Shaman BIS/Spec?

Your Mom

Legend
I have 30 spell power on my evo blade.. and it seems it doesnt scale the way I thought..

So what are the bis enchants/gear and spec? Anyone got suggestions?

Personally I think you want to be the eagle master, stacking all the Stam and Int you can. You have to be an infinite fountain of totems and Purges to be useful. Probably want a Skel Club with Fiery or Crusader on it too for melee but I'd stick with +22 Int on your main weapon (the +30 that you have is handy to swap to when you use up the extra Mana from +22).

Talents unfortunately are pretty terrible at 19, I would run 5/5 Healing Wave and 5/5 Shield Spec personally but I could imagine someone eating the badness of first tier Elemental just to get Earth's Grasp + 3 in Healing Wave.

Last edited:
Reactions: KPI
Gear:
-Green tinted goggles / LFH 100+ health
-PVP neck
-Talbar Mantle
-Blackened defias chest 100+ health
-Wrangler bracer 3/3 eagle 9+ stamina
-Scouting gloves 4/4 eagle 7+ agility
-Screecher's belt
-Scouting pants 5/5 eagle 100+ health
-Scouting boots 4/4 eagle minor speed
-Viridian band 3/3 eagle
-Seal of Sylvanas
-PVP trinket
-AGM / minor recombobulator
-Evocator's blade 22+ intellect
-Deadskull shield 7+ stamina

also get:
-Face smasher lifestealing
-Artic buckler 8+ frost resistance

Talents:
-5x Shield specialization
-5x Improved healing wave

Why would you not want magefist? Surely the armor is not that valuable? Grizzled boots seems like a good option too

Tbh 5/5 concussion 2/2 earths grasp 3/5 shield specialization is a juicy talent combo too. 20% bigger radius on earthbind is amazing

Slight tweak to the gear suggestions above (assuming you are running shaman on offense as intended):

- Jutebraid gloves are BIS +7 str
- arctic buckler > deadskull shield
- def want another pair of goggles with +150 mana

dont you run assa blade instead of evo ?

Jwl forgot to include a cape. The one you want is called Engineers Cloak (+5 resist all).

Also some changes to his BiS. IMO what hes running is only bis if you are FC'ing (like he does).
Jutebraid and Magefist are both > Scouting of Eagle
Grizzled Boots > Scouting of Eagle
Leggings of Fang and Darkweave Breeches (+150 mana) > Scouting of Eagle (+100 hp)
Demon Band >= Viridian Band of the Eagle

I like mana libram on legs and hp on head. Shamans use a lot of mana and you have a heal so hp becomes less important than other classes.

Evocators +22 int is definitely the best all around weapon. I would run a Skeletal Club (+lifestealing) not a face smasher though.
[doublepost=1587502187,1587501788][/doublepost]
dont you run assa blade instead of evo ?

assassins blade (+30 spell power) is a decent item to have but i dont think better than evocators (+22 int)

Jwl forgot to include a cape. The one you want is called Engineers Cloak (+5 resist all).

Also some changes to his BiS. IMO what hes running is only bis if you are FC'ing (like he does).
Leggings of Fang and Darkweave Breeches (+150 mana) > Scouting of Eagle (+100 hp)

I like mana libram on legs and hp on head. Shamans use a lot of mana and you have a heal so hp becomes less important than other classes.

Evocators +22 int is definitely the best all around weapon. I would run a Skeletal Club (+lifestealing) not a face smasher though.

assassins blade (+30 spell power) is a decent item to have but i dont think better than evocators (+22 int)

Does spell power do much for shaman? Im still testing it. Ive noticed I really like my evocators blade with spirit.. nothing better than chasing someone across the field and accruing mana in the mean time.

Does spell power do much for shaman? Im still testing it. Ive noticed I really like my evocators blade with spirit.. nothing better than chasing someone across the field and accruing mana in the mean time.

Have a spirit weapon swap, dont enchant your 1 unique evo blade with it. +22 int is the best enchant for evocators blade. If you want a spirit weapon roll with razors edge since it has +2 spirit and youll be using it less.

30 spell power isnt better than 22 intellect,
BUT it is the best dmg enchant for a shaman. Definitely better than crusader/15agi/15str.

Thank you, I cant believe I forgot the cape lol.

But I completely disagree with Jutebraids. I dont think they should ever be in the conversation. Same with Grizzled boots.
Shamans NEED high mana pools in order to contribute to team-play. Eagle gear is a MUST and I can even argue that 150+ mana on BOTH helmet & leg librams to being BIS (I actually will be running mana librams over health in premades, as 1300 health is completely viable). The build I suggested is in no way intended for flag carrying either. It's just what I consider the standard, "cookie cutter" BIS build for shaman. I can see why you'd suggest magefist, as the armor difference is only what, 2-5% mitigation difference, at best? But demon band, leggings of the fang, jutebraid & grizzled boots are all items that'd put a shamans potential at a handicap.

Tbh 5/5 concussion 2/2 earths grasp 3/5 shield specialization is a juicy talent combo too. 20% bigger radius on earthbind is amazing

Yeah the 20%+ radius on earthbind is extremely valuable, especially when the shaman knows the totem "sweet spots" for the TOT jumps that can put the totem at an extreme LOS from enemies, yet still manage to slow anyone near it. But I think having faster healing ticks is just too good to pass up. Slows should come from better sources IE mages/warriors/hunters IMO

Thank you, I cant believe I forgot the cape lol.

