Shirty's 24 Arms Warrior Guide

Introduction

So, you're interested in playing the most powerful class in the best and most active twink bracket in the game?
Well, you must be pretty smart, I like you already. This is my personal take on a guide to help you get started.

Contents

Race
Gear
Enchants
Professions
Consumables
Talents
Macros
Videos

Race

This is very much a personal preference. None of the racials but one really stand out to me.
The racial I consider by far the most game-breaking, when combined with a Free Action Potion, is Darkflight.
Though the potions are not usually cheap to make, combined with Darkflight you will have an excellent gap-closer or means of escape.

Gear

Head
Gloves
Neck
Belt of the Soldier
Shoulder
Legs
Cloak
Boots
Your boots are a consumable. They are often destroyed on use.
If you have extra pairs in your bags, which I highly suggest you do, they will be destroyed instead of the ones you are wearing.
The extras in your bags do not have to be enchanted.
Chest
Bracer
Ring1 of Strength
Ring2 of Strength
Trinket1
Trinket2
Weapon1
This weapons /use cool down is a 30 second duration "I win" button on a 1 hour cool down.
When the duration is over swap to...
Weapon2

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Actual best in slot gear is a bit more stamina heavy with minor speed to boots but you will be required to pay for a faction change.
You will not be required to farm Gnomeregan for the charged gear rings, which will save you a lot of time gearing your character.

These are the pieces of gear and the enchant to swap...

Ring1
Ring2
Boots Enchanted with Boar's Speed

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you want to min/max your stats you can swap to these pieces of gear while your rocket boots are on cool down...

Boots1 (very rare and hard to obtain, but the best) or...
Boots2 (obtained from a horde-only quest, will require a faction change to use for an alliance character).
Wearing these boots will put you up 5 hit rating and you will want to swap one...
Ring for a...
Ring of Strength. If you do not have access to those boots you can use...
Boots3 and keep the raptor rings on.

I feel swapping gear every few minutes for a few stats is too tedious and do not bother with it.

Enchants

Cloak
Chest
Bracer
Gloves
Legs
Boots
Weapon1
Weapon2

Professions

Primary

Engineering for Goblin Rocket Boots/ Goblin Sapper Charge/ Mithril Frag Bomb

Secondary

Jewelcrafting for Dense Stone Statues

Jewelcrafting is good for one thing... Dense Stone Statues. They are very powerful and worth the trouble.
These become soulbound when you create them, but it is not required to have jewelcrafting as a profession to use them.
So I would suggest leveling jewelcrafting, filling your bank as much as possible with these, then drop the profession for...

Skinning for Master of Anatomy

Consumables

Engineering

Goblin Sapper Charge
Mithril Frag Bomb
Goblin Rocket Boots

Alchemy

Elixir of Ogres Strength
Elixir of Minor Fortitude
Free Action Potion
Swiftness Potion
Greater Healing Potion
Minor Magic Resistance Potion
Fire Protection Potion
Shadow Oil

Jewelcrafting

Dense Stone Statue (Explained in professions)

First Aid

Heavy Runecloth Bandage

Rum (Food Buff)

Halaani Whiskey
Rumsey Rum Black Label

Misc.

Alliance Battle Standard

Talents

Having access to only the first tier of talents this is what you have to choose from...

Juggernaut
Double Time
Warbringer

This is a personal preference but the talent that stands out to me is Warbringer. Warbringer will stun your target long enough to reliably cast a Mortal Strike followed by a Mithril Frag Bomb/ Goblin Sapper Charge and then a Slam before your enemy has control of their character to negate your damage unless your stun is trinketed. Your initial kill is very important so you can start, more or less, spamming Victory Rush after killing blows (killing blows come very easily with this ability once you get the ball rolling after the first kill). Warriors in this bracket lack heroic leap, snares, and stuns to keep their targets in range and under control. Our strength is burst damage and self healing, this talent compliments that more than the others.

Macros

Startattack

#showtooltip
/startattack
/cast Mortal Strike

These are the most basic and necessary macros. You're going to want to macro /startattack to Mortal Strike, Heroic Strike, Charge, Victory Rush, Execute, Sunder Armor, Slam, Thunder Clap, and Heroic Throw.

Combining abilities with macros

#showtooltip
/startattack
/castsequence [reset=target] Mortal Strike, Slam
/cast Charge
/cast Running Wild

This macro will /startattack, targeting the nearest enemy, charge it if possible, cast Mortal Strike/ Slam in a sequence, reset itself when you change targets, and use your mount when out of combat.

#showtooltip
/startattack
/cast Victory Rush
/cast Heroic Strike
/use 16

This macro combines Victory Rush, Heroic Strike, and if you have the Manual Crowd Pummeler equipped, use it.

#showtooltip
/startattack
/cast Heroic Throw
/cast Throw

This Macro will cast Heroic Throw and your normal Throw if Heroic Throw is on cool down.

Consumable macros

#Showtooltip
/use 8
/use Free Action Potion
/use Alliance Battle Standard

This will /use your Goblin Rocket Boots, a Free Action Potion, and your Alliance (or horde) Battle Standard. A deadly balls-to-the-wall zerg combination.

#showtooltip
/use Greater Healing Potion
/use Dense Stone Statue

This macro will use a Greater Healing Potion and a Dense Stone Statue. This combination acts like a Last Stand/ Enraged Regeneration, it's a powerful survival combination.

#showtooltip
/cast Darkflight
/use Free Action Potion

Casts Darkfight and uses a Free Action Potion. This is a very powerful gap-closer or escaping combination.

Videos

Shirty the 24 Twink Volume II Episode 34 and a half - YouTube

My Youtube channel has more Videos if you're interested in more 24 Warrior shenanigans.

That concludes my guide. Now go own it up.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice start on guide.

