Sneaky's Guide to Rumsey Rum Black Label

Sneaky

Legend
Hello everyone. This is my guide to obtaining Rumsey Rum Black Label, not just for new players, but for everyone in case you can learn something you didn't know.

Contents
  • Introduction
  • Why should I use it?
  • Obtaining it
  • Conclusion

Introduction

Rumsey Rum Black Label is the strongest amongst its brothers (Rumsey Rum Light, Rumsey Rum, Rumsey Rum Dark); it grants 15 stamina to the wearer and does not stack with food buffs. It also acts like other medium strength alcoholic beverages by getting you a little tipsy when you drink it, and it can get you completely smashed if you spam it on yourself. As most of us know, it is a low level PvP staple and from since the very early days of TBC, it has been used, especially amongst twinks. Therefore, it is necessary to have if you want to be decent (at the very least) in twink BG's, which we know are very competitive. Some people have no knowledge at all about the ease in obtaining it, while some people know all about it. This guide is to help those people who don't know too much about it, while offering some information that may be of use to those people that are already familiar. Everyone is/was a noob at some point, and we all had to learn to get where we are now.

Why should I use it?

Think of Rumsey Rum Black Label as a piece of enchant to your leg armor that grants 15 stamina. In order to be BiS (Best in Slot) or to gear up the best you can, you need this 15 stamina enchant, and you need it to always be on. Let's say you were a warrior, without this enchant, and you were fighting another warrior that was exactly the same as you (race, gear, etc.), but he had the enchant. In theory, he would win the fight because the 15 stamina gave him the extra edge in the fight. Therefore, in order to match the other twinks who always have Rumsey up, you need to also have Rumsey up all the time. Don't think of it as a consumable, or a buff. Think of it as enchant that you need to renew every 15 minutes or every death. The extra health gained by Rumsey can be the difference between you dying and staying alive, which can translate to a flag return or a flag capture, which we all know can be the difference between a win or a defeat. For those trying to FC, Rumsey is a must (if you don't know this, you shouldn't be FC'ing anyways lol). It is also worthy to note that people who spec protection or go in bear form get increased health from Rumsey because of their passive health increase (for example, a prot warrior would gain 17.5 stamina from Rumsey because of his 15% increased stamina bonus).

As a rogue, I can attest that I have been under 150 hp many times, at the very brink of death, and I know that if I didn't have Rumsey on, I would've been dead. I'll pop a quote from Saxx - "survival is key, u are no use dead..." - a very true statement.

Obtaining it

The two most known ways of obtaining Rumsey Rum Black Label is to either fish it up, or buy it from a certain vendor. The chance to get it by fishing is very low, and I wouldn't recommend it at all, even if you were a f2p character (please know that if you are an f2p character, you cannot buy it from the vendor, so you're pretty much stuck without it). So I will go on to the second way, which most people know.

The vendor which sells the rum is Barkeep Kelly. He is found in OLD Hillsbrad Foothills, a TBC instance. This is how you get to him:

1. Go to the Caverns of Time

2. Enter the Old Hillsbrad Foothills portal (you must be level 66)

3. Go to the Inn in Old Southshore

4. Go to Barkeep Kelly and buy your rum.

However, I find that written instructions are rather difficult for people to follow, so I made a video, which is basically a complete guide to getting the Rum (so please watch it, and don't skip over it) .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZroWSwWzKA

(1080p is available so please watch it in HD!)

Also I know there's a 7 second period in the video where there is a black screen; this happened when I was rendering the video (after all the editing) and I did not know of a way to fix it (don't worry about it - you don't miss anything).

The video is really the meat of this guide, but I'll note a few things:

- The Caverns of Time portal is the easiest way to get to there, but you can fly to Gadgetzan and then go to CoT.

- You must be level 66 to enter the instance, and (unlike before) you do not need to do a pre-requisite quest in order to enter the instance.

- It costs 2 silver by default (I believe the guild perk - Bartering - drops this to 1 silver & 80 copper).

