Shadowlands Enchanting on a Vet account.

Fsd

Can't seem to DE any SL gear even though I picked up enchanting on my vet character.

Is that intended or did I miss the memo on something?

Its a bug. Dont expect it to be fixed very soon, since Blizz considers it to be fixed already. Also, almost all SL enchants have level requirement and the ones that we can use are just some weak utility one (like 5 min reduction heartstone cd, 10% fall dmg reduction, and faster gathering).

I had hoped I could use a leech enchant to passively take advantage of twinked gear damage. Is Jewelcrafing bugged as well?

I had hoped I could use a leech enchant to passively take advantage of twinked gear damage. Is Jewelcrafing bugged as well?
Try using Siphoning enchant from BfA enchanting, you can use it on ilvl 87 weapons. Also, from SL jewelcrafting you can only craft Straddling without gametime or as F2P (Revitalizing is locked behind a rep grind in Revendreth). Try using the speed gems from BfA until you get socketed ilvl 87 items, you can only use SL gems in warfoged gear.

when SL launched there was a issue with not being able to DE starting quest gear from drops/quests which are scaled/based on your ilvl entering the expac. due to the massive over kill squish casual players were ilvl 66 to sub 100 geared, the ice crown catch up event you were able to get 100-115 pieces if you did not miss it.

blizzard flagged it back then and now as fixed, yet never truly was. believe someone posted that SL items below ilvl-74 can not be DE. Blizzard Devs have no clue so they remain stupid silent, someone else had to figure it out.

on SL has this issue and hidden restriction, imagine not being able to use ore, herbs, fish, etc, your first x-levels into a expac

blizzard still has not fixed the enchanting covering 16 years of their game after smoothing. still no fix.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/low-level-enchanting-bugged/1415613

Try using Siphoning enchant from BfA enchanting, you can use it on ilvl 87 weapons. Also, from SL jewelcrafting you can only craft Straddling without gametime or as F2P (Revitalizing is locked behind a rep grind in Revendreth). Try using the speed gems from BfA until you get socketed ilvl 87 items, you can only use SL gems in warfoged gear.

Tried it. only about 2% leech on my MW vet monk. Lifesteal is okay though and even though it's not scaling with AP, it crits an maybe haste could trigger it often.

Tooltips are very broken at the moment though, but i manage to test out things by copying the vet toons to ptr and test scaling with them :)

I wish there was an addon or script to force proper scaling in tooltips for lower levels.

Tried it. only about 2% leech on my MW vet monk. Lifesteal is okay though and even though it's not scaling with AP, it crits an maybe haste could trigger it often.

Tooltips are very broken at the moment though, but i manage to test out things by copying the vet toons to ptr and test scaling with them :)

I wish there was an addon or script to force proper scaling in tooltips for lower levels.
100% to be sure is to forget the tooltip. Enchant and equip the item, then check the char stat sheet, and see exactly how much you gain.

100% to be sure is to forget the tooltip. Enchant and equip the item, then check the char stat sheet, and see exactly how much you gain.
Not a viable option for a f2p, trial and error is rather costly Cryge

There is the option as I said earlier of copying characters to ptr and testing them there. F2p characters become unlocked there and you can even bring in toons from your US EU KR TW accounts to say hello to each other HeyGuys

I'm just saying there should be a procedural way of forcing the the server to tell us the correct values.

when SL launched there was a issue with not being able to DE starting quest gear from drops/quests which are scaled/based on your ilvl entering the expac. due to the massive over kill squish casual players were ilvl 66 to sub 100 geared, the ice crown catch up event you were able to get 100-115 pieces if you did not miss it.

blizzard flagged it back then and now as fixed, yet never truly was. believe someone posted that SL items below ilvl-74 can not be DE. Blizzard Devs have no clue so they remain stupid silent, someone else had to figure it out.

on SL has this issue and hidden restriction, imagine not being able to use ore, herbs, fish, etc, your first x-levels into a expac

blizzard still has not fixed the enchanting covering 16 years of their game after smoothing. still no fix.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/low-level-enchanting-bugged/1415613

So I read this as well and thought it was because all of my sl greens and blues were low level. I decided to level SL Leatherworking. crafter gear is Ilvl 99+. Couldn't de them either. It must be tied to our levels. Maybe any levels not allowed to enter SL before the squish aren't able to do it.

Last edited:
So I handed in the last SL quest I had in my log, and I was able to disenchant the quest reward. To confirm I went and got a Rotbriar Sprout and was able to DE that also.

Unsure if this changes anything in terms of the profession as a whole, but we can gather mats for potential future changes at least.

Attachments

• WoWScrnShot_032923_062553.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_032923_062553.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 64
  • WoWScrnShot_032923_063816.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_032923_063816.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 72

Users who are viewing this thread