US Skill Ratio back to back TC Champions!

Pizza

2014, 2015, & 2018 TC Champ
Founder
Howdy everyone. After having multiple players on my team begging me to make a Twink Cup reflections post for Skill Ratio - here it is.

ci4BIVQ.jpg

First off, I'd like to give some shout outs and praise to the two people who really made this tournament what it was:

Myrm
I can't thank you enough for everything you've done related to the Twink Cup and the 19 bracket as a whole. It's amazing how much time and effort you put in. Without you the Twink Cup wouldn't exist. You're the best thing to ever happen to the 19 bracket. I really mean that. Thank you.

HB
It's simply amazing what you did. You led a team, hosted the main stream for the Twink Cup, and helped manage everything behind the scenes. You're an amazing leader, community activist, and person. I got a lot of love for you Chase.

Shout outs to teams:

WFS
My favorite team in the tournament outside of my own. Mutando, it's simply amazing what you were able to do with your team. The majority of my team wanted you guys to win if we didn't win. Although you got knocked out early, in my opinion you guys were one of the top three teams in the tournament.

GSC
My whole team agreed that your team was the toughest team we faced in the tournament - followed by WFS. It was unbelievable the fight you guys put up in our series. I was literally telling my team that in order to beat you guys we'll have to out strat your team because beating your team in mid was not a viable option. The Finals for us was against you guys. We knew once we beat you, the Cup was ours.

Shout out to the haters:

I decided to make a montage comprised of all the negative comments and excuses that were made in the Twitch chat while my team was competing. Pretty shocking stuff was said.

:mad: http://i.imgur.com/oOahEN9.jpg :mad:

It's crazy how almost the entire bracket wanted my team to lose. The community as a whole for the most part was hateful, disrespectful, immature, and biased towards my team. My team was the scapegoat for everything that went wrong and the punching bag for everyone to take their anger out on.

Shout out to my team and fans:

Team
I can't put into words how much it means that you guys put up with my nonsense and put your trust in me. After I got done screaming after James put the third flag into the cap to win us the Championship - I literally started crying. Just thinking about all the negativity you guys put up with sticking with me for all these years. Thinking of all the work you guys put in. Just hearing/seeing you guys so happy. Man, that is what I play 19s for. You guys make it what it is. I literally have tears in my eyes writing this. You guys mean the world to me, really.

Fans
I love seeing you guys cheer us on. I love receiving whispers from you wishing us luck and congratulating us when we win series, ect. It means more than you know. I can't thank you all enough.

Thanks again to everyone who played, commentated, and watched the tournament. It was a blast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1ef20zbq5M

Back to back TWINK CUP CHAMPS BABY!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
#GauntletRatio

Couldnt have asked for a better group of people to persevere through 8 months of hard work with. No other team comes close to the bond we forged.

love you all

Congratulations again Pizza, one thing you should note is that ALL twitch chat is biased and disrespectful.

Shout out to the haters:

I decided to make a montage comprised of all the negative comments and excuses that were made in the Twitch chat while my team was competing. Pretty shocking stuff was said.

It's crazy how almost the entire bracket wanted my team to lose. The community as a whole for the most part was hateful, disrespectful, immature, and biased towards my team. My team was the scapegoat for everything that went wrong and the punching bag for everyone to take their anger out on.
[MENTION=65]Pizza[/MENTION]
After going back and watching the games the next day, I apologize for my small portion of the raging about the score of that first game vs GSC in the LB Finals.
Too many games in one day, it was late AF, series were running together, and I could have sworn that GSC took a 2-0 lead in that first game, and then you guys pulled one cap back with about 3 minutes left, and then almost got another cap right before the end of the game, but did not. Unfortunately, I was thinking of a completely different game. After realizing my mistake, I felt like a terrible person and yeah. Sorry

Congratulations for sure. Well deserved. Off topic a sec. You're a great leader no one can argue against that. Part of the community dislikes you because in reality, you queuing premades against pugs discourages new twinks trying out the bracket. Especially when you're GY "containing" I think it's funny and it doesn't bother me. I'd prefer being "contained" then to not see any queues pop. I'm sure its fun is some type of way. Not trying to start anything just stating why I think you have a lot of haters from my perspective. Then again what you do in the gulch lures people to want to play with you instead of against you. Anyway congratulations on a great series of games. They were an enjoyment to watch and look forward to being graced by your presence in the gulch lol. 3 peat?

I really don't know what you expect. You and your guild acts the way it does and then feels like it's unfair to get negative responses? Besides twitch chat always being like that (the mob mentality), viewers were expressing their frustration as they also waited 5 hours, including 2 hours for the finals. Messages congratulating the other team for winning is hardly negative towards you.

Specifically this:
The community as a whole for the most part was hateful, disrespectful, immature, and biased

I'm sure quite a few people would say the same for your guild to other teams/players. General forum comments, and of course leading up to the tourney, when Kevi was in your guild skype call because you didn't realize he was on our team. We know about things were said, and we never brought them up or referenced them, because it's what we came to expect.

I say this as one of the least negative towards you from JCM. To me I expected this from 19, this kind of behaviour so it didn't really phase me. I don't personally blame you guys for the wait after the first game, you were doing what you needed to for your team, my issue was always with the organizers/admin for that. You were also very supportive when Kevi was having issues, and I was thankful for that.

Also in case it comes up, I removed you from real id because of the bnet statuses you were making concerning the grand finals. It's just easier than getting into any kind of argument.

Congratz on your win and gl in the future. Rumor is you guys are coming to 39s, that'll be cool.

JCM are the actual winners of the twink cup. Lol I don't know why you expected anything else from twitch. Chewie acts like a child on the forums and is rude to everyone that disagrees with his opinion, and you guys are all so cocky. There's also the fact you delayed the matches against JCM, which in turn ended up giving you an easier chance to win as they had been up for 24 hours straight.

SR had been up as long as us. They were our first match that day. The only difference is that we had an EU player, who logged on at 1am to start, and didn't finish until past noon, and the fact that SR had been constantly playing while we had to sit on our butts for 5 hours between matches. If we'd known ahead of time it would have been that long, we would've told people to get some sleep, because that wait doing nothing seriously destroys your mentality, especially if it's 4-5 am in the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread