1. Hey Guest! We would appreciate it if you took the time to follow our new Twitter Account, the staff is working hard to make it a central hub for the latest news and content from XPOFF so through us a follow @ https://twitter.com/xpoff_website
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hello Guest! Along with allowing public access to the over 800,000 messages on the Twinkinfo.com Archive, we've also now enabled posting so users are free to reminisce and reflect together on our collective history. Threads that are made active once more will be moved outside of the Archive and into a more recent sub-forum. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice

Site Updates

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Arkte, Sep 5, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Arkte

Arkte Head Administrator

I would like to take the time to outline a number of updates/changes I've made to the site today. Some are structural, while others are merely aesthetic.

We now have a new staff role on the site - Coordinator. "Coordinators" are basically community leaders over a specific bracket. Conq could probably articulate their purpose and duties much better than myself (I'm just the tech guy :p) and likely he will in the near future, I'll have him make a post about it. One important thing to be noted here is that, while Coordinators are listed as site staff, they are not mods or admins, and will not be responsible for performing staff-related duties. If you have a concern that needs to be brought to staff's attention, please make sure you're following the proper channels. Currently we have @Blackberryy as our 70-79 Coordinator, @Warlord Daboo as our 10-19 Coordinator, and @Burg has stepped down from the Moderator team to be our 20-29 Coordinator. Spots are still available for other bracket coordinators, and anyone may feel free to contact Conq or myself if they are interested in this position; however please keep in mind that there is no application process for Coordinators, as we will be hand selecting them ourselves.

The "Contributor" role has now been renamed to "Royal Member". This role can be obtained in 2 ways: donating $10 or more to the site, and through the currency system I've recently created and written in to my bot on the Discord server. Royal Members will gain access to the Royal Lounge, and will now also be permitted to upload GIF avatars!

Unfortunately, much like our arena ladder, our badge system addon is abandoned and no longer maintained, and as a result of that it no longer works properly. Pre-existing badges have stayed in place, but they cannot be edited in any way, nor can new ones be created. Fortunately (after a lot of tweaking and painful testing), I was able to find a few work-arounds to this, and have made a couple of minor changes to our (broken) badge system. Administrators, Moderators, and Coordinators alike are all listed as "Staff" under the badge tooltip, rather than their repective titles. Mods and Coords have the silver Staff badge, while Admins have the gold Staff badge (Which actually shows as "Staff*", for purposes of differentiation in the databases' role list). Staff, as well as other user groups on the site will now be distinguished by their username colors, and it is likely that we will be doing away with our broken badge system altogether in the very near future, as it is causing many complications. I know this may upset some of you (especially the TC champs), but sadly there's not much we can do about that until we're able to find a workable solution.

Username colors have also been updated, and below you will find a complete list of those groups, in hierarchical order, with their corresponding colors:

Head Administrator
    Administrator
    Head Moderator
    Coordinator
    Server Staff
    Founder
    Grandfathered
    Veteran
    Royal Member

Lionsfury, ShinyHero, Fael and 3 others like this.
  2. Conq

Conq Project Coordinator

tumblr_mki9m7ZNDk1qaxo2mo1_400.gif

Kasend, Sketchbag and Hashbrowns like this.
  3. Conq

Conq Project Coordinator

I've also just re-activated the Events tab!

Sketchbag likes this.
  4. Zeiren

Zeiren Head Moderator

Welcome aboard to those that took up the Coordinator role : )

[​IMG]

Well, as unfortunate as this is, I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen the admins vent their frustration over this broken and abandoned addon. It's caused too many complications on the site and should go. Players will at least get to keep their respective colors until a solution or alternative system emerges.

Sketchbag and Conq like this.
  5. OP
    Arkte

Arkte Head Administrator

To compensate for the time being, I could offer TC champs their own username color of their choice, which they would have to decide among themselves.

Fael, Sketchbag and Zeiren like this.
  6. Sketchbag

Sketchbag OVOXO

Smells like a poll to me!

Conq likes this.
  7. Conq

Conq Project Coordinator

Also remember folks The Royal Lounge is an area of the website that is almost entirely moderation free (except things that are of particular issue -CP/Snuff/Doxxing/etc-)

8. Conq

Conq Project Coordinator

[​IMG]

Zeiren and Sketchbag like this.
  9. Conq

Conq Project Coordinator

More Updates: Former Twinkinfo Moderator @Roboartist has joined the team as a Moderator and a Graphics Designer, this will do wonders for our ability to promote XPOFF content and it's users content as well as filling the void @Burg left when transitioning to Coordinator.

Also: If you have a colored user name on the website but its now white you can change it under preferences [​IMG]
    https://gyazo.com/e78a1841c0c021a9329207de21c3c6dd

Asimiir, Sketchbag and Roboartist like this.
  10. Fael

Fael Believer

big changes yo

11. partygirl

partygirl Toxic

Coolbeanz

12. Stabilt

Stabilt Member

give me a black name

ShinyHero likes this.
  13. Allybeboba

Allybeboba Veteran

Ill take mine in diamonds with sparkles.

14. Conq

Conq Project Coordinator