Separating F2P from paying 20s

Hey guys I'm on a roll updating the twink statistics site http://www.twinkstats.com/
ATM I can see this list is useless for F2Ps since there is no differentiating F2Ps and paying 20s.

Just wanted to know the facts behind how to separate F2Ps from the paying people.
Is the only difference that F2Ps cannot use high level enchants like landslide and so on?
Or are there other ways to tell, that you can see from a characters profile page?

Some might say the guild heirlooms, but a linked Trial account can get those.
So it would depend on your definition of a Trial account. And that is where it starts getting a little hairy. Before Veterans existed I was able to get enchanted heirlooms to me Trial account from my paid account. Although, I am sure I and a few others were the exception to that rule.
If you really want to make the "stats" more complicated I suppose you could integrate a filter section. And people could just filter out/in what that wanted. I know some only want to see people with a certain amount of games played. And some people, such as myself, could care less about how many games you have played or if you have paid for the game or not. They want to look at the ENTIRE field of players not just a few. People look at things at different perspectives though.

No lvl 30 and up achivs on character (dk exploits can gtfo), no enchants higher then 100 skill, no looms, mounts/pets you can not get as starter.
also character should not have acquired more then 10g. however i dunno if u can see it now since armory statistics fucked up since start of wod.

Also consider changing your webpage to more darker colors.

No lvl 30 and up achivs on character (dk exploits can gtfo), no enchants higher then 100 skill, no looms, mounts/pets you can not get as starter.
also character should not have acquired more then 10g. however i dunno if u can see it now since armory statistics fucked up since start of wod.
Also consider changing your webpage to more darker colors.

what, no looms? i thought all f2p could get looms?
if not, i guess i could add another filter, "chars without looms" or something.

and yeah i know, i got darker colors planned, my eyes are burning

They can get heirlooms.
They grey line comes in, if a Starter account is linked with a Paid account.
When you start using achievements as filters then that will exclude all those players that have ever had a linked account. There are quite a few Trial accounts with linked Subbed accounts.
If you can filter out something like a neck/ring enchants that may make it easier on you and it will also keep the largest pool of possible players. As those only came into effect during WoD. And it seems the majority of people are concerned about skirmishes.

So if i understand correctly, F2Ps can link the account to a paid account, pay for one month to get everything they need, then stop the paid account?
If so i guess every competetive F2P player have done this.

So maybe the easiest/best way to characterize someone as a F2P, is to check if they got no ring enchants, and also double check their weapons for high level enchants.

"Interface -> show only character's achievements"

Will only show what achieves you have got on that char, even on wow armory.

F2P is Free to Play. Starter accounts. Veteran is one time pay (in theory, as some people can resub to gear a new char "to play for free") and P2P is subscribed players, usually 29 twinks.

If you want to see the Starters, then we have no ring/neck enchants but it might change once F2P WoD comes out. Level 100 cap in primary professions might be tricky cause some races can get higher (for example Draenei have Jewelcrafting bonus). http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/magtheridon/Crystalpall/statistic#130:191 <- Extra Bank Slots puchased will 99% of the time show you the difference between Starter and everything else as we have 10 gold cap all the time and can only buy 3, where Veterans and P2Ps usually get 7 while subscribed. It's showing 7 for me even though I'm starter because of an old matter with fake codes and I don't generally wanna get back to that.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/magtheridon/Crystalpall/statistic#132:173 Highest "xxx" skill shouldn't be higher than let's say 115 which is 100+15 for some race bonuses.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/magtheridon/Crystalpall/statistic#15219 No pet battles

That's all off the top of my head, hope I could be helpful. Thanks!

If so i guess every competetive F2P player have done this.
every competitive player not going after extra advantage unlike steamrolling scrubs.
i gave u info u asked for and i dont think this should be geting any more responses from my part as this seem to be a troll from start.

Basically the difference is the ultra dirty ultra op scumbag enchants. There are f2ps with guid heirlooms, but no op enchants, that can be considered f2p veterans that have come back to the game after they stopped paying, these are ok . But people with op enchants are not really f2p and veterans, they simply payed at last one more month just to do this dirtiness; so they are paying 20s and not really f2ps and veterans, even if their subscription have already ended, cause they specially payed just to spend one entire month of their miserable lifes to do this ultra dirty and ultra boring overpower-twinking shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is obvious.

The overall method to determine if you are fully f2p or not is based on how much you can reach within a trial's limit.
Getting the gears without paying for even once or linking accounts with one and another is the only way to become a real f2p.
(some gears even needed higher level to be purchased or received, and those p2p get on their main to get them for their 20 trinks.)
Some people think that having heirooms without ridiculous enchantments is considered to be f2p.
Then let me demonstrate the huge difference between their f2p and the real f2p.

Some parts of the heirooms give additional more stats than the regular gears you can farm from dungeons.
I hope you have noticed that, so I can continue.
Now here is the stats differences problem.
If you do the math, you would know how much additional spell and attack powers, stamina, haste and critical strikes you will own comparing with the dungeon gears.
Most of the classes (lets not talk about the Alliance Eyepatch here for now) can't have anything on head besides flying goggle and fishing hat.
Those two dont give you anything beside stam and criitcal strikes, where heirooms give you 7 to 8 useful stats that specific classes needed.
(Now go ahead and think about the eyepatch from Stockade in Alliance, which only gives you agrility, stam, and critical strikes, where other classes might be strength, and intel. focused.)

The same goes to the neck and cloak, which only give you +3 in useful stats, where the heirooms give you twice more useful stats.
Also, heirooms rings(which Blizzard has given more useful heiroom rings since the lastest update), necks, and leggings give you more options and alternations to create different stats sets of gears. (Critical strikes, haste). Mostly ridiculous one is the neckless that immediately heals anyone 7xx hp, which is pretty dumb for me, with only 2 mins cool down.
Those heirooms, unlike other basic chest, shoulder, weapon, and half of trinkets, cannot be earned by Darkmoon Festival or the previous honor/Justice trade off.
and that is one of the key point about why people who have them on their toons can't possibly be real f2p.

Overall, there are differences between real f2p and paid once/linked f2p, and those differences create a certain influential gap between each other.
Some might not feel safe to gear up like actual f2p because they can't get used to the low attack/spell poower thing.
Therefore, they decided to apply the above two options to make their toons tougher, and claimed themselves as f2p in order to "look" skillful than the actual p2p with enchantments.
But come on, they can't be more serious.
They are not f2p at all. They can only be considered as "nerfed p2p."
If there are people still wanna compare those with enchanted p2p to support their statement for being f2p, that is totally fine with me.
Maybe you just have never done the math properly.
Anyways, these are my opinions toward actual f2p, nerfed p2p, and actual p2p.

By the way, all the toons listed down at my Signature are all real f2p.
Take a closer look and figure out the above demonstration if you can.

Users who are viewing this thread