- You need to be friendly in order to open the portable guild vault (level 11 guild perk) so if you're not at least friendly, or if your guild vault is not for holding Rumsey Rum (some people are not in twink guilds, so why would you deposit your rum in there (unless it's your personal guild bank)?), then the guild vault option is not for you.

- In this case, you would have to go with the portable mailbox option (MOLL-E) which requires that the character be of an engineering skill of 425, or neither of those two. This final option is the worst, which is where you fill your bags with the rum and go back to town and mail it.

- The macro (to buy a stack of 10 of the rum) used in the video is Pizza's, and since he had no problem in sharing it, I'll give it to you -

Code:
#showtooltip Rumsey Rum Black Label

/run BuyMerchantItem(5,10);

One final thing for this section - storing it. If you are keeping it in a guild vault, there is no problem. However, for those mailing it or whatever, to store so much rum would mean you'd need very large bags and the 26 slot bags go for like 2.5k each on my server. Fear not, this isn't necessary. As the rum can be fished up, this means that it can be placed in the 36 slot fishing bag, which is the Lure Master Tackle Box. They are usually cheap (even though the mats are expensive) because engineers have to make these in order to level engineering, and the supply > demand, so they are found cheap in the AH. I keep 4 in my personal bank, and one on me at all times.

Conclusion

In summary, Rumsey Rum Black Label is necessary for anyone who wants to call themselves twinks. There are some people like rogues or warriors who don't use them, which doesn't mean they're bad (because they do pop them when they grab the flag) - it just means they don't really need it, or they're simply out of rum, you'll probably see this quote from Jack Sparrow alot - "Why is the rum always gone?". I have personally never been out of rum, as I always refresh my supply.

Here is how your bank and bags should look after you've gotten your rum (I don't use guild vault, I use personal bank):

WoWScrnShot_122811_144729.jpg

Enjoy your rum and remember to drink responsibly.

Disclaimer: I am in no way responsible for promoting the use of alcohol, or its side effects. Excessive use of Rumsey Rum may result in damage to liver - for more information please see your local priest.

Thanks to: Mrcer for his suggestion to make this guide, and Pìzza for his amazing macro.

Also remember to hit "Like This" if you liked this guide and feel free to like/comment on my video on YouTube.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you value your appearance over your stats? Afraid of losing those tight elven curves or six-pack abs from excessive drinking? Try ALL NEW [item]Rumsey Rum Light[/item]. Same great taste, one third of the calories.

But really, great guide. I had no idea about the fishing bag trick.

That was quick. Grats!

this is embarrassing;

One final thing for this section - storing it. If you are keeping it in a guild vault, there is no problem. However, for those mailing it or whatever, to store so much rum would mean you'd need very large bags and the 26 slot bags go for like 2.5k each on my server. Fear not, this isn't necessary. As the rum can be fished up, this means that it can be placed in the 36 slot fishing bag, which is the Lure Master Tackle Box. They are usually cheap (even though the mats are expensive) because engineers have to make these in order to level engineering, and the supply > demand, so they are found cheap in the AH. I keep 4 in my personal bank, and one on me at all times.

This is something that truly impressed me. I had no idea about this. Very clever idea for twinks. Two thumbs up for this guide.

Nice guide and gratz to Hithere who got ambassador.
<

grats 2 ur friend who got ambassador.

Never knew you could get so much detail into a guide about rumsey rum black label
<
, Never nice work and easy to understand.

That is irrelevant! Anyone who plays a huntard shouldn't doesnt care about anyone but themselves. or else they wouldnt play a class that ruined the 19 bracket.

(Sterotype)

That is irrelevant! Anyone who plays a huntard shouldn't doesnt care about anyone but themselves. or else they wouldnt play a class that ruined the 19 bracket.

(Sterotype)

Not my problem;blizzard made them that way. They were never that op back in the later days. I do care about others beside myself so your case is incorrect.

u care about me then? :3

Users who are viewing this thread