US Scammed (Be careful of this player)

Speratic

Grandfathered
Hello all, there is a scammer on Tichondrius that scammed me out of 10k for a Freehold boost i provided last night. His name is Codeine (the last e has an accent) I leveled his rogue from lv. 117-120, and he only paid me 45k (we agreed to 55k due to his first level not being a full level). I leveled him to 120, and he dipped out on the last 10k he owed me. At first he tried to claim that he paid the first level with only 5k since it wasn't a full level, but I told him I wanted 15k, as I was already doing him a favor by doing 20k per level (this sells for 30k+), so he paid me 15k for the first level. For payments, I was doing half payments (half up front and half after I finished the level for him), so the first level he paid 15k, due to not being a full level, 2nd level he paid 20k, and the final level he paid me 10k, but skipped out on the final 10k. He has ignored me and removed me from bnet. Be careful, as he may try to scam again. He has two toons with the same name Codeine one is a DK and the other is a DH (both have a very similar accent over the last E in the name). He originally said he would pay me 100k, and told me he would pay at the end of the boost, luckily I was smart enough to make him pay up front and at the end of each level. Ultimately all I wanted was the 55k, and I got him to agree to 60k, but then we changed it to 55k cause his first level was quick. This is the kind of behavior that makes us have to take payments up front per level, I hate it. I like being able to do half and half, lesson learned

Last edited:
I had this happen in legion quite often so I implemented a rule that I get paid at the beginning of each and every run or no XP for you.

Solo dungeon carries, ie: just you and the client, give a large amount of xp since the trash xp is split between 2 people instead of 5. You're manually entering the dungeon, not queueing for randoms.

You will level much faster but you only have 1 paying client at a time.

you can report it.
I had this happen in legion quite often so I implemented a rule that I get paid at the beginning of each and every run or no XP for you.
I had it happen before, but for some reason I thought I would give the benefit of the doubt to this guy. Lesson learned lul
[doublepost=1548126198,1548123456][/doublepost]
you can report it.
Is this new? In the past blizzard has generally declined getting involved for people with issues like this.

you need to provide the time you had the conversation with him, and the realm of both of you, if someone take your gold and not provide you the item or service, it is termed fraud, blizz takes this seriously, you will get your gold back .. what they do to the other guy is all up to blizz

I was once playing on very good private server. Things like this, were not against rules. Why? Coz it is your deal and you are supposed to be careful. If GMs solved all these problems, people would be less careful.
If you got tricked when buying Vial of the Sands (mount) and they sold you Elixir of Armor Piercing (same icon https://www.wowhead.com/icon=236886/inv-alchemy-potion-06) for few tousand golds, it was your problem, coz ur a dumbass :D.

you need to provide the time you had the conversation with him, and the realm of both of you, if someone take your gold and not provide you the item or service, it is termed fraud, blizz takes this seriously, you will get your gold back .. what they do to the other guy is all up to blizz

Exactly. report it, and you'll be fine. Anytime you get scammed, and it's in writing, you'll get your stuff back.

I was once playing on very good private server. Things like this, were not against rules. Why? Coz it is your deal and you are supposed to be careful. If GMs solved all these problems, people would be less careful.
If you got tricked when buying Vial of the Sands (mount) and they sold you Elixir of Armor Piercing (same icon https://www.wowhead.com/icon=236886/inv-alchemy-potion-06) for few tousand golds, it was your problem, coz ur a dumbass :D.
Wouldn't they notice if it was white instead of purple? And also im pretty sure the name shows up in the trade box rofl.
[doublepost=1548189323,1548189288][/doublepost]
Exactly. report it, and you'll be fine. Anytime you get scammed, and it's in writing, you'll get your stuff back.
Nice. Well hell yea!