But I completely disagree with Jutebraids. I dont think they should ever be in the conversation. Same with Grizzled boots.
Shamans NEED high mana pools in order to contribute to team-play. Eagle gear is a MUST and I can even argue that 150+ mana on BOTH helmet & leg librams to being BIS (I actually will be running mana librams over health in premades, as 1300 health is completely viable). The build I suggested is in no way intended for flag carrying either. It's just what I consider the standard, "cookie cutter" BIS build for shaman. I can see why you'd suggest magefist, as the armor difference is only what, 2-5% mitigation difference, at best? But demon band, leggings of the fang, jutebraid & grizzled boots are all items that'd put a shamans potential at a handicap.

if youre playing 10v10 premades i can see an argument for eagle gear and you might be right. most people arent playing premades tho. for 90+% of queues 1300 hp and 1300 mana is plenty. for me it becomes fairly redundant after this point and i'd rather just have more stats period because of how well shamans utilize them.

the difference between magefist and scouting gloves is .6% mitigation (negligible at best).

my argument for those items over eagle items
demon band is 10 stats vs eagle ring is 6 stats
fang leggings are 18 stats / darkweave are 17 stats vs eagle pants are 10 stats
jutebraid are 12 stats / magefist are 12 stats vs eagle gloves are 8 stats

losing that many stats isnt worth wearing eagle in most situations.

Last edited:
the difference between magefist and scouting gloves is .6% mitigation (negligible at best).

In that case, magefist could be argued as better. I'll try to grab a pair for my shaman if it's just 0.6% mitigation!

my argument for those items over eagle items
demon band is 10 stats vs eagle ring is 6 stats
fang leggings are 18 stats / darkweave are 17 stats vs eagle pants are 10 stats
jutebraid are 12 stats / magefist are 12 stats vs eagle gloves are 8 stats

losing that many stats isnt worth wearing eagle in most situations.

Just because they offer more stats you consider them better? Even though the stats aren't primary stats that a shaman should be stacking? That logic is very flawed

I'm not entirely convinced that stacking stam and int on a shaman is all that beneficial to begin with. At 19 they are basically a jack of all trades and master of none. Of any of the classes at 19 I think Shaman may need the most amount of sets of gear. I also think there's a certain point where int (and stam) sort of reaches diminishing returns and you're better off having agi/str, especially if you're on offense. A shaman with some str and agi and a fiery assassins blade will do some not insignificant damage.

There's a lot of downtime between fights at 19 due to lack of movement abilities and mounts, so 20 spirit is personally super underrated and I think every class needs a weapon to swap with 20 spirit - and I'm undecided on whether the spirit or the int on evocators is better off getting the benefit from 22 int or 20 spirit, considering after you use the mana from 22 int you should probably be going to 30sp or fiery anyway.

Keep in mind that I last played a 19 shaman in wotlk so my memory could be off, but my experience in classic lends itself to reinforcing these ideas.

I'm not entirely convinced that stacking stam and int on a shaman is all that beneficial to begin with. At 19 they are basically a jack of all trades and master of none.

Stopped reading right here.

The fact shamans have armor literally on-par with druids and paladins, can purge, kick cast at a range on a 6 second cooldown (100% uptime on casters that are being delayed), heal between 250-450s and slow enemies isnt enough to sell the class? Shamans are literal gods and bring their very specific role to the table in 19s

The fact shamans have armor literally on-par with druids and paladins, can purge, kick cast at a range on a 6 second cooldown (100% uptime on casters that are being delayed), heal between 250-450s and slow enemies isnt enough to sell the class? Shamans are literal gods and bring their very specific role to the table in 19s

you just described a jack of all trades.

isn't enough to sell the class? I think Shamans are by far the most interesting class at 19. My post reinforced that. You probably shouldn't have stopped reading.

Appreciate your help peeps. This toon is way more fun than my rogue ever was.. and unlike my original first twink.. Its way better organized.

30 spell on Ass blade.. Loving it.

In that case, magefist could be argued as better. I'll try to grab a pair for my shaman if it's just 0.6% mitigation!

Just because they offer more stats you consider them better? Even though the stats aren't primary stats that a shaman should be stacking? That logic is very flawed

lets look at the stats then
take 3 items, jutebraid darkweave and demon band
10 str 8 stam 13 int 8 spirit
take those 3 respective eagle items
12 int 12 stam

4 stam is > 10 str 1 int 8 spirit?
no its not

lets try that again
lets run a set closer to what you are but not with eagle gear
take 3 items, magefirst darkweave and demon band
4 str 11 stam 12 int 12 spirit
take the 3 eagle items again
12 int 12 stam

1 stam > 4 str 12 spirit?
no its not

leather eagle isnt good unless you fc and even then idk. the dmg mitigation is so minimal and the stats are worse. im not buying it.

I had +30sp for a while, I can tell you +22 int is the way to go. The extra mana is invaluable.

10/10 go Evocators MH +22int
DeadSkull OH +7 stam

But anyway, heres my layout
HP: 1469
Mana:1461

Green Goggles /+100hp
Scouts med
Talbar mantle
Engineers Cloak
Defias chest /+100hp
Wranglers Wrists Eagle 3/3 /+9 stam
Magefist Gloves (Going to put +healing on them over agi)
Screecher Belt (really awesome on shamans)
Darkweave Breeches /+100hp
Grizzled Boots /Minor speed
Seal of Sylvannas
lavishly Jeweled ring
Evocators /+22int
DeadSkull / +7 stam
Staff of the blessed seer /+55 Heal (macro'd to my heal)
Staff of the friar / +20 spirit (insane passive mana regen while on the move.)

Hope this helped!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread