Shadowlands F2P Warrior Guide

Discussion in '20s (Shadowlands)' started by Chops, Jan 11, 2021.

Share This Page

1. Warglave

Warglave Member

I just equipped 2 in a twin peaks to see how it went, I found them useful. Pretty sure we outmatched the other team so it wasnt a game-changer but they did proc a lot and vs 2 mages and 2 shams (the ones who had a hardon for me) it was ok.

Now I an NOT recommending them... and that toon wasnt f2play, it was heavily geared - but maybe get some in your bag.

My damage was likely affected, but I seldom worry about that. For bangin around with levelers, especially solo, I'll use em.
    ;)

And basically chops nailed it with this:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sergey

Sergey Veteran

3. Warglave

Warglave Member

The grenade can proc epic and/or tertiary too, speed, leech, or indestructable. No socket on that one tho, AFAIK.

Be nice if the patch changed that, havent checked. Not likely.

4. OP
    Chops

Chops Soccer Dad Moderator

Sha'tari bracers are trash, BFA socket dungeon bracers are only good placeholders till you get ilvl 28s and I mention that there are a bazillion good trinkets out there and Im not going to list them all. Though I'm also not a fan of enforcers stun grenade on a warrior. Not that its not good, but there are a bunch of better on use trinkets out there. Its second tier.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sergey

Sergey Veteran

They’re not great, but decent placeholders I think. You didn’t list any bracers, I agree greens would be better but at least you get them from a quest, and the others can be farmed specifically. Getting ilvl 28 greens could take months, and there’s also a slight risk they’ll get nerfed eventually. I’ve heard the stun grenade trinket don’t give less stats in bgs (like pit fighter, unlike Elekk tusk and a bunch of other WoD trinkets). I thought mastery and versatility were worth about the same? Any other trinkets (on use or passive) you’d recommend? Thanks again for the guide.

6. OP
    Chops

In general, I think a vers on use is a weird trinket.

Id make the argument that if you're looking for survivability, then you really just need to be better about Ignore Pain, swapping to Sword/Board and using shield block. And also positioning (ironic, I KNOW!). Warriors are naturally pretty tanky. Using a critical trinket slot for that seems weird.

If you're looking for dmg output, strength on-use trinkets are better. Daelos Finals Words pumps (good luck farming) or Lessons Of The Darkmaster is a solid choice for fury warriors.

As for the bracers, I didnt think it needed mentioning specifically given that BIS bracers are random ilvl 28s of whatever your preferred suffix is

• Like Like x 1
  7. ohti

ohti madman Moderator

Mag orc is like the worst racial though... reg orc is better and doesn't require anything.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Cloaxs

Cloaxs Sallya

Be very carful about str on use trinkets esp from dungs they are nerfed heavy in pvp
    Last i looked lessons went down all the way to giving 9str on use haven't tested during this patch tho.

9. OP
    Chops

just remember to check your actual character sheet and not buff tooltips

I have a GFd Lessons, so i havent tested the new one.

10. Cloaxs

Cloaxs Sallya

always look at char sheet ty for the reminder tho :p

• Like Like x 1
  11. Warglave

Warglave Member

MEANINGLESS! What good is winning if you dont look awesome doing it! :FrogeTorch:

(you're totally right tho, but some do make choices based on personal preference over what they're "allowed" to roll)

• Like Like x 1
  12. glancealot

glancealot OG

• Like Like x 2
  13. Brilliant

Brilliant Legend

Hunger of the pack, war machine. Change my mind. Obvious i mean in pugs. That's the only thing i do anyway. However, i havent checked how HotP is in bgs.

14. OP
    Chops

I dont hate it, especially for fury. But warmachine for arms is... yikes and HotP requires that you get the KB, not just the HK. Which is important to know.

• Like Like x 1
  15. mirrorbender

mirrorbender Veteran

I love hunger of the pack. It's a perfectly serviceable strength/crit stat stick besides the speed effect, and it helps you get to your next target after killing the previous one. Plus it gives you a nice visual confirmation of whether or not you got the KB, which in turn helps to confirm when your victory rush is online. Overall it just works really well with warriors and their ability to reliably last hit people with execute.
    After the change from flat 30% speed to +speed stat, ilvl 25 HoTP now is giving ~27% movement speed once you are scaled up to 29 in BGs (vs ~33% at level 20). It's a pretty negligible change. The big change is the ability to stack with war machine now, but as Chops said, that only really is applicable for fury.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Brilliant

Brilliant Legend

Well fury is the real mlg spec so. But ill try and get a hold of one atleast and see how it fares for me

Does the war machine, hotp and single minded work together aswell?

17. ohti

ohti madman Moderator

:pepeW:

18. Warglave

Warglave Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Celydar

Celydar Member

Great guide for the Warriors which are fun but hard to play as a 20, as your cc and mobility come later on.
    I apologize in advance, if this has been covered somewhere else.
    I do wish some of the other trinkets out there had greater viability.
    However, yeah pretty much just the one's you listed and maybe Parjesh's Medallion have decent utility?
    Tenacity of the Cursed Blood is short,(10s) but no CD and does proc alot.
    Most, though, change to little to no damage or efficacy in a BG.
    Like for example, I finally got the Gift of Radiance from HoV Odyn.
    Spear of Light does 59 hit or 118 crit damage in PvE but only 12 or 24 in a BG.
    Giant Ornamental Pearl, from EoA is decent in PvE but not BG, damage it absorbs is super gimped in a BG.
    Found this to be the case with many trinkets out there.
    Hargul's Favorite from the order hall chest, as well.

20. AppleZ

AppleZ Member

Hey Chops,
    long time fan here.
    First thing first thanks for the awesome guide, as soon as i noticed it i picked up my pre-shadowlands warr to bring him up to speed.
    Now, as for the actual question, i'm almost done with getting the socket gear and was looking at gems when i found out steady talasites are getting nerfed in 9.1.5.
    So question is: do we default to Northrend JC +3 str gems or are the +2 str/+2 haste ones worth considering?
    I'm currently playing a fury warr and you mentioned haste as the most valuable secondary in your guide so i was wondering whether the +1 str per gem was superior to the added haste.
    Also, just for argument's sake, i found out i'm kinda low on haste since tbc socket gear has a lot of crit and i'm currently using locket+lagnut to stack on vers.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)