Hello all, there is a scammer on Tichondrius that scammed me out of 10k for a Freehold boost i provided last night. His name is Codeine (the last e has an accent) I leveled his rogue from lv. 117-120, and he only paid me 45k (we agreed to 55k due to his first level not being a full level). I leveled him to 120, and he dipped out on the last 10k he owed me. At first he tried to claim that he paid the first level with only 5k since it wasn't a full level, but I told him I wanted 15k, as I was already doing him a favor by doing 20k per level (this sells for 30k+), so he paid me 15k for the first level. For payments, I was doing half payments (half up front and half after I finished the level for him), so the first level he paid 15k, due to not being a full level, 2nd level he paid 20k, and the final level he paid me 10k, but skipped out on the final 10k. He has ignored me and removed me from bnet. Be careful, as he may try to scam again. He has two toons with the same name Codeine one is a DK and the other is a DH (both have a very similar accent over the last E in the name). He originally said he would pay me 100k, and told me he would pay at the end of the boost, luckily I was smart enough to make him pay up front and at the end of each level. Ultimately all I wanted was the 55k, and I got him to agree to 60k, but then we changed it to 55k cause his first level was quick. This is the kind of behavior that makes us have to take payments up front per level, I hate it. I like being able to do half and half, lesson learned
All this over 10k?

you can report it.

I wouldn’t report it

Selling carries is against policy for any kind of currency in game or IRL

Get the gold in advance bro

No sympathy here ><

Selling carries for gold is not against the rules, their only action on the subject was to force advertisers to trade chat, can't use lfg tool

@Wuuold What faction are you and do you take gold on any (bleeding hollow) server?
Horde, I would! But moving forward I don't do carries unless I am paid up front per level. Chaoticdeath#1865 if interested
[doublepost=1548226088,1548226015][/doublepost]
Selling carries for gold is not against the rules, their only action on the subject was to force advertisers to trade chat, can't use lfg tool
Correct, Blizzard has time and time again told us we can do in-game carries for gold.
[doublepost=1548226160][/doublepost]
I wouldn’t report it

Selling carries is against policy for any kind of currency in game or IRL

Get the gold in advance bro

No sympathy here ><
Not true, blizzard has told us time and time again that we can sell services for gold, however, we CANNOT sell for real life currency. I'm not looking for sympathy brother, I'm just doing this post to make people aware of this guy!
[doublepost=1548226230][/doublepost]
All this over 10k?
Absolutely, he may try to scam someone else, and the point of my post is to make people aware of him, so they can be careful when interacting with them. Also, it was a FULL level worth of runs and 10k, it was a lot of my time I can never get back.

some players ask for payment upfront, some dont .. long long ago, i always get a team to run my toon through dungeon ie. Blackrock Caverns and Throne of the Tides to get those lvl78 ilvl308s cata blues, paying each player 5k .. thats 20k per dungeon run, considered good money (or gold) at that time .. i have never paid anyone in advance, but i pay them at the end of each dungeon .. at that time, we can only run 5 dungeons within an hour, thats 100k .. and many players kept me on their file, and message me every now and then if i have more runs for them .. i usually have, back then i kept about 15 live accounts .. so many toons need to get geared .. its a reputation thing .. if you are in a realm long enough, and when you call out for runs .. many players will respond .. from my experience out of every 10 players who came, at least 1 or 2 are coming and doing for free, they dont even want to get paid, but it is my personal policy that nothing in this world is free, so i will still mail them the gold, or ask them to deposit into their guild bank for their guild members if they dont want to benefit themselves

some players ask for payment upfront, some dont .. long long ago, i always get a team to run my toon through dungeon ie. Blackrock Caverns and Throne of the Tides to get those lvl78 ilvl308s cata blues, paying each player 5k .. thats 20k per dungeon run, considered good money (or gold) at that time .. i have never paid anyone in advance, but i pay them at the end of each dungeon .. at that time, we can only run 5 dungeons within an hour, thats 100k .. and many players kept me on their file, and message me every now and then if i have more runs for them .. i usually have, back then i kept about 15 live accounts .. so many toons need to get geared .. its a reputation thing .. if you are in a realm long enough, and when you call out for runs .. many players will respond .. from my experience out of every 10 players who came, at least 1 or 2 are coming and doing for free, they dont even want to get paid, but it is my personal policy that nothing in this world is free, so i will still mail them the gold, or ask them to deposit into their guild bank for their guild members if they dont want to benefit themselves
i feel you, well that's cool, too bad not everyone is like you.

Users who are viewing this thread