So...the fishing tournament.

Fez

OG
Has anyone won this thing recently? The tourny was won in 14 minutes today. Flying myself around I only managed 31 tasty fish and everything seemed to be going well. Then the tournament ended. I read that there's only 3 winners per week across US realms. Is this correct? If so, how in the world are we supposed to compete with the legendary fishing rod, 110s, and gankers?

This was very disheartening today lol

Well that's frustrating! I guess its not really that bad since I probably wouldnt get any stat boosts from it anyway lol!

I just won on my 19 lock today. Last week I was at 30 fish when contest was ruled over. Logged off. Came back 30 min later and the contest was back up and running. Caught 10 more fish and won on my 19 shamie. Try logging out and back in after 20-30 min.
I would like to know if you can still catch the special fish after the contest is won??

Last edited:
I tried logging off for 20 minutes. Came back and still no fish in my bags and couldn't fish up tasty fish. Tried logging onto my main on a totally different account and couldn't fish anything up.

that sucks. It was bugged again. I tried logging off and coming back on another toon on a different realm and nothing.
I fished on my lock after that trying to get the hat and nothing :(

I just won on my 19 lock today. Last week I was at 30 fish when contest was ruled over. Logged off. Came back 30 min later and the contest was back up and running. Caught 10 more fish and won on my 19 shamie. Try logging out and back in after 20-30 min.
I would like to know if you can still catch the special fish after the contest is won??

You can get Keefer's and Queen fish even when the contest has been won, yes.

Has anyone won this thing recently? The tourny was won in 14 minutes today. Flying myself around I only managed 31 tasty fish and everything seemed to be going well. Then the tournament ended. I read that there's only 3 winners per week across US realms. Is this correct? If so, how in the world are we supposed to compete with the legendary fishing rod, 110s, and gankers?

This was very disheartening today lol

Try phase yourself to a dead realm instead. My realm is low pop, but you still have somewhat a fighting chance. I could've won it if I had HS to Booty Bay. I don't really need to win it though, but yeah.

I heard it was bugged and bliz just doesn't give a duck about fixing it. I've submitted a ticket over the issue and I was actually met with a pretty sarcastic answer from a gm...which was not comforting in making me believe they are going to fix it. I've won it multiple times back in the day and it's BS how they haven't fixed it. I've heard the event didn't even start for a few months on some realms? It's rediculous - only a small audience of the wow community even tries for the tourney and the tourney itself is bugged. I'm personally PO'd about this cause I want a fair chance to get a damn fishing hat. We gotta all submit tickets or something cause I want this shit fixed

I heard it was bugged and bliz just doesn't give a duck about fixing it. I've submitted a ticket over the issue and I was actually met with a pretty sarcastic answer from a gm...which was not comforting in making me believe they are going to fix it. I've won it multiple times back in the day and it's BS how they haven't fixed it. I've heard the event didn't even start for a few months on some realms? It's rediculous - only a small audience of the wow community even tries for the tourney and the tourney itself is bugged. I'm personally PO'd about this cause I want a fair chance to get a damn fishing hat. We gotta all submit tickets or something cause I want this shit fixed

You are able to get LFH even if someone has won the tournament if you fish within the normal hours of the tourney,
i.e. 14:00 - 17:00 server time. I've had Queen fish drop for me even if the fishing tournament has already ended, and others have confirmed that they have indeed gotten LFH after someone has already won the tourney.

Users who are viewing this thread