so i heard a rurmor about the 2nd amendment

Daltert

hi, I was just leveling in the barrens when I saw a conversation about the 2nd amendment being altered from different state to state at the moment by people in congress. is this true from what am I hearing?

hi, I was just leveling in the barrens when I saw a conversation about the 2nd amendment being altered from different state to state at the moment by people in congress. is this true from what am I hearing?

I would say no, without even looking. Although, in the last month, I watched Maxine waters grill Bank CEOs over student loans, and when she finally let them get a word in, found out it had been years since they had written these types of loans. Keep in mind, the woman is the head of the finance committee. She's an absolute moron! Now I see Uncle Joe Biden telling people Margaret Thatcher recently called him. Unfortunately, shes been dead for quite some time.. So, who knows what these nut jobs will try, or say next.

It hugely depends on what you think bear arms means. Certain states have regulations on the types of arms you have access to as well what it takes to acquire a gun or hold a gun (open carry versus concealed). There is a difference in what it takes to acquire ammo. The entirety of the second amendment is built around having the general public having access to a well regulated militia that can fight back against a corrupt government. If you take a real good reading at the text and what the US has when it comes to weaponry, we should probably all have nukes, or at least tanks or smth.
The second amendment is a piece of shit document.
Study constitutional law if you're interested in this comment or shoot me a pm I guess. Not going to devote more to this convo than I already have on this shit show of a site lmao.

They should be able to buy tanks and F35s to keep in their garage.
Dont like a neighbour? Well you dont have to see them anymore :D

I am not from U.S., but I believe it is as @Ayden said. The 2nd Amendment seems to be originally have been thought as a right for people to bear the weapons required to overthrown the Goverment, as a way to "keep it on its toes".

Since that original meaning isn't so easily translated to our times (think about digital warfare, drones, chemical weapons, etc.) the amendment is instead taken as a right to have some guns. Due to the federative nature of the U.S., each state legislate that right in a different way, including the acess to gunfire weapons and their ammunition.

I am not from U.S., but I believe it is as @Ayden said. The 2nd Amendment seems to be originally have been thought as a right for people to bear the weapons required to overthrown the Goverment, as a way to "keep it on its toes".

Since that original meaning isn't so easily translated to our times (think about digital warfare, drones, chemical weapons, etc.) the amendment is instead taken as a right to have some guns. Due to the federative nature of the U.S., each state legislate that right in a different way, including the acess to gunfire weapons and their ammunition.
Yep this is a reasonable interpretation.

The second amendment was written to secure the rights of a militia to arm themselves because at the time, the idea of a standing national army was still kinda weird and uncomfortable for alot of people. Remember that maintaining a standing army in times of peace was one of the colonists complaints against the king.

Despite the Walmart commandos claim otherwise, it has very little/nothing to do with being armed to fight off the government and more to do with keeping men ready to fight off other countries and slave uprisings (which is mostly what they were used for) because during the 1700s feeding and housing an army that wasnt actively at war was seen as an expense most countries couldnt justify. Better to have some local militias who did the work of securing the frontier and policing the provinces that they could call up if things got hairy with the French.

It gets changed state by state because for better or worse, as @Eleannor said, we have a pretty federalist approach to these things. For example Texas, where I live, a gun owner can openly carry any legally purchased firearm they like. That right doesnt extend to any of our neighboring states. We're also pretty lenient about carrying firearms with licenses from other states, where other states might prefer you have a license from their particular state to carry.

State to state, the biggest difference you'll find is how easy it is to get a firearm, rather than whether or not you can get one. I could walk to the local supermarket and walk out with a gun in less time than it will take most of you to read this thread. But thats largely because of where I live. If I lived in California, it would take 10-14 days as they have a wait period. Another example, in Georgia (we have a state named Georgia, not to be confused with the country) theres no wait time to buy a gun but there is a 60 day wait time to be licensed to carry one.

So yea, how the 2nd amendment is interpreted changes state to state but the amendment itself is not altered state to state. This is true of damned near every amendment, for the record. Search and seizure laws, free association, "excessive" bail, habeus corpus rules, etc all vary from state to state and even vary from time to time (or hell, they vary depending on the income of the individual in question)

you ask here of all places?
meh, just wondering if it was a yes or a no answer. Y’all can lock it if ya want, but it depends on the admins want this conversation to continue or not.

Not going away any more than the 1st. No matter how much Maxine Waters wants it.
From what I understand Maxine Waters is the Sheila Jackson Lee of California.
Some (in)famous SheJack quotes.
“Today we have two Vietnams side by side, North and South...”
“Don’t condemn the gangbangers, that got guns that are trafficked...why? Because we don’t have sensible gun legislation.”
“Homicide is the leading cause of murder...”

One of my personal favorites “will the Mars rover show the flag the astronauts planted there before?” LMAO!!

I really could go on and on with SheJack nuggets of wisdom.

Why people continue to re-elect them truly befuddles me.

/cheers

Users who are viewing this thread