Share your bad luck experiences

Sponsor

Achievement Hunting
So today I just realized I have been farming MM through chest looting for 11 months now and a total of 89 chests opened.

I dont know what to make of this. I have seen a hand full of people obtain their mantle in the first 4 chests or trash mob in gnomer while I've been killing myself looking for it through chests in all 4 zones lol.

Anyways, thought I would make this thread for other people to share their horrible luck experiences! Either going from constantly Q'ing vs horde premades for hours, to a lvl 23 p2p winning a roll on your blue BoE piece!

Well, i once farmed for the Deviate fish thing for 3 hours straight... and when finally got it, it dropped 3 times in 5 mins on my alt...

Sun-lute, xfered to a diff server popped 3 times in 1 month, first time i was in the middle of moving houses. put a bid in surely gonnna win it.. and no.. second time i was outbid by a lvl 58 dk who said he was gonna twink out the toon. and third, well i live in WA so i was watching the bmah pretty fiercely the power decides to go out. comes back on just to see that i was outbid while my power was off. and the little bish hasnt popped on that server since.. this was 4 and some change months ago.. still waiting for that golden some bish to pop..

Well today I went hiking on the face of a mountain.The 200 foot drop just a couple feet away didn't scare me, it was that the ground below was a slanted hill with gravel like rocks.An idiot I was...to look to the distance,gazing the breathtaking view.I felt my right foot slip to the left,My hand went down first,It felt like I was in slow-motion.I got up relieved, I fell just a feet away from the drop with only minor injuries to my knee and hand.Adrenaline pumped through my veins getting out of there, it felt good I was still alive lol.

Even though this isn't wow related(thread didn't specify irl or wow) It felt like bad luck to me. Oh and Yde,it was still fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though this isn't wow related(thread didn't specify irl or wow) It felt like bad luck to me. Oh and Yde,it was still fun.
Hah its rather good luck that you pulled that off with so many little injuries :p but yeah I would prefer f2p related occurances! :p
Lets try to keep Yde away from post deleting duty hahaha :}

Been on and off chest hunting for these since late cata, a few weeks before MoP came live, and now more recently for a few other things (last two for max str set in bgs).

After a accumulated total of about 50+ chests, finding an average of a total of 5+ chests through multiple zones per early morning (usually 2 per zone), I did find many items, including those sought by many, including a few sought by some p2p twinks, one from a random level 27 mob while chest hunting in the AB zone, yet no luck on silver-links or these two.
And I almost frequently check the AH for what's available (F2P, thus can't buy, primarily curious what's in the markets), and what I've been after has "routinely" (about once a week) been posted up by different sellers at the AH for around 500 gold or more for the past two or three months. I've also seen these a few times at the AH, among other stuff from this (highly populated) server's AH (which I saw drop once on a hunter in a few patches ago in MoP, lost need roll to a leveling rogue).

That's one (and perhaps continued) "story" of "bad" luck. As for good luck...

At a time when players could see who else was rolling need on an item in dungeons, Mindthrust dropped while I did a random dungeon run as a F2P ele shaman (thus many, many patches before 5.3, possibly late cata). This PuG group I got grouped with had no F2Ps or twinks besides myself (F2P ele shaman), and not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 out of 5 of us (including myself) rolled need.

Guess who won that roll.
:D

Sun-lute, xfered to a diff server popped 3 times in 1 month, first time i was in the middle of moving houses. put a bid in surely gonnna win it.. and no.. second time i was outbid by a lvl 58 dk who said he was gonna twink out the toon. and third, well i live in WA so i was watching the bmah pretty fiercely the power decides to go out. comes back on just to see that i was outbid while my power was off. and the little bish hasnt popped on that server since.. this was 4 and some change months ago.. still waiting for that golden some bish to pop..

No offense to you personally, but having an 85 hunter, the more Lulz-lutes that vanish into the void the better.

Well, last week when my first ever F2P (Warlock) just reached lvl 20 i qued up for SFK, Mindthrust bracers dropped and a random P2P needed it. I didn't deserve it i guess.

Anyone under 154 chest has no right to complain about magicians . I am currently running sfk nonstop for the damn bracers brd for mystics robe and blood band, ad exploiting phasing to get the Barnes vanity items on my Druid. Blizzard just had to introduce new shit for me to grid and hell I still need walking boots as well >.>

i once pugged into the same grp as cripz, samcraft, and trialmop. it's cool though, now i have a new pc screen...

So today I just realized I have been farming MM through chest looting for 11 months now and a total of 89 chests opened.

I dont know what to make of this. I have seen a hand full of people obtain their mantle in the first 4 chests or trash mob in gnomer while I've been killing myself looking for it through chests in all 4 zones lol.

Anyways, thought I would make this thread for other people to share their horrible luck experiences! Either going from constantly Q'ing vs horde premades for hours, to a lvl 23 p2p winning a roll on your blue BoE piece!

Been working to get silver linked + MM on chests for 5 months and nothing ...

I was once lazy to do bgs on my shammy, so I decided to farm Magician's Mantle and Mindthrust Bracers (For resto). So I qued for Shadowfang and went to Hillsbrad. My que time on Shadowfang was 23 mins.... Idk why. So while I was waiting I got to like 4 chests. Finally after waiting for freaking 34 MINS of Shadowfang the que popped. So I checked in and waited for the tank to check in. One chest popped and I was like "oo 1 more chest.. tank don't que yet please" luckily I OPENED the chest and it was Magician's Mantle :D ... Then suddenly the tank checked in -.- I didn't had auto loot on. So I was like aww.. But then I remembered tht I can teleport out so I teleported out and the chest was gone -.-

Well, i once farmed for the Deviate fish thing for 3 hours straight... and when finally got it, it dropped 3 times in 5 mins on my alt...

What I do is I farm Deviate Eggs at Raptor's Den for my +6 stamina eating buff and while farming it drops like 1-3 times in like 1 hour o;

Users who are viewing this thread