Singing Crystal Axe?

Outofspace

Sogeking / Deeps
Singing Crystal Axe Anyone have any experience using one of these? I'm looking at the version that gives 17.2 DPS and has the +309 Haste proc. It oddly requires level 71, but has a 100 ilevel but there's also a slightly lower ilevel one that 70s may use. The freshest comment I could find on it was circa 2014 and it looks like people are getting them from some Garrison shenanigans, which would make sense as to why they keep popping up on the AH. However I don't have any new info on proc rates or anything, wondering if anyone has used it? I'd be giving up somewhere around 120+ good stats for the proc, seems like a stretch, but maybe the proc rate is insane? Also it's going for like 46k, which is one reason I'm asking at all.

I'm pretty sure they nerfed the garrison salvage crate drops ages ago, so I doubt you can still get it from those. Looks like a random TBC raid trash drop.

The proc is massive - 309 haste will be similar, if not better, than Bloodlust. That said, losing all of a 2-hander's stats (str/agi, stam and secondaries + 3 sockets) is too much of a drawback imo.

edit: the reason it's going for so much is imo transmog - it's a unique and quite nice look.

Singing Crystal Axe Anyone have any experience using one of these? I'm looking at the version that gives 17.2 DPS and has the +309 Haste proc. It oddly requires level 71, but has a 100 ilevel but there's also a slightly lower ilevel one that 70s may use. The freshest comment I could find on it was circa 2014 and it looks like people are getting them from some Garrison shenanigans, which would make sense as to why they keep popping up on the AH. However I don't have any new info on proc rates or anything, wondering if anyone has used it? I'd be giving up somewhere around 120+ good stats for the proc, seems like a stretch, but maybe the proc rate is insane? Also it's going for like 46k, which is one reason I'm asking at all.
Post 7.3.5 blizzard introduced scaleing systems, the scaleing applied to epic tbc items were as follows. Weapons and shields were 66-71-76 and all else was now 65-70- 75. The original versions of these tbc items including the singing crystal axe at level 70 prescaleing is actually now worse then even the 66 version post scaleing changes. This being said, the 66 version is actually an insanely great weapon for pve at 70, as stated before it is every better than the older 70 version. Hopefully this answers your questions. I’d also like to add that I would hold out for the level 76 scaled version since it is better. Anymore questions on the subject feel free to ask, I did extensive testing in legion on this
[doublepost=1545687213,1545687007][/doublepost]On top of this I’d like to add that the items other than weapons and shields from the tbc world epics have been seen dropping at 80 as well

Thanks for the great sleuthing and advice. I'm wondering about the lvl 76 one though because on Wowhead you can clearly pick between what seems like all the different scaled version of it, and the ilevel doesn't go higher than 100, even though there are three versions that show 100. Seems like it doesn't scale past that. It definitely could be a Wowhead issue though.

Thanks for the great sleuthing and advice. I'm wondering about the lvl 76 one though because on Wowhead you can clearly pick between what seems like all the different scaled version of it, and the ilevel doesn't go higher than 100, even though there are three versions that show 100. Seems like it doesn't scale past that. It definitely could be a Wowhead issue though.
It is not, the newly scaled ones Ilvl at 71 is 100, and the Ilvl of base 80 gear is mostly 100. It is no bug, just new scaleing by blizzard. And I can 100% confirm that they drop in intervals of 5, weapons and shields being 66-71-76
[doublepost=1545697901,1545697854][/doublepost]Look at my rogues level 70 scaled Edward the odd vs the original 80 version for example, no stat change at all also no Ilvl change, they are both 100 with only a level req separating them. But since it’s a wotlk item scaleing down, at 65 it loses stats. But being a tbc item scaleing up (singing crystal) it’s stats will significantly increase upwards. Also I would take wow heads scaleing info at 70 with a grain of salt. Some is right but when it comes to stuff like this they are clueless

It is not, the newly scaled ones Ilvl at 71 is 100, and the Ilvl of base 80 gear is mostly 100. It is no bug, just new scaleing by blizzard. And I can 100% confirm that they drop in intervals of 5, weapons and shields being 66-71-76
[doublepost=1545697901,1545697854][/doublepost]Look at my rogues level 70 scaled Edward the odd vs the original 80 version for example, no stat change at all also no Ilvl change, they are both 100 with only a level req separating them. But since it’s a wotlk item scaleing down, at 65 it loses stats. But being a tbc item scaleing up (singing crystal) it’s stats will significantly increase upwards. Also I would take wow heads scaleing info at 70 with a grain of salt. Some is right but when it comes to stuff like this they are clueless
Thanks for the clarification, I needed it lol. I'm with you now though and I'm imagining that the 76 has a higher dps and proc. If it scaled, that would make it BiS...

Thanks for the clarification, I needed it lol. I'm with you now though and I'm imagining that the 76 has a higher dps and proc. If it scaled, that would make it BiS...
yessir,
4eceb8ad655eb606b6b4cd61aca7d582.png

https://gyazo.com/4eceb8ad655eb606b6b4cd61aca7d582

the weap you are looking for is available in US-Tichon AH .. 70, 71, 76 .. all around 17k each

the 70 version is no good

i am not sure .. the OP said its 40+k .. happens to see an AH selling cheaper so just let him knows .. anyway, if my guess is correct, this weapon with a 10 sec proc will have a 0.92 proc per min rate, if only it is primary stat or attack power proc, i would be interested in it
[doublepost=1545717712,1545717549][/doublepost]saw another one on US-Proudmoore AH .. this one is a lvl66 ilvl86 .. going for 20k

i am not sure .. the OP said its 40+k .. happens to see an AH selling cheaper so just let him knows .. anyway, if my guess is correct, this weapon with a 10 sec proc will have a 0.92 proc per min rate, if only it is primary stat or attack power proc, i would be interested in it
[doublepost=1545717712,1545717549][/doublepost]saw another one on US-Proudmoore AH .. this one is a lvl66 ilvl86 .. going for 20k
it has no icd and has way more than .92 ppm, i get 60% uptime on single target as fury

it has no icd and has way more than .92 ppm, i get 60% uptime on single target as fury

60% uptime is a long time .. meaning if you are fighting for a minute, 36 second you have this effect on ? thats almost 2.4 proc per min !!!
[doublepost=1545719577,1545718950][/doublepost]thinking back .. it is possible .. i was testing out Hemet's Heartseeker couple of days ago .. and was pleasantly surprise that it proc a few times within a min too .. at first i thought something was wrong, but it proc like nobody's business, now that you mention this, it makes sense

Users who are viewing this thread