder what happened...like they are the only ones who take a break from WOW, quit, or move on

BGs are slow even at 20-29, i'm glad i only ever made two 20's on AP and friend has two there. we only log them for the DMF. many have since remade 20's on various hi-pop PVP servers, researching best CRZ, faction bias....going to weak side. for world PVP action

vet-20's do seriously well against 29's

Users who are viewing this thread