I'd point out a couple small flaws or changes to start with.

First, if you choose to go the rocket boot / engineering route, I would suggest using gnomish rocket boots which don't explode.
You can still equip gnomish rocket boots even if you have chosen goblin specialization, just have someone else make them.
I am interested to test what you said about the boots in your bag being destroyed before the ones you are wearing, which is a nice work around.

Engineering gives parachute cloak with pvp power enchant and puts out more dps than boa cloak, although not as stam/stat heavy as you seem to be doing your build. Warrs however are best run with a healer behind them.

24 armor cannot be put on boa pants,only 16 armor.

I would recommend frost oil over shadow oil for better ToT.

I just did the whole JC to 225 and stockpile dense stone statues this week, what a pain but worth it.

First, if you choose to go the rocket boot / engineering route, I would suggest using gnomish rocket boots which don't explode.

goblin rocket boots do explode however have 1/2 the CD of the gnomish. if you're playing on a budget, especially skimping on such a huge ability, you're severely gimping yourself.

Engineering gives parachute cloak with pvp power enchant and puts out more dps than boa cloak, although not as stam/stat heavy as you seem to be doing your build. Warrs however are best run with a healer behind them.

i feel having a balanced and stat-heavy set of gear makes you a stronger presence for your team. i wouldn't suggest depending on heals or making their job more difficult because you're equipped like a glass-cannon. especially on a class with very little defenses.

24 armor cannot be put on boa pants,only 16 armor.

blah, nice catch

I would recommend frost oil over shadow oil for better ToT.

i believe frost oil requires a weapon to be ilvl 30+? is that wrong?

I just did the whole JC to 225 and stockpile dense stone statues this week, what a pain but worth it.

i know right? not many people seem to put out the effort to really, i mean REALLY twink. in my entire 20-24 career i only saw one other person use them.

I know OP was banned and I can guess why but can this possibly get moved? There are no guides to the 20-24 section (In all honesty they probably don't need any.. I'd had to see the 24 population actually learn how to play D: ) and this seems like a guide that is good enough to make it into the guide section. Mods should check this since OP can't msg you

Well, normally I think it would be better to be able to talk to the author about some changes, but since 24s have no guides at all it might be a good start. ^^

im going to fill in a bit..but take my advice with a grain of salt since it might not be 100% accurate and everyones playstyle is different.
The dense stone statues are still obsolete paladin throws 1 Avengers shield and they are gone. The Magic potions no longer exist and shadow protection potions would be BiS now instead of the fire ones.
Id also use sharpening stones instead of the useless shadow oil.
On druids ...you are going to have to avoid them period. The resto ones have more burst than you with ferocious bite GSoJ.
Same goes for paladins. Now that Prot has been made retard proof with 25% more hp for free, 600 +crit unresistable damage while I literally hit 100 mortal strikes on those 2.2k armor plate wearers.Avoid holy period.
Rogues...you must swap for a weapon with a pyrium chain ASAP or even f2p rogues will rape you very hard due to like 50% dodge and more attack power and crits. I have barely won vs 24 rogues even after popping all of my defensive CDs inculding a potion/standard/thunder clap.

You basically have to seek out weakened targets to execute or find cloth wearers to beat on to get kills as a warrior now. Berzerking is usually a must if you want a kill on something,

Nerfed to oblivion

those strategies are outdated, highest crit against mail armor is like 350, 200 moral strikes and 50 auto attacks
most games have 5-6 protection paladins with 600-700 damage avengers and 300 holy wrath

Paladins can now bubble 4 times per bg, as the Divine Shield ability is now level 20...you thought you almost killed, BUT, there goes a bubble in your face....just to secure a kill you have to wait until your rage bar is full so you can "unleash" 3 slams in a row...but hey, other classes start out with full energy which regens over time, but not you..but by the time you get your full rage bar you are usually dead. Rage regen is pathetic, you can no longer stance dance to gain extra rage as it now has a 3 second CD LOL

Paladins can just cleanse your stuns off, Warbringer Talent now counts as a spell and a magic effect;same as warrior shouts, they are even silenced by avenger's.

Even 24 warrior's execute can sometimes not even burst a AGM bubble....700 damage, i checked my combat log.374 Attack Power,mind you.
Good luck getting raped by trial rogues who pop their Evasion and Thisle Tea and think they are good killing a 24 while getting pocketed by trial druids

No slow(even if there was one, druids or paladins would just quickly dispel it or morph forms to remove it),no amount of spike damage(it is very constent), not enough utility.....you are just gimping down your team by bringing a warrior into a bg

Bottom line, unless you are premading with 3-5 friends, or have plenty of resto druids to pocket you, its decent gameplay
Other then that, no, solo queuing as a warrior in this bracket does not work

But wait a minute, classes are balanced, 40% resil will fix it(damn i hated BC resilence, BUT HEY, RESILENCE WILL FIX IT,LOL it did not do jack $hit)...current state or warriors in this so-called bracket reminds me of early classic endgame warriors

Not even fun to play anymore,MoP low level warriors got Jew Wilsond just like diablo 3

Rogues...you must swap for a weapon with a pyrium chain ASAP or even f2p rogues will rape you very hard due to like 50% dodge and more attack power and crits. I have barely won vs 24 rogues even after popping all of my defensive CDs inculding a potion/standard/thunder clap.

You seem to be confused regarding weapon chains. Living Steel Weapon Chain provided expertise, which would have helped you vs the dodge of a rogue. It has, however been nerfed for use on a BoA weapon.

Pyrium Weapon Chain, whilst it still works, provides only hit, which does nothing to counter dodge.

Reopening since OP got another chance. :) This was the first 24 class guide if I remember correctly! Don't get banned again! ^^

Users who are viewing this thread