EU+US Should We Wait Until lvl20 B4 Starting the Quests

What is the most efficient way to reroll a f2p? It seems that we should kill mobs until reaching lvl15 then do dungeons until we reach lvl20 before starting any quests since the awarded gear scales to your lvl. But are there any quest chains that do not award gear and can be started before we reach lvl20?

What is the most efficient way to reroll a f2p? It seems that we should kill mobs until reaching lvl15 then do dungeons until we reach lvl20 before starting any quests since the rewarded gear scales to your lvl. But are there any quest chains that do not reward gear and can be started before we reach lvl20?
What I've found are alot of the lower level quests don't really award optimal gear, so I usually premeditate which quests contain gear for the way I want to build my character. Utilizing the wowhead item search you can look up items that can be obtained 1-20 through quests, and the stats you want the gear to have. But doing dungeons from 15+ is definitely nice, just don't turn the quest in until 20.

What I've found are alot of the lower level quests don't really award optimal gear, so I usually premeditate which quests contain gear for the way I want to build my character. Utilizing the wowhead item search you can look up items that can be obtained 1-20 through quests, and the stats you want the gear to have. But doing dungeons from 15+ is definitely nice, just don't turn the quest in until 20.
Probably depends on quests and dungeons, but if you do them early, you might miss out on upgrades. If you're not f2p, this is likely not to matter (just level up quickly; you'll replace gear anyway), but with new alts I now just grind (explore, kill mobs) to level 5, get experience/gold from professions 5 - 10, dailies from 10 - 20 (pretty quick levelling), then quest/dungeon when level 20. If I can get somewhere with a decent gold 'sink' (e.g. Outland engineering stuff), I flip between quests and buying high AH value 200-stack items with the quest cash.
IMHO, dungeons (once level 20) give the best wearable gear unless you really hunt down and farm rares, but my weapons tend to have come from quests and rares. But a relative newbie to dungeons, and have only dipped a toe or so in systematically hunting rares.
There's a good f2p gear guide published in the f2p thread of this forum that's pointed the way I'm planning to go next, in particular to optimise weaponry.

There are only a few quest epics that are worth worrying about and most of those are real deep into quest chains. You’re not gonna accidentally miss one on your way to 15.

once you hit 15, just run a couple dungeons to hit 20 and then go about trying to get your epic. Good luck and don’t sweat it if you don’t get it. You’re gonna replace it in a month or two anyway

From my poor experience - only epic stuff worth keeping is "main stat + versatility only pieces" or weapons.
Others will be exchanged for bg box equipment.
In terms of weapons - always use higher DPS one (purples are BiS). Don't mind stats

What is the most efficient way to reroll a f2p? It seems that we should kill mobs until reaching lvl15 then do dungeons until we reach lvl20 before starting any quests since the awarded gear scales to your lvl. But are there any quest chains that do not award gear and can be started before we reach lvl20?
Remember to turn on warmode in Main city as you hit lvl 20. I've been playing mine for two weeks and I've gotten 4 epics that upgraded from blues with warmode on. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/doomhammer/dietsoda only two equipped atm , but gives you an idea of a pretty new f2p gearing up.

Users who are viewing this thread