EU+US Shadow F2P - Underwhelming

icehawk

The Beast Within
I don't get it, isn't Shadow Priest supposed to be the DPS class of priests? It's actually really quite bad up to and including 20. Seems you would need to hit at least lvl 21 to really do some serious damage with it.
My friend and I started some F2P priests, and he's Disc and I'm Shadow but he out kills, out DPS's and out heals me. WTF?
Is it worth playing Shadow as F2P?
Anyone have experience with it? Or should I just do like everyone else and play Disc?:mad:
btw just a side note, but Penanceleek in the F2P Armory list seems to have levelled.

Just looking at the abilities you get later in the 20's it should be fairly obvious. Missing DP, VP, MB and Shadow Form. All of these are godlike for shadow priests. A level 20 shadow priest got no upfront damage due to no MB and DP, or sustained damage due to be missing 2 of their dots (VP and DP). There's no way level 20 shadow priest is viable when you are being compared to a level 29 which have all of these abilities.

Last edited:
Not sure if your serious with this thread but determining how good f2p shadow priest is can be done very easily by reading what abilities they have Then you'll notice they have none.

Why would Mind Flay, a DPS ability hit much less than Penance which is a healer ability? Something is broken at this bracket for Shadow Priests. Penance is 3 x the strength of Mind Flay.
I'm just dumbfounded at how this can be the case.
And Leaf, checking out Legion, Shadow Priests do seem to improve significantly. They finally get some love with some decent DPS abilities. If they stay as per the current reports on WOWhead.
I'll perservere a little longer with my Shadow, and then park her up till Legion :cool:

Why would Mind Flay, a DPS ability hit much less than Penance which is a healer ability? Something is broken at this bracket for Shadow Priests. Penance is 3 x the strength of Mind Flay.
And Leaf, checking out Legion, Shadow Priests do seem to improve significantly. They finally get some love with some decent DPS abilities. If they stay as per the current reports on WOWhead.
I'll perservere a little longer with my Shadow, and then park her up till Legion :cool:
F2Ps already know this, there was a such thing as f2p shadow priest in cata and also in mop in 3v3(izac/Kevi). Disc from what blizz have said over time was meant to be a true hybrid spec , doing damage and healing.

I don't get it, isn't Shadow Priest supposed to be the DPS class of priests? It's actually really quite bad up to and including 20. Seems you would need to hit at least lvl 21 to really do some serious damage with it.
My friend and I started some F2P priests, and he's Disc and I'm Shadow but he out kills, out DPS's and out heals me. WTF?
Is it worth playing Shadow as F2P?
Anyone have experience with it? Or should I just do like everyone else and play Disc?:mad:
btw just a side note, but Penanceleek in the F2P Armory list seems to have levelled.

Interesting tidbit, spamming Shadow Word: Pain does more overall DPS than channeling Mind Flay, and you don't root yourself :)

Shadow is far and away the worst specialization at level 20 (bar none).

This should change for the better in Legion - but right now, Discipline is both the best healer and DPS specialization for Priests.

F2Ps already know this, there was a such thing as f2p shadow priest in cata and also in mop in 3v3(izac/Kevi). Disc from what blizz have said over time was meant to be a true hybrid spec , doing damage and healing.
I got a 29 and a 100. I get a solid 10 kills on my disc at 29 and still have top heals. My 100 I can do around 15millions heals while dishing out about 6 million damage from offensive penances/shadow word pain/power word solace. People underestimate how it can really perform at 100, the damage is minor but very well adds up. Can pull enough dmg to kill almost any class in 1v1 at 100 besides like ret pally etc.

Because Mind Flay is supposed to be spammed while having SW: P, DP and VT on the target, with Mind Blast on cooldown, and Mind Flay have no cooldown.

As a level 20 you are basically missing most of your core abilities which SHadow Priests sadly rely on. Not to talk about how good Mind Flay become when you got Insanity.

I don't get it, isn't Shadow Priest supposed to be the DPS class of priests?
Never in f2p history was shadow any good. the most use it ever had is when u could root/fear + slow ppl. legion gonna fix it thro.

Reactions: Bop
Never in f2p history was shadow any good. the most use it ever had is when u could root/fear + slow ppl. legion gonna fix it thro.

There was a point where Shadow was able to dedicate itself to CC, mainly because they didn't fulfill any other specific role. While Discipline and Holy Priests were able to heal, Shadow lacked long term mana regeneration - effectively allowing it to commit itself to a high control role without taking up a limited healer slot in competitive BG's / Arenas.

Even in this specific, niche role, Shadow saw very limited play in MoP. When priest CC went the way of the dinosaurs, so did any potential hope for Shadow seeing play anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread