SHOCKADIN PvP BUILD. 110-120

Bakedaflol

The Arthritic Arch-Druid
Keep in mind that this isn't mainly a build focused on choosing the strongest choices for a healer. but choosing a reasonable way to do viable dmg as a hybrid Healer/Dps.

Azerite Armor Traits

Azeroth Armor traits are one of the main factors of making this Shock build work.
The build through the entire guide will be focused on making Holy Shock as strong and available as possible.

• [Helm of Abyssal Malevolence] - Vol'zith the whisperer - Shrine of The Storm
- [Radiant inascendence]
- [Overwhelming Power] or [On my way]
- [Azerite Fortification]
  • [Skyscorcher Pauldrons] - Mogul Razdunk - The MOTHERLODE!!!
-[Radiant inascendence]
-[Unstable Flames]
-[Gemhide]
  • [Ashvane Warden's Cuirass] - Overseer Korgus - Tol Dagor
-[Radiant inascendence]
-[Unstable Flames]
- [Longstrider]

Stat Priority.
  • Stack Crit to 15%+ (45% + crit on Holy Shock) > Haste > Versa
The reason I only feel the need to stack 15% crit is because Holy Shock already has an increased 30% chance to crit. I feel like not overstacking crit and focus more on getting haste to give my abilities and rotation a smoother pace. And to focus more availability on Holy Shock.

Versa is just a strong stat overall. Though its not necessary imo to stack it high, its a flat dmg/healing increase per point + dmg reduction off half of that.
lines well as an off-stat less prioritized than the other two, and is a good stat to prioritize on the side.

Talents.
  • lvl 15: [Crusader's Might] is the only dmg choice worth picking.
  • lvl 30: [Cavalier] is my most favored talent as Shockadin... Since mobility is always a strong trait when dealing dmg. Though as a Healer I usually always play [Unbreakable Spirit], I still think [Cavalier] is strong for this kinda thing.
  • lvl 45: [Devotion Aura] is my prefferred choice always.
  • lvl 75: [Holy Avenger] for 30% haste. Holy Paladins stack well with Haste. More than ever after the changes to global cd.
  • lvl 90: Personally I do not like using [Avenging Crusader], so early in BFA... Because it seems that it's an ability that scale better with gear, and will be stronger when I get more haste. (Will be updated.)
[Sanctified Wrath] is my favorite choice, due to the availability in Holy Shock, and the fact that I do not have to melee range to do my strongest dmg.
  • lvl 100: I use [Divine Purpose]. Mainly because it is the only talent of this row, that actually affects your damage... And the proc rate is really decent with a build that focuses on making [Holy Shock] as available as possible.

Honor Talents.
My favorite choices:
  • [Hallowed Ground] - Because [Concecration] is now on a 4 sec cd now in BFA. And will be nice vs for example Mages where you wanna hold freedoms to only necessary situations.(Due to Spellsteal ofc)
  • [Blessed Hands] - Double sac, BoP, Freedom... Why would you not choose it? Mandatory most of the time, in my opinion.
  • [Light's Grace] is my preffered choice because of the 30% holy light healing is just too sweet give up alot of the time tbh.

• Though if playing this in Arenas with a partner, [Ultimate Sacrifice] IS ALWAYS mandatory, as one of your most important support cooldowns. I often switch this with [Hallowed Ground] Due to it being the least important strong talent choice of the mentioned above.
You could also switch [Ultimate Sacrifice]in there for [Light's grace] if you are facing for example a mage and you wanna keep [Hallowed Ground] to still be in the dmging game. Though personally, I'd understand why one would play like that, but I don't think I'd prefer it.

OTHER HONOR TALENTS worth mentioning:
  • Is [Avenging Light] worth it? - Personally, I don't think so, MOST of the time. I think the damage is too low, and the fact that it is only 10yd range, just limits the amount of situations where this talent is worth playing. Though, when fighting aggressive melee types it can be a reasonable choice. But I still think it is too weak, as for now. Though if it ever gets buffed, I imagine [Light's Grace] + [Avenging Light] lining up very well with eachother.

• [Cleanse The weak] - vs heavy dotcasters like Shadow Priest or Affliction Warlock I often choose cleanse the weak.(depending on what type of healer they have.) Because in those types of games being able to Dispel properly will win you the game. And the AoE effect from that talent can really mess their rotation.

• [Divine Favor] worth it? - Personally I don't ever see [Divine Favor] as a reasonable talent choice. Mainly due to the fact that any good player would purge/dispel/spellsteal etc. and render it a useless choice. Though it might feel safe to have a cd that makes you invulnerable to kicks, what you really should do, is practicing your faking/juking.

If you feel like there is anything I left out of this guide, that you would like to know or that you figured would be good to mention, leave a comment below! I'll be happy to answer as well as I can.​

This is a work in Progress build, that I will update if I feel the need to change anything later as the Xpac progresses.

I played shockadin during a few months on Legion. It was considerable stronger back then because Avenging Crusader had not received the huge nerfs that came late during the expansion. With that talent you can become really OP against any melee centric groups, your only real threat being burst specs and anything that could kite (because you would not be able to heal yourself effectively through Avenging Crusader). Mainly for this reason I suggest switching to Bestow Faith on the first row talents, the delay allows you to deal with incoming burst damage, or you could also use it to bait/force a kick if you follow up with a hard cast, or use it to offset the damage from Light of the Martyr. Do note that for any of this to be effective you must play in a proactive way.

As you mention, the spec feels really nice with a lot of haste if you plan on mostly doing damage. Otherwise, stack crit for an easier time healing.

I played shockadin during a few months on Legion. It was considerable stronger back then because Avenging Crusader had not received the huge nerfs that came late during the expansion. With that talent you can become really OP against any melee centric groups, your only real threat being burst specs and anything that could kite (because you would not be able to heal yourself effectively through Avenging Crusader). Mainly for this reason I suggest switching to Bestow Faith on the first row talents, the delay allows you to deal with incoming burst damage, or you could also use it to bait/force a kick if you follow up with a hard cast, or use it to offset the damage from Light of the Martyr. Do note that for any of this to be effective you must play in a proactive way.

As you mention, the spec feels really nice with a lot of haste if you plan on mostly doing damage. Otherwise, stack crit for an easier time healing.

I ultimately agree. But it is mainly a gearing question. My point is that for now, I'd prefer Sanctified. I've played Shockadin since MoP both as a fun off spec and on higher rating in arenas. And some talents/abilities usually scale better as we progress through and Xpac. I just think Melee wings will be stronger when we start scaling with better gear and weapon dmg :) It is still the strongest choice for pure dmg, though for facing EVERY situation without switching talents depending on what class/comp you are up against, Sanctified Wrath provides more availability to your overall dmg, and vs all situation it will generally be stronger, for now.

Users who are viewing this thread