PTR Share your best Classic Experience.

KPI

Vengeful Gladiator
My greatest classic experience was Doing Naxx40 on it's current content patch, raiding as a Rogue https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/crushridge/Taki
Taki-Crushridge-Cyclone, Prior to the Cataclysm
We only had about 13-16 pulls on 4Horsemen, before the official launch of TBC hit us halting our progression, our guild master Divh-Crushridge-Cyclone required all raiders to lvl to 70. In TBC we assisted the Guild masters girlfriend obtaining Medivh's Great-staff, https://www.wowhead.com/item=22630/atiesh-greatstaff-of-the-guardian Her Armory can now be viewed in 80-89 Best in slot post, https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/crushridge/Xianghua.

Here is our first Thaddius kill, in Participation with Dark Epoch.

Enjoy and Share your own experience.

Fighting my way out of the goldmine in elwynn forest on my lvl 6 warlock, while my demon pet keeps dying and i was swinging a white 1h sword + occasionally casting demon skin because i thought they stacked

When I first played in vanilla I didn't like killing monsters because I thought it was boring and I didn't like killing players because I didn't think that was nice since I wouldn't like if it happened to me. So I focused on professions, which I loved. And trading.

One day in the middle of the night, I had an idea I thought was novel and brilliant! Higher level characters couldn't care less about tiny amounts of gold, but what was tiny to them would be a lot to me. So I went and asked a few level 60s, and someone gave me 50s!! I was totally stoked : D I'd never made that much gold before, I went back to bed very happy.

When I first played in vanilla I didn't like killing monsters because I thought it was boring and I didn't like killing players because I didn't think that was nice since I wouldn't like if it happened to me. So I focused on professions, which I loved. And trading.

One day in the middle of the night, I had an idea I thought was novel and brilliant! Higher level characters couldn't care less about tiny amounts of gold, but what was tiny to them would be a lot to me. So I went and asked a few level 60s, and someone gave me 50s!! I was totally stoked : D I'd never made that much gold before, I went back to bed very happy.
What a nice guy, yea 60silver was alot for someone who might have been leveling.

I stole 100g from my buddies older brother and copped that 60% speed mount the minute I hit 40

Big flex

Oh I guess I should add that he ended up kicking my ass bc of that. Worth.

Was running Mara with a pug. Lock gets kinda turned around and/or was kinda afk and ends up falling off a bridge to his death. After some positioning on the healers part, he gets a res and a heal and proceeds to life tap his mana back up.

Then I guess just wasn’t paying attention and straight walks right back off the bridge.

Troll or not, I laughed for a solid 20 minutes.

This is the story of what got me into twinking.

I had just started playing my first toon, a human warrior and hit level 18 or so on the server eitrigg. I decided to join a bg since I never had before. Wsg, and I remember an orc rogue named gutpopper was absolutely destroying me and everyone else. Now anyone that played in the vengeance battle group back in the day is probably aware of the poppers, mainly the beast of a priest kidneypopper; anyway I played a few games and he kept dominating me and our teams every game.

I eventually got fed up and stopped queuing, leveled to like 46 or so and decided I wanted to make a rogue too. I made a human rogue named tence (randomly chosen name) and got it horribly geared with skeletal maces and fiery enchants. I remember outside of sw gates there was a NE rogue named poetryintime. I remember I kept dueling him and getting completely destroyed, and he eventually took me under his wing and told me about shadowfangs, assasin's blades, and real enchants. I farmed sfk for sf and ab before my first toon ever even hit 60. Eventually I hit 60 and got all the correct enchants like +5 wep damage and 15 ago, etc etc and I suppose the rest is history.

I was hooked with wsg and twinking since day 1. I remember I would play every chance I could get for hours if I could. Then bc hit and despite leveling to 70, I mainly just did it to farm gold for twinks. I unfortunately dinged that old char when I lagged flying over burning steppes on a taxi when my bg popped and the taxi kicked me off. I fell to the ground, discovered a new zone and it was all over.

I met so many cool people back then, legendary names, guilds, and friends in vanilla I wish I could track down. I remember sydni from mtu got 100k hks before achievements ever existed. Prob more from before lifetime kills were tracked. There was the horde guilds epic, mayhem, ddg or alliance guilds like dominate, stog, or whatever one I joined on rexxar with iznvm and mullus/fatblueman/everyone else.

Vengeance battle group was the best period. All those years later I'm still hooked.

I stole 100g from my buddies older brother and copped that 60% speed mount the minute I hit 40

Big flex

Oh I guess I should add that he ended up kicking my ass bc of that. Worth.
Hasn't everyone? Still funny, I did this when my school friend let me let me barrow his druid to Get 8 agility libram enchant on my https://www.wowhead.com/item=2041/tunic-of-westfall since i already did the chain on my rogue and used it on some Green Tinted Goggles copped 43g while i was on his account.
~Paid him back later.

Too many good memories to list. I remember my main was lock and I knew a way to solo farm Maraudon and used that as a way to fund my 19 twink which I was way too poor to make some of the more gear reliant classes, so I made a 19 warlock stacked with mostly lvl 19 green +stam gear. Still bis in vanilla if you ask me, since there wasn’t much (if anything) to be done to boost spell damage and int was next useless with lifetap (if you even lived long enough to need to lifetap).

Joined a twink guild on Emerald Dream and still have toons in that guild with most of the members having “Last Online” timers of 10-13 years.

Like Odal, too many good memories. I never had good gear, never used addons or Thottbot, got lost all the time, had only two friends and they were both idiots, didn't trust the Auction House, pugged in terrible pugs and mostly just noobed around by myself but I still had so much fun :)

One memory that stands out is the day my priest dinged 40 and got shadowform. I was questing in STV had a mission to kill crocolisks, and on the very first mob, out of the blue I critted 600. This was *SO BIG* compared to what I had been able to do till that point, I was genuinely gobsmacked! :O
After that, life as a shadow priest was *very* satisfactory ^^ /purr

Reactions: KPI

Users who are viewing this thread