SMF Fury Warrior: Progress Thread

Bimlo

Hi all, my wife and I are going to be joining BGs soon. The current plan is Fury/HPriest but I had another combo that looks interesting, which we might test out later. I’m going to use this thread to update on my Warrior’s progress; discussing things I have tested and various ideas. I always found it interesting when others have done this, but it gets too “dear diary” I’ll likely scrap it. Hopefully people enjoy!

Class
Yes, Warrior. I've played it before but I'm no expert, and that is part of the fun. Watching PvP videos, checking Icy Veins, trying to adapt it to 20. I'm going to start from the beginning and see where it goes.

Build
SMF, roughly
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/pozzo-delleternità/lasha
with a little Sallya, 35% haste is the goal.
Will swap to Vibro if I get lucky
Heavy Haste>Crit>Vers=Mast is the plan

Talents
Current plan is Sudden Death and Bloodrage. I might move Sudden Death to War Machine as it procs constantly and I feel like 20 Warrior might be raged starved... we'll see.

Race
DID if I can unlock it, otherwise normal Dwarf. Starting off as Horde, gifted myself the faction change when it was cheap. Hoping I can cash in on another chance at epics like https://www.wowhead.com/item=113408/grekas-dentures

Before that faction change… it’s Cudgel time. Here are my rerolls so far:
blue
green
blue
green
green
green
green
green
green
green
blue
green
green
green
green
blue
green

I expect it to be around 40-80 and will update as they happen. Doing one a night, takes about 1.5 hrs per roll.

Last edited:
I would prolly run dragonling + a stat stick trinket and have a Daelo I could swap to off cd. I would also stack speed on all items where possible as warriors rly do like that.

DID if I can unlock it, otherwise normal Dwarf.
thats the spirit!

Looks like the armory you've chosen to emulate is a good one. I'm gonna assume Lasha is a reference to Talakhadze and that the person behind it therefore damn cool.

And dont listen to the naysayers. Yea, theyre technically right that epic cudgel isnt worth re-rolling for from a performance standpoint. But it is from a swag standpoint. So go get it!

My only recommendation would be to ever so slightly adjust the stat prio youre working with. Vers is really quite a good stat for warriors, given that Ignore Pain scales with it (not exceptionally well, but still) allowing you to "double dip" in damage reduction but that damage output increase makes those dual crusader procs even more valuable. So I'd maybe equate vers and crit in your prio, rather than seek crit over vers (and just outright ignore mastery). Also think you should run Sudden Death over Fresh Meat. You're going to (ironically) need the rage.

Look forward to seeing how this goes, man! Keep us updated.

Rerolling for purple cudgel over blue is absolutely not worth it performance-wise. But best of luck to you if you're gonna go for it anyways.
Ty for the info but your epic cudgel looks too good not to! I'm going to post SS of tooltips with all 3, so people can see. For what it's worth on a full BoA set... maybe not too helpful not sure.
I would prolly run dragonling + a stat stick trinket and have a Daelo I could swap to off cd. I would also stack speed on all items where possible as warriors rly do like that.
Interesting, yea I'm def torn between Dragon, other trinkets, ENG helm or the free charge one. Strength proc stuff seems important.
Also think you should run Sudden Death over Fresh Meat. You're going to (ironically) need the rage.
Thanks! I updated post with my talent thoughts but good to know I'm on track.

Rerolling for purple cudgel over blue is absolutely not worth it performance-wise. But best of luck to you if you're gonna go for it anyways.

But dude, it's EPIC.

...That's always cooler than not epic.

Ty for the info but your epic cudgel looks too good not to!
gigachad.jpg

I reset for purple cudgels on my shaman and rogue. It was not fun. In the future I'd just take a blue and try my luck getting epic procs on some of the WoD quest/world trinkets
I hope you tried for headcracker too on agi class if you’re Horde. I lucked out for once and got a epic cudgel on my already geared warrior.

I hope you tried for headcracker too on agi class if you’re Horde. I lucked out for once and got a epic cudgel on my already geared warrior.

I was trying for an epic Mok's or an epic cudgel. Saw two cudgels, zero Mok's. Weird luck.

Probably only (COPIUM) took me like 20 resets each, but that was still such a big time investment. I don't know what I was thinking. 50 hours remaking and deleting characters? Jesus. I was waiting for my sub to expire but still.

Ty for the info but your epic cudgel looks too good not to!
The swag is nice, but I lucked out and got it first try and never would have done rerolls for it. My warrior was made during WoD in 2015 and at this point I'm pretty attached to it. I just lucked out and went 1/1 on epic cudgel. I don't even play fury most of the time lol.

it’s Cudgel time. Here are my rerolls

I hope you're at least running through the easy items too when you get a blue to see if you get a couple good procs (grekas and such) cuz a blue cudgel with a bunch of other procs is gonna be sweeter than an epic one with none. :kms:

Users who are viewing